Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Rick posted:

I'm amazed only 20K saw G1 Supercard I don't feel like I've ever spoken to anyone who's missed it but I guess that is the bubble of this place.

NJPW World probably isn't included in those numbers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't know who it is but a pretty significant number of wrestling 'fans' will pirate shows that would otherwise cost them money. people who are very comfortable online let's say. so that plays into it a bit. maybe a couple thousand. I know a lot of things

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cavauro posted:

i don't know who it is but a pretty significant number of wrestling 'fans' will pirate shows that would otherwise cost them money. people who are very comfortable online let's say. so that plays into it a bit. maybe a couple thousand. I know a lot of things

who told you this

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The webmaster.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Cavauro posted:

The webmaster.

Did you sign the guestbook?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Who has time for that when there’s a whole webring to explore

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Alaois posted:

are you absolutely positive it's the Ka Mate and not the Siva Tau

Yes. 100%. The Ka Mate and Siva Tau are very different.

This is the All Blacks squad of 2020 doing the Ka Mate Haka before their match against the Wallabies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgTdohtNwBg

This is the Manu Samoa team doing the Siva Tau before their match against Russia at the 2019 Rugby World Cup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xn0RFGCLAc

I'd imagine what lvyplus said is probably more or less what has happened.

Ivypls posted:

looking up the theme, it looks like it's a mikey ruckus joint so i wonder if he grabbed something from a sound library that was just labeled like, "polynesian" or something

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Edogawa rando making wild accusations of racism, who'd have thought it?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Especially at 40 dollars a buy. I think supercard of honor was only 30 and did significantly less.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Especially at 40 dollars a buy. I think supercard of honor was only 30 and did significantly less.

30-odd on FITE where I live, for both.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

yea ok posted:

fun match to think of: bryan danielson vs alex shelley from arena warfare

https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1553162319407898624

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

It's the biggest ROH PPV ever.

G1 Supercard did 20,000+
Supercard this year did 18,000+

Various Sinclair era shows did 10-15,000. (And did much less towards the end. But I think a big Cody show did 15 and some of the early ones did 10.)

TNA PPVs during their hot period in 2005 did 25-30,000 buys without TV. That dropped to 25,000 as things slowed down.

They averaged 10,000 during the Russo era.

The overall biggest TNA PPVs were

Lockdown 2008 (Joe vs Angle 5) 70-80,000
Genesis 2006 (Joe vs Angle 1) 70,000

Do these include international audiences as well?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Hell,

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

edogawa rando posted:

Do these include international audiences as well?

Those should all be worldwide although the older the PPV the smaller the worldwide PPV distribution would be.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Those should all be worldwide although the older the PPV the smaller the worldwide PPV distribution would be.

Cheers. I guess that follows. It's only recently that RoH has been easily available where I live, and a lot of the stuff from its early years, and Age of the Fall and so on has been difficult to come by.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/PrinceKingNana/status/1553136908838092800

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Rick posted:

I'm amazed only 20K saw G1 Supercard I don't feel like I've ever spoken to anyone who's missed it but I guess that is the bubble of this place.

I don't follow japanese wrestling at all, and I could probably only name a handful of japanese wrestlers most of which I know from AEW.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Oasx posted:

I don't follow japanese wrestling at all, and I could probably only name a handful of japanese wrestlers most of which I know from AEW.
that was the madison square garden ppv roh copromoted with new japan

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

My friend watched Dragon Lee vs Rush and enjoyed it but was expecting something "a bit more lucha" from Dragon Lee. Can anyone suggest some good matches that I can find online for him?

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
I'd assume anything that is him vs Hiromu Takahashi including the ones where Hiromu was on excursion in CMLL as Kamaitachi.

Although maybe not the one where Hiromu literally breaks his neck after having done something like four matches in one weekend.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Hoss Corncave posted:

I'd assume anything that is him vs Hiromu Takahashi including the ones where Hiromu was on excursion in CMLL as Kamaitachi.

Although maybe not the one where Hiromu literally breaks his neck after having done something like four matches in one weekend.

