Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Love the Countach! It almost justifies 8-wide. Almost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Built the Speed Champions Lotus, pretty cool for such a small model. Lots of stickers, I was thinking about leaving them off but eh.

I'm going to buy the James Bond car and PUT THE STEERING WHEEL ON THE LEFT WHERE GOD INTENDED.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

ChesterJT posted:

Got my castle today. Huge box. I'm usually a one pile kind of guy but it's 4500 pieces and the biggest set I've put together is 2500 so I'm really rethinking that.

This is no time for cowardice.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Spotted in the Cursed Images thread...
:nws:

Not my cup of tea, but you do you. :shrug:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I would say they're bad models but in some respects that's what they're going for

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

uXs posted:

I'm going to buy the James Bond car and PUT THE STEERING WHEEL ON THE LEFT WHERE GOD INTENDED.

*praying that a speed champions nissan skyline is never released to be defiled*

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

The Voice of Labor posted:

*praying that a speed champions nissan skyline is never released to be defiled*

Surely if it was R34 or earlier it’d be RHD

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

deoju posted:

:nws:

Not my cup of tea, but you do you. :shrug:

That rope is not official LEGO element rope, you're excommunicated from the LUG.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Futanari Damacy posted:

Love the Countach! It almost justifies 8-wide. Almost.

A 6 wide Countach would have been a bigger crime against humanity than omitting the wing.

Mr_Chicken
Mar 23, 2009

Skios posted:

When my order arrived yesterday, the Lion Knights' Castle was in a separate box, with a big red DO NOT PUT ON SHELF BEFORE AUGUST 3TH, 2022 sticker on it. I guess those are put on the boxes to prevent exactly that from happening.

I thought this was a funny typo but the sticker on mine also genuinely says August 3th.

This is the first set that I won't be building for a while which is a tremendous effort to not do.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

thanks to everyone in this thread never shutting the gently caress up about the galaxy explorer I now have a galaxy explorer on order.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

deoju posted:

Tbh I'm kind of cackling at the Wall of Implements in the one with the brick-built domme and Member of Parliament, including such items as:

Hi-vis float
Chainsaw blade
Snake
Batarang
Wrench
Shovel

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

So a year or two ago there was a GWP set 40411, creatively titled "12 in 1 Rebuild Into".

It was pretty cool, but a very weird part set and I have repeatedly failed to make anything remotely worthwhile from it.

Until last night!

I bring you Leisure Santa:

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Looks kind of like Stinky Pete

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Howdy!

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Dogen posted:

Looks kind of like Stinky Pete

I see the resemblance, I'll have to watch that sometime. Just caught the first Toy Story about two weeks ago and really enjoyed it.

Here's a dragonfly from the same set I've been messing with in Studio tonight, not 100% sure the rear wings have enough support, but will know in another night or two when I try to build it:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Prophet of Nixon posted:

I see the resemblance, I'll have to watch that sometime. Just caught the first Toy Story about two weeks ago and really enjoyed it.

Here's a dragonfly from the same set I've been messing with in Studio tonight, not 100% sure the rear wings have enough support, but will know in another night or two when I try to build it:

thats really good

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Prophet of Nixon posted:

This must be how Gen X felt when someone says they've never seen Star Wars.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Made the Mercedes F1 Speed Champions car. Pretty decent build, I guess about what I expected for an F1 car of that era. It has an ungodly amount of stickers though, but that's also to be expected from an F1 car that typically has about a billion sponsors.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Toy Story 2 rules. Aged out of it by the third one so I didn’t see that one though.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Aged out

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Built the Mercedes-AMG Project One from the set that also has the F1 car.

I think I like the F1 car more? Which is rather surprising, I thought it would be the other way around. I think it's the colour, the black is much more striking than the grey.

Out of the 4 Speed Champions cars I've built, I think the Lotus Evija is the best so far. (The other one was the Ferrari 512 M.)

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/Falconbricks/status/1558180640448778241

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Kinda impressive, but isn't it bad luck to build a seabird?

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Looks real cool. That's one of those sets that I'd buy for sure if I had the money and space.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Dammit.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

HootTheOwl posted:

Kinda impressive, but isn't it bad luck to build a seabird?

It’s only bad luck if you build and then unbuild it.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

it's cool, but all it's done is make me want a Lego Bioshock lighthouse

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

uXs posted:

Built the Mercedes-AMG Project One from the set that also has the F1 car.

I think I like the F1 car more? Which is rather surprising, I thought it would be the other way around. I think it's the colour, the black is much more striking than the grey.

Out of the 4 Speed Champions cars I've built, I think the Lotus Evija is the best so far. (The other one was the Ferrari 512 M.)

I’m building the F1 car right now, I’m not sure if I care about the Project One car or if I should sell it and recoup some of the cost of the set.

And recommendations on selling Lego sets?

I’ve still got the Countach to build and I have the Ferrari 512 coming in the mail.

I think I’d like to do the F&F Charger, and there are a few sets on sale for $16 on Amazon that I’m kind of tempted by. I might watch some reviews on YouTube.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Now I just need a giant moth underneath the lighthouse...

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

I’ve heard $350 for slightly over 2000 pieces. It has electronic stuff in it but still, oof

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

How hard would it be to build a mermaid with a giant vagina for a stomach out of Lego?

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

At least there's two minifigs so I can have one ask the other if he likes his cookin'.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I love lighthouses, and I want that.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

If it has a rotating light, I ain’t gonna be able to resist that

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Lunar Lander: Very neat looking model. Highly swooshable. Plus the ability to detach the command from the base, which itself doesn't actually get secured to the moon's surface is pretty nice! Love the shiny tiles.
But; Stickers. Why'd it have to be stickers. Especially after doing the Saturn V which was zero stickers this being all stickers was souring. Overall it felt like they were determined to make the kit come at a certain budget and then halfway through the design hit tht budget

Pros: Swooshable, Frogless.
Cons: Stickers

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The footprints on the lunar surface are adorable.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Yeah it has do many brickbuilt details and then it's the a tile in a place you went see where you're supposed to put a computer sticker

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

elf help book posted:

thats really good

Thanks! Build works well but I broke one of the white clips I was using on the rear wings. Clips are terrible. Went ahead and put in a customer service request for one (they need to know they break) and bricklinked a few in colors I have in sets too.

Edit: I dunno what it is about 40411, but the parts in this set feel "softer" than those in most sets I've handled. Weird plastic quality.

Prophet of Nixon fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Aug 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I’m building the Speed Champions Countach and whoever came up with the bit where the rear curved panels slide sideways into place over the back quarters of the car must have been running around the office high-fiving everyone in sight after they came up with it. They probably dislocated their shoulder patting themselves on the back. They must have had to go to the emergency room after their erection didn’t go down after several days.

I knew the technique was coming because the review video I watched spoiled it and it still made me grin when I assembled it myself, it’s so slick.