Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

:five:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
So funny.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

Please someone gif the old lady eating the paper cup in the miniature episode

best I got, sorry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWE1jj0Blok

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
That episode is so damned good

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

b-a-bay b-e-bee b-i-bickey-bi b-o-bo bickey-bi-bo-bu

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

hawowanlawow posted:

b-a-bay b-e-bee b-i-bickey-bi b-o-bo bickey-bi-bo-bu

I hate zydeco.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Watching early Beavis and Butthead and I think I spotted proto-Dale in the episode where they call a phone sex line.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Now that’s a track star physique

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Milo and POTUS posted:

That episode is so damned good

Everyone stay calm, we’ve just experienced severe tire damage

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Peggy’s suggestion box with no hole

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

"let me introduce you to my mom"
"I didn't know you had a sister!"

"let me get a sports page"
*pulls down a framed newspaper clipping with her HS stats and puts it on top of the sports page Bobby already has open*

like ten seconds of koth is better than whole eps of other shows lol

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

wtf

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

hawowanlawow posted:

"let me get a sports page"
*pulls down a framed newspaper clipping with her HS stats and puts it on top of the sports page Bobby already has open*

what I love about this joke is that with the audio you can't really hear what Peggy is saying clearly but she's trying to claim she had a no-hitter when she didn't according to the offiicial score and it's a joke you would only care about if you know how baseball scoring works and listened hard enough

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

you broke my grill posted:

what I love about this joke is that with the audio you can't really hear what Peggy is saying clearly but she's trying to claim she had a no-hitter when she didn't according to the offiicial score and it's a joke you would only care about if you know how baseball scoring works and listened hard enough

What episode is this? It sounds vaguely familiar but googling is just bringing up other episodes of KOTH that have a sports focus

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, it's up there with Hank reminiscing about his HS football career and how his injury kept him out of playing in college.

When he then mentions his 40 time and anyone with a knowledge of football would laugh about how embarrassingly slow he was.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I always wondered if that was meant to be a joke or if it was just the writers not looking up what a good time would be, just because Hank was implied to be a good player that would have made it to college football without the injury.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

bobjr posted:

I always wondered if that was meant to be a joke or if it was just the writers not looking up what a good time would be, just because Hank was implied to be a good player that would have made it to college football without the injury.

No Bobby, it was God.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Propane Maniacs!

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
Strickland Propene does not have a vending machine. It smells and I thank god every day I get home that I didn't get exploded.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf4RsmaYuNw

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I don't remember that episode, but is that Danny Trejo?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Yea he voiced reocurring Strickland Propane character Enrique.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

^sniped.

That's Rob Zombie!!

It might be Trejo. I could have swore Trejo played Octavio, maybe he did it for the character's debut. But I know that Judge did Octavio for the most part.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Trejo only voices Enrique. Judge voices Octavio in every appearance, him looking like Trejo is just a bit.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

What episode is this? It sounds vaguely familiar but googling is just bringing up other episodes of KOTH that have a sports focus

What does HBP mean?

Hit By Pitch. She was crowding the plate.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

bobjr posted:

The joke was that Hank overestimates his glory days.

Now Bill absolutely could have played in college if he didn't enlist. The Billdozer carried that team.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Legs like a jackrabbit

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Deki posted:

The joke was that Hank overestimates his glory days.

Now Bill absolutely could have played in college if he didn't enlist. The Billdozer carried that team.

I completely forget; is it ever apparent to Hank how much better of a football player Bill was than him?

I'd pull up an episode or six, but I live in noted KotH-exile land, :canada:

Just put it on Disney+, you jerks. :argh:

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I mean it was the late 70s right? 40 times were probably slower on average by a lot, and hank was going to the state championship for football in texas. that's pretty good texas loves children playing football and is all about it. my take is that hank was good at football

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

A MIRACLE posted:

I mean it was the late 70s right? 40 times were probably slower on average by a lot, and hank was going to the state championship for football in texas. that's pretty good texas loves children playing football and is all about it. my take is that hank was good at football

If Hank was good at football, his ankle wouldn't have snapped and Arlen would have gone to state!!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

He probably was good at football. I imagine they wanted it as an important part of his backstory, but not a defining part. Married With Children was pretty fresh at the time, I doubt they wanted to retread similar jokes to Al Bundy's football glory days.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Hank had the rushing yards record, Bill the touchdown record.

A few comments over the series imply Hank’s record isn’t easy to beat, as college bound athletes in the current time aren’t breaking it

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Another Bill posted:

If Hank was good at football, his ankle wouldn't have snapped and Arlen would have gone to state!!

Should have taken a salt tablet

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Another Bill posted:

:actually: Arlen did go to state, they just lost.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

the show retcons a lot so im not going to think about it too much

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Hank ran the 40 in 5.9 seconds which is very slow

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
I think it was a writers mistake. I played a lot of football at a small high school in Ohio and I ran a 5.7 40 and I was a lineman. Fast times were in the low-mid 4’s and this was in the 90’s. We made it to state semi-finals one year before getting our asses handed to us. We were also in the smallest division.

Is it ever mentioned what division Arlen High is in? I assume TX has divisions like Ohio based on male enrollment at the time. Maybe they were in a smaller division where that 40 time wouldn’t have mattered a ton idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Arlen's a p big town I think so I assume it's in one of the higher divisions.