Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
i now realize the true final encounter of this story is going to be getting the cat to give back Yaad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
a brush for the kitty...

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Marcille's dress is so cool.

And lmao at Yaad

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

gently caress her up Izutsumi!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
izutsumi's revenge genre spin off manga

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

kino

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Itsumi doesn't seem to like any of those rules

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

ending the talks with marcille with the same advice, word for word, they gave the newbie adventurers in the early chapter is so loving perfect, jesus kui

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Huzzah! posted:

I believe her. She's incredibly strong.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

ending the talks with marcille with the same advice, word for word, they gave the newbie adventurers in the early chapter is so loving perfect, jesus kui

the best detail is Chilchack's uncertainty next to Senshi's full commitment to the bit

I fully expect something horrible to happen next chapter but this chapter was really touching :unsmith:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I like how Marcille roasts Itsuzumi's desire by dropping a book on ethics next to her.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

How can one chapter have so many excellent throwaway gags Ryoko Kui cannot be stopped

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Huzzah! posted:

Fuckin love Izutsumi :catdrugs:

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Izutsumi not knowing what’s going on in the corner of the panels is great

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Izutsumi is the first catgirl I've come across who actually acts like a cat.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Laios's sword hand has been conveniently absent in the last pages, surely nothing bad would happen next chapter.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

Scallop Eyes posted:

Laios's sword hand has been conveniently absent in the last pages, surely nothing bad would happen next chapter.

Knowing a thing or two about demons, a replacement could always come in handy!

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Scallop Eyes posted:

Not to mention the implied importance of Izutsumi's new friend.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

I missed this the first time around but those handwritten bits in the margins are things like:

Pickiness: O
Walking upright:O
Please and thank you:X

Senshi is tracking Izutsumi's gold stars every day :yaycat:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Hey when I finally started reading this, and quickly caught up, why weren't there warnings between each chapter to say how slow the release schedule is???

I'm dying!!!

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Scholtz posted:

Hey when I finally started reading this, and quickly caught up, why weren't there warnings between each chapter to say how slow the release schedule is???

I'm dying!!!

The magazine it’s published in does ten issues a year, so yeah it’s a bit slower than your average monthly

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

thetoughestbean posted:

The magazine it’s published in does ten issues a year, so yeah it’s a bit slower than your average monthly

Ten issues, and a relaxed attitude towards authors missing a month if they feel like it. Harta's a magazine for people who do good manga, but don't want the hellish deadlines you get with weeklies. It's had a lot of good stuff over the years, but it also means there's a lot of waiting for the readers.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Oh yeah I absolutely have no actual problem with the release schedule, I'm just in withdrawal after a couple weeks of chapters on demand.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
I want shorter manga with worse art by people who are paid more to work less.

But also new top-quality Dungeon Meshi delivered directly to me, every single morning, for free.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Scholtz posted:

Oh yeah I absolutely have no actual problem with the release schedule, I'm just in withdrawal after a couple weeks of chapters on demand.

If you haven’t read it already, try out Witch Hat Atelier. It’s a fantastic fantasy manga with gorgeous art where magic is both a literal art and science. That might help the jitters

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Just be warned that Witch Hat Atelier will similarly leave you jonesing for updates (in exchange for absolutely incredible art and storytelling, completely worth it).

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
https://twitter.com/SugoiLITE/status/1556939694230966272

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
For real this time? No "actually it's just a teaser for manga" to play with my heart? :ohdear:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1556979502693191686

motherfuckin trigger??

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

LWA studio making Dungeon Meshi. Seems about right

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Trigger is a heck of a choice haha

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I'm glad it's Trigger and I'm glad they waited for what feels like the final arc.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
marcille... animated!!!

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Izutsumi will not be animated because she doesn't feel like it

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Very excited for this, though I've never been around for a manga being adapted to an anime like this - I'm assuming this sort of announcement means it's like three years out?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Trigger was like bottom of the list of the studios I would think would pick this up. I had Dean and Gonzo higher, and gonzo is dead!

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Let's loving gooooooooooooooo

It will probably be a while until it airs, but it's nice news all the same. If Trigger brings their A-team on this, it will be a huge hit.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Trigger was like bottom of the list of the studios I would think would pick this up.
why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Aside from LWA what series has trigger worked on that remotely like this. Fantasy, D&D like dungeon crawler with heavy emphasis on world building

Any studio thats worked on a fantasy isekai would probably be on paper more likely than trigger in getting the spot in my opinion

That doesnt mean Im not totally on board, it just came out of left field