Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Can you imagine getting the stains out fighting against a blood manipulation user?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I imagine Kenjaku knows stuff we don't that makes Kamo not matter to the plans.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
he has a good head on his shoulders. or someone’s shoulders anyway

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Maybe he has a little soft spot for the Kamo clan, considering he once took the body of Noritoshi Kamo

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

I imagine Kenjaku knows stuff we don't that makes Kamo not matter to the plans.

That's what all the baddies say!

It just seems silly to leave a loose end that is going to go help people like Itadori who might pose a danger to you.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

EmmyOk posted:

It just seems silly to leave a loose end that is going to go help people like Itadori who might pose a danger to you.

They might not pose a danger. Like he wants Itadori alive.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

MonsterEnvy posted:

They might not pose a danger. Like he wants Itadori alive.

Like any good mother, he just wants what’s best for his boy

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Looking at the old man in the Kamo clan, I wonder if a benefit to being blood benders is longevity. If he's 150+ years old he's ancient.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005

EmmyOk posted:

I think it's believable in character. Kenjaku just has the perspective that the threat they pose is on par with what an ant poses to a normal person. You'd think someone was crazy if they took time to stamp on every ant they saw. It's just as a reader we're familiar with the Bond trope and so can easily imagine this ant coming back to cause him trouble some day; but then that highlights how skewed Kenjaku's perspective really is.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Kenjaku seems quite conflict avoidant in general, I think this is like the... Third time we've seen him go out of his way not to fight someone.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Chapter

https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/3927/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-192?2022-07-29T13

good effort, but no one can stop the reveal of a new form

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Gege really knows how to make some deeply unsettling monster designs, and knows how to frame the designs that would otherwise be kind of forgettable to make them very imposing. This is really cool.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
:lol: Naoya didn't forget the last time he got poo poo on by a bloodbender.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 47 hours!
every time maki shows up the manga gets worse for it and this caterpie-metapod evolution fight is almost offensive

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

These kinds of chapters are easier to digest in a binge read, but are a little less exciting on the weekly release.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

skipmyseashells posted:

every time maki shows up the manga gets worse for it and this caterpie-metapod evolution fight is almost offensive

No, more Maki!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Lamebot posted:

No, more Maki!

:hai:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-193/chapter/25065?action=read

:ohdear:

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 47 hours!

Wow maki is fighting a digimon, i hope she’s dead so her bad character finally leaves and we get itadori or megumi back

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
She's not even the problem here. Naoya is such a load on the story and he's her arch nemesis so of course he drags everything down with him. Dude is so 1-note even Dagon had more personality and character to him.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
i love them both so it’s easy street over here.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i've been onboard with all the fights happening so far but this has me tapping my watch

there's nothing to this except "you thought i was fast, but i'm actually SUPER DUPER FAST"

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Brought To You By posted:

She's not even the problem here. Naoya is such a load on the story and he's her arch nemesis so of course he drags everything down with him. Dude is so 1-note even Dagon had more personality and character to him.

Dagon for his screen time actually had a fair amount of character.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Chapters like this remind me of Bleach when you'd get into those multi fight sections and you cut away from the good poo poo to see like the 2nd least popular arrancar fight the third least popular SS vice captain or something.

I love Maki though, just wish she was involved with something a bit more engaging!

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

skipmyseashells posted:

Wow maki is fighting a digimon, i hope she’s dead so her bad character finally leaves and we get itadori or megumi back

Very normal reaction to a fight that's just kinda there

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021

skipmyseashells posted:

I knew Naoya's new design reminded me of something, nice catch. And yeah, this is what, the 4th or 5th long fight in a row with no breaks between? The fatigue is setting in.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I like Maki but I feel like she should be a lot more effective in this fight considering she's Toji 2.0, who was basically King of Kick rear end Moutain after Gojo

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Oh Snapple! posted:

Very normal reaction to a fight that's just kinda there

look he just wants this girl character who does things to die so one of the boys can be more important what's weird about that???

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I don’t even mind the fight, it’s just not as engaging or as easy to follow as the last one. Also I just want to see the plot advance a bit.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

skipmyseashells posted:

yea I was thinking the same thing, he looks so similar to this thing

maki is good tho

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 47 hours!

Blockhouse posted:

look he just wants this girl character who does things to die so one of the boys can be more important what's weird about that???

Hanami’s death was the saddest in the manga and the crow lady is cool, but since I know maki is gonna win this is just cursed residue from the boring 5 chapter run of perfect preparation

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 47 hours!
I really liked nobara but gege loves to have girl characters die so one of the boys can be more important more than I ever could

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

skipmyseashells posted:

You're stupid Maki rules.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
rereading the chapter, maki's expression on the last spread reads less like "augh, i perish" and more like "this cocky son of a bitch" so i'm hoping she cracks him like a peanut next chapter instead of letting him turn into an evil butterfly or something

i know this had been foreshadowed and all but the way he died originally was excellent and this feels like gilding the lily

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Oxxidation posted:

rereading the chapter, maki's expression on the last spread reads less like "augh, i perish" and more like "this cocky son of a bitch" so i'm hoping she cracks him like a peanut next chapter instead of letting him turn into an evil butterfly or something

i know this had been foreshadowed and all but the way he died originally was excellent and this feels like gilding the lily

Yeah my assumption here is that it's obvious speeding up to catch him won't work, so why not wait until he hits one of them; then just loving grab him and smash him like a walnut.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

skipmyseashells posted:

Are you the next evolution of Naoya?

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Gege may be using Naoya to show what happens when sorcerers turn into cursed spirits to introduce the 3 big Vengeful Spirits into the story line. They may even be Kenjaku's rumoured "bomb". The 3 big jujutsu families are most likely descended from them, with Gojo and Yuta being related to Michizane Sugawara.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
also Naoya's new form reminded me of Zereul from Eva with the skull shaped head and floating tentacle things

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I like Maki because as an Asian I found it mega-therapeutic that she got to wipe out her abusive clan in the most metal way possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Nuebot posted:

Yeah my assumption here is that it's obvious speeding up to catch him won't work, so why not wait until he hits one of them; then just loving grab him and smash him like a walnut.

I think that was the plan, it just failed here cause he was so fast.