Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Thought about limfaffo longines at like 4am last night

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Cincinnati Bengals are winning the Super Bowl.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think they're going to win Super Bowl LIX. funny name + takes place in burrow land. scriptet

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

Cavauro posted:

i think they're going to win Super Bowl LIX. funny name + takes place in burrow land. scriptet

Just checked and it’s going to be in the bayou, not in the plains ohio. Disappointing.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ohayou bayou

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Dick Cass

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
https://twitter.com/ibsignorer/status/1554525469852291079

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ravens did copy the raiders quite a bit

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Mc Donald’s

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
https://mobile.twitter.com/RonBillmery/status/1554562830006984706

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
faked out by ball sacks again

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Those are fake right?

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Time posted:

Thought about limfaffo longines at like 4am last night

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I think it's real

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

It's 1:14 am and I'm posting about Frank Sanders

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I'm at the ER now after feeling pain in my chest when I breathe in and my hives are raging. Plus my hallucinations and crap continue. Man I hate places like this.

I'm sitting here thinking about Darnell Dinkins

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tell them about the wr problem. they can't treat it if they don't know

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Kawalimus posted:

I'm at the ER now after feeling pain in my chest when I breathe in and my hives are raging. Plus my hallucinations and crap continue. Man I hate places like this.

Hope it all goes well man

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

kawalimus unironically hallucinating looney tunes style birds flying around his head

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Feel better soon bud

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Amy Pole Her posted:

Hope it all goes well man

Thanks. I think ill be ok. Sitting here in this waiting room a true test of my mental endurance. But I wont be beaten.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

did they do?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

Thanks. I think ill be ok. Sitting here in this waiting room a true test of my mental endurance. But I wont be beaten.

If Jaylon Ferguson comes up to you and offers his hand -do not- take it

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Cavauro posted:

did they do?

Ive been beaten. People here have been waiting since noon and no one being seen. Im outta here once i can get this poo poo off me. Someone else said they waited 40 hours!! And left

Whatever. My vitals are ok. Im not dying yet.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

glad you are relatively 'ok' but that is sickening. who dey

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Which hospital? Good lord.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
My wife had some sort of weird pop-up bug a few months back.

We went to one hospital and the waiting room was standing room only and people had been waiting for hours upon hours. So we said gently caress that and drove like two minutes over to the next hospital, which was literally empty.

What I'm saying is check with your insurance ahead of time but you might want to try a different place.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Eifert Posting posted:

We went to one hospital and the waiting room was standing room only and people had been waiting for hours upon hours. So we said gently caress that and drove like two minutes over to the next hospital, which was literally empty.

What I'm saying is check with your insurance ahead of time but you might want to try a different place.

Thanks. Thats what I'll do if it worries me again. Ive never been to an ER before in my life so my only knowledge is this post-covid nightmare version. Plus they said to me "now you just have to wait to see the doctor" after the initial tests and i had no idea what thr situation was until i heard people talking and a few people flipped out.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
If it is difficult to breathe and you have hives all over you can actually call an ambulance or go to your fire station and tell them what is happening and they will give you a shot and take you to the hospital if you don't feel better (and probably skip the waiting room). Call 911 if you are starting to feel worse!!

Godspeed gentle goon

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

If it is difficult to breathe and you have hives all over you can actually call an ambulance or go to your fire station and tell them what is happening and they will give you a shot and take you to the hospital if you don't feel better (and probably skip the waiting room). Call 911 if you are starting to feel worse!!

Godspeed gentle goon

My friend is lending me an epipen. So I'll have that silver bullet on me at least.

They should have at least said to me something like "we are moving really slow at the moment" and not implied seeing the doctor was a realistic expectation. There's probably all kinds of dumb reasons they do that like to get me to do the xrays and bloodwork and crap so they get money. But I'm not an expert on this stuff.

I felt bad for the staff. You could tell they'd been screamed at a lot. I tried to be real nice when saying I was leaving but they reacted even a little defensively. Like they were ready for me to freak out but I told them I wasn't mad and I hoped things would improve for them

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Aug 5, 2022

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Kawalimus strong 💪

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Kawalimus posted:

My friend is lending me an epipen. So I'll have that silver bullet on me at least.

They should have at least said to me something like "we are moving really slow at the moment" and not implied seeing the doctor was a realistic expectation. There's probably all kinds of dumb reasons they do that like to get me to do the xrays and bloodwork and crap so they get money. But I'm not an expert on this stuff.

I felt bad for the staff. You could tell they'd been screamed at a lot. I tried to be real nice when saying I was leaving but they reacted even a little defensively. Like they were ready for me to freak out but I told them I wasn't mad and I hoped things would improve for them

Ok, well I moonlight as an EMT so if you start feeling anxious and have any questions you can pm me (I am not a doctor though). The staff might have seemed defensive because letting a guy hallucinating with breathing problems and rashes peace out is a bit uncomfortable for them.

Again, if you go to a fire station and explain what is going on they will at least stick a pulse ox on you and take your temperature and poo poo and probably not charge you any money. Just knock on the door and say you are having a medical issue and if an emt is available.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Ok, well I moonlight as an EMT so if you start feeling anxious and have any questions you can pm me (I am not a doctor though). The staff might have seemed defensive because letting a guy hallucinating with breathing problems and rashes peace out is a bit uncomfortable for them.

Again, if you go to a fire station and explain what is going on they will at least stick a pulse ox on you and take your temperature and poo poo and probably not charge you any money. Just knock on the door and say you are having a medical issue and if an emt is available.

I see and that makes sense. Probably a lot of things had them on edge one guy freaked out at them dropping f-bombs and left and he had a heart issue. That's all great advice about the fire station stuff and I'll PM you if I start getting anxious. What I'm hearing from people is the ER I went to is notorious for being a bad experience so if there's a next time with this I'll go to a different one.

I really was just going to make sure I wasn't having some sort of event or failure. But nothing pointed to that, so even though it was a bad experience I've at least gotten some literacy of all this type of stuff, and I did the right thing at least going in and making sure I wasn't dying rather than just trying to ride it out and risk something more serious.

I greatly appreciate everyone's well-wishes!! :)

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Aug 5, 2022

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Feel better soon my friend

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Eifert Posting posted:

insurance has to pay an er "as though it were in network" i.e. use your in network benefits regardless of the place (unless you are somehow still on a pre-ACA plan 13 years in). this doesn't mean it won't cost an assload, of course, depending on your plan, but it probably won't cost any MORE of an assload no matter which hospital you go to.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I would simply choose to have a medical emergency when the ER wasn’t as busy

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

what's up fellas i'm excited for another season of baltimore ravens football i'm sure we're all in great health and none of your lovely quarterbacks have done bad touch. lets get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I had surgery to remove part of my tongue and a bunch of lymph nodes 3 days ago and I'm eating mushed baby food rice and thinking about the Ravens lack of wide receivers. Football is back baby.