To be clear, Lee was the one who'd worked several matches in a short period, not Hiromu

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Hoss Corncave posted:

Cool, a search of the old best matches threads has turned up some promising candidates. Cheers!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Tarnop posted:

Cool, a search of the old best matches threads has turned up some promising candidates. Cheers!

There's a match between Dragon Lee and Cavernario from 1/4/19 that was one of the best matches of the year.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

MassRafTer posted:

There's a match between Dragon Lee and Cavernario from 1/4/19 that was one of the best matches of the year.

Thank you! I found it here if anyone else wants to watch

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

Indie wrestler under an AEW/ROH deal
Another former NXT name is under a deal with ROH/AEW Fightful has learned.

25-year old Blake Christian has been working a variety of promotions, including AEW, ROH, IMPACT, NJPW, GCW, and Jim Crockett Promotions since his 2021 WWE release. However, sources this past weekend surrounding the Starrcast show indicated that Christian is under an agreement with All Elite Wrestling, tied to the Ring of Honor promotion.

Blake tagged with Tony Deppen and Alex Zayne at ROH Death Before Dishonor. He's also worked several AEW dates, dating back to the Dark tapings in March. However, he worked three matches at the July set of Dark tapings, leading many to believe he'd been signed by the company.

We haven't been told if the deal is full-time or tiered.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Good, he's a perfect fit.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
"another former NXT name" is such a misleading way to describe Blake Christian lol

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Blake Christian probably has wrestled 10 times as many matches in GCW as he had during his 5-minute stay in WWE, how the gently caress is he a "former NXT wrestler". Even calling him "another former NJPW wrestler" would have been more believable.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

If he can nail character down as hard as he's nailed ringwork down he could be great Another of these guys in his mid twenties just absolutely killing it.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I didn't watch the Flair thing so I did a double-take at them saying Blake Christian had wrestled for Jim Crockett Promotions.

Unless he's secretly like 60 years old :tinfoil:

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

sticklefifer posted:

I didn't watch the Flair thing so I did a double-take at them saying Blake Christian had wrestled for Jim Crockett Promotions.

Unless he's secretly like 60 years old :tinfoil:

Doesn't seem that odd when GCW ran this match as a "Young Talent Scramble"

Age of the competitors: 72, 23, 16, 19, 17, 20(?).

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Penguin Patrol posted:

"another former NXT name" is such a misleading way to describe Blake Christian lol

i can't wait until this sort of phrasing dies a deserved death but i think it's going to last forever. calling aew wrestlers ex-wwe is too beloved

like i don't even care that much about cole karter but he was on nxt for a few months before they fired him and he showed up on aew -- but he'd wrestled on aew dark before going to nxt over both a longer period of time and for more matches. still though people were going 'why did they grab this random ex-nxt jobber and put him directly on tv' (which, like, it seems like they're going back to what they wanted to do with him when he was bouncing around dark)

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

flatluigi posted:

i can't wait until this sort of phrasing dies a deserved death but i think it's going to last forever. calling aew wrestlers ex-wwe is too beloved

like i don't even care that much about cole karter but he was on nxt for a few months before they fired him and he showed up on aew -- but he'd wrestled on aew dark before going to nxt over both a longer period of time and for more matches. still though people were going 'why did they grab this random ex-nxt jobber and put him directly on tv' (which, like, it seems like they're going back to what they wanted to do with him when he was bouncing around dark)

It's because it gets better SEO results to put NXT and not GCW in the headline. You're probably right about it being around forever now.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/tatetwinbrent/status/1555998857028407304?s=21&t=NQ3ykQ5FUHcyFzU9eCDKCQ

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

awesome, hope this means dalton's gonna be sticking around too (i would assume so since they made him and the boys the trios champs but you never know)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Joey McChrist posted:

awesome, hope this means dalton's gonna be sticking around too (i would assume so since they made him and the boys the trios champs but you never know)

I've figured Dalton's got a deal in place ever since he got the BotB challenge

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Edit: oops

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Hell yeah that owns.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i really enjoy the current roh product

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

JOHN CENA posted:

i really enjoy the current roh product

I also enjoy it and would like an opportunity to enjoy it weekly.