Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
They did the animated ad, it's not really out of the left field

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Trigger will make you a 30 second ad or intro on comission for anything you want. Its not the same as a full anime production

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
sure whatever, but you see, they made the ad so it's not out of left field

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I would’ve figured Mappa or Wit would get this series as an adaptation, but Trigger is an amazing studio as well so I’m very happy.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

SexyBlindfold posted:

Izutsumi will not be animated because she doesn't feel like it

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

I saw someone also looking into what the various trigger directors are doing right now, and they figure that we'll PROBABLY be getting the little witch academia / BNA director yoh yoshinari, since the other ones are tied up with other projects.

For folks who buy physical, the next volume, along with the world guidebook are coming out on the 23rd!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
yoh yoshinari is my favorite animator of all time so I do hope he's involved, he will undoubtedly pull some insane magic with pivotal action scenes

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Renzuko posted:

I saw someone also looking into what the various trigger directors are doing right now, and they figure that we'll PROBABLY be getting the little witch academia / BNA director yoh yoshinari, since the other ones are tied up with other projects.

For folks who buy physical, the next volume, along with the world guidebook are coming out on the 23rd!

There's no way Imaishi is doing anything other than PSG2 and Cyberpunk right now, yeah

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
https://twitter.com/dun_meshi_anime/status/1557018877757837312

here's the official confirmation

trigger is a bit of a surprise since they generally stick to original material or at least not straight adaptations when they have worked with licensed material in the past, but they certainly should be able to do it justice

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
imagining trigger doing captain's teleport fighting scenes: hmm hmm, this seems good in my imagination

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
https://twitter.com/dun_meshi_anime/status/1557200072613429250

two falins... what is marcille going to do

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Renzuko posted:

this fills me with infinite joy

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

omg

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

please get an english release.....

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
When I was in Japan, I picked up a few Japanese-only tabletop games to bring home. The Japanese tabletop scene is pretty different than the U.S., so it was interesting to compare.

Anyway, if I were still there, I'd definitely pick that up. Might ask a friend to do it, since I can't.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

I cannot imagine as high profile a release as this ever not getting localized, hell, this seems like the perfect thing to show up on toonami

now, it getting a GOOD localization is what I worry about

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
They mean the board game.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
boardgame
e: snipe'd

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh, I hadn't clicked the twitter link.

well now...

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Again, sorry if this is a dumb question, but is there any indication of where the show will actually come out? Like, are they making it for Netflix, or does it go on Crunchyroll, or what? I'm not very familiar with this sort of development process.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Dolash posted:

Again, sorry if this is a dumb question, but is there any indication of where the show will actually come out? Like, are they making it for Netflix, or does it go on Crunchyroll, or what? I'm not very familiar with this sort of development process.

That won't happen until an actual release date is announced and that'll probably be months or more away.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Chapter 86

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

yo THAT SPREAD

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I'm really starting to distrust this winged lion guy

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
marcille, lol

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Izutsumi should appreciate hugs more

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

:yeshaha:

Theyre gonna kill and eat the demon

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Scholtz posted:

I'm really starting to distrust this winged lion guy

Okay, you're going to have to walk back a few steps here, because you're not making any sense.

Jerkface posted:

:yeshaha:

Theyre gonna kill and eat the demon

I mean, worked for Denji.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Izutsumi should appreciate hugs more

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
TIME FOR DEMON CASSEROLE :getin:

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

I mean… wow

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wow that's dumb It took until like the last two pages for me to notice that the blade of the sword was poking out of the book, I'm so oblivious.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

*Loads crossbow with delicious intent.*

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Time for maximum OM NOM NOM

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
I love our idiots so much so much.

For a second there I really thought Marcille was going to kill herself to stop being DM, but her solution was way better.I hope they just keep adding stuff to Laios's arm

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I chuckled when Laius just asked everyone if they knew how to stop being an evil dungeon lord.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Holy gently caress that spread. :eyepop:

Also,

PLUCK

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

They need a DM but nobody wants to DM.

Typical tabletop problems. No wonder this campaign's gone off the rails.

Giant Metal Robot
Jun 14, 2005

Taco Defender
So the dungeon is a digestive system and now they're heading into a digestive system inside of it. There better be more meals to double down on this consumption inception.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Giant Metal Robot posted:

So the dungeon is a digestive system and now they're heading into a digestive system inside of it. There better be more meals to double down on this consumption inception.
the universe is the guts of the god-laius