Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
Mithrun just removing Flamela from the area instead of wasting time convincing her was hilarious and satisfying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I'm glad my favourite Mithrun is back, we needed someone in the cast with a good head on their shoulders.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

kui using him getting killed with a head wound as an excuse to get rid of his goofy glass eye for the final arc was a cool touch

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

kui using him getting killed with a head wound as an excuse to get rid of his goofy glass eye for the final arc was a cool touch

The droopy eye was cool though??? :confused:

Amumin
Dec 21, 2018

Jerkface posted:

:yeshaha:

Theyre gonna kill and eat the demon

They're going to cook a meal for the lion from the rarest and most delicious desires around, those being the lions own desires.

Amumin fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Aug 15, 2022

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Day Dream Hour 5

Some neat background info in this, wish we got these officially released in English somehow.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

RuBisCO posted:

Day Dream Hour 5

Some neat background info in this, wish we got these officially released in English somehow.

We’re getting the adventurer bible, which is incredibly exceptional as it is

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Who got Laios those Valentine chocolates?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
drat, t shirt cat good avatar material

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Snooze Cruise posted:

drat, t shirt cat good avatar material

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Ryoko Kui knows what's up, Grease is the best low level spell for like four editions running.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I really like the Kabru/Canary dynamic. With Misrun especially, but all of them in general too.

And his mom coming over to meet him (and forgetting when tallman puberty occurs) is both funny and sweet.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

the amount of care kui puts into world building is loving nuts

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Yeah just god drat there's so much love in this

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Kui felt bad for doodling a short comic about Farlyn wanting a cake but then not showing her eat that cake.
Somehow I feel like the manga will have a happy ending.

Also the existence of chocolate in the Dungeon Meshi universe proves the existence of Dungeon Meshi Mesoamerica. Give us the Eagle Warriors and Jaguar Warriors that are just straight up eagles and jaguars, you coward

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

other people: wow i can't wait to see what manga the author does next

me: she god drat better turn this universe into a tabletop RPG module

Gahmah
Nov 4, 2009

kidcoelacanth posted:

other people: wow i can't wait to see what manga the author does next

me: she god drat better turn this universe into a tabletop RPG module

Larian Studios announces "Umami in Oubliette" expansion for Baldur's Gate III, featuring Larrus, Mary, Steve, Chuck, & Neko.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

SexyBlindfold posted:

Kui felt bad for doodling a short comic about Farlyn wanting a cake but then not showing her eat that cake.
Somehow I feel like the manga will have a happy ending.

Also the existence of chocolate in the Dungeon Meshi universe proves the existence of Dungeon Meshi Mesoamerica. Give us the Eagle Warriors and Jaguar Warriors that are just straight up eagles and jaguars, you coward

Counterpoint: There's no reason to feel bad if you indeed plan on making it up to her later. :v:

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
Ladykiller kabru tearing his party apart :lmao:
I love all her sketches and doodles and random worldbuilding stuff so much.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Nice to have a copy of the Adventurer's Bible, but is it just me or is the quality of the Amazon file incredibly low? It's only 66MB and it's giving me a headache to read it.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Rand Brittain posted:

Nice to have a copy of the Adventurer's Bible, but is it just me or is the quality of the Amazon file incredibly low? It's only 66MB and it's giving me a headache to read it.

I got the physical so I can’t answer you, sorry

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
new chapter: winged lion II

this might be my favorite chapter of the entire series. it's a real tough choice, but this chapter is so loving good

I love the mechanics of the winged lion. an eldritch horror from beyond the veil, at first unassuming but once given the taste of mortals, became insatiable. I've liked the winged lion as a character before but now it's way more fascinating to me.

also, we now have an avenue for a happy end with everyone, since the winged lion can be eaten but not die! hooray!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Izutsumi is ready to go, she's gonna totally wreck this fool.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Not related to the latest chapter, but I hope Ryoko Kui gets to design characters for some fantasy video game (maybe Fire Emblem), because she knocks them out of the park, especially in visual diversity.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Can Of Worms posted:

Not related to the latest chapter, but I hope Ryoko Kui gets to design characters for some fantasy video game (maybe Fire Emblem), because she knocks them out of the park, especially in visual diversity.

I'd play a dungeon crawler with her designs.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Brought To You By posted:

I'd play a dungeon crawler with her designs.

:same:

We know she's into CRPGs like Baldur's Gate too.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I like the Winged Lion’s whole concept the more we learn about him. he doesn’t want to destroy the world, but only because he’s chiefly interested in sustainable eating and doesn’t want to use up his food source. he’s basically spent his existence trying to apply the agrarian revolution to human souls

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

I like the Winged Lion’s whole concept the more we learn about him. he doesn’t want to destroy the world, but only because he’s chiefly interested in sustainable eating and doesn’t want to use up his food source. he’s basically spent his existence trying to apply the agrarian revolution to human souls

On the other hand, he still might end up destroying the world, because this chapter demonstrated that he is not very good at it. :v:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I like all the cute little creatures saying they're hungry. :unsmith: :kimchi: :3:

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

copy
Jul 26, 2007

god drat this manga owns hard

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

What an unexpectedly delightful chapter. I really liked the look into ancient historical peoples of the world, and especially the grim human sacrifice bit. Really evocative stuff.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Really interesting implication that the races were granted their disparate lifespans instead of it being innate.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

blizzardvizard posted:

:same:

We know she's into CRPGs like Baldur's Gate too.

Give her the Wizardry franchise, Dungeon Meshi is clearly inspired by it.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Adnor posted:

Give her the Wizardry franchise, Dungeon Meshi is clearly inspired by it.
Definetly for the classes and general aesthetics. From what I've heard Dungeon Master is also an inspiration as it features a monster eating mechanic or some related food system.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

RuBisCO posted:

Really interesting implication that the races were granted their disparate lifespans instead of it being innate.

Interesting possibility that the resolution of Marcille's quest could be that defeating the demon withdraws their "blessings" from the world, including perhaps the disparity in lifespans between the races? Instead of everyone living for a thousand years, everyone gets knocked down to human lifespans.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Lt. Lizard posted:

On the other hand, he still might end up destroying the world, because this chapter demonstrated that he is not very good at it. :v:

Especially since it seems like the whole "destroyed the world by granting infinite magical energy" wasn't even the first time he destroy the world by granting wishes. The dwarf wishing for destruction definitely predates the ancient civilization that Laicus and everyone talk about.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

putting this in my favorite panels index along with forbidden magic marcille and the canary group shots from when they were first being introduced

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Great chapter. I can’t believe it, the winged lion legitimately isn’t evil. I mean it isn’t good either but it’s genuinely not something that has bad intentions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
this is going to end up as a monsters. inc situation where laios figures out a way to satisfy the winged lion's appetite without killing or morbing people