Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjIFkuPaA20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Overall, this kinda jives with my eventual crash expectations and what a number of people who are (decades in) to the financial industry have said:
basically, crypto will eventually go to 0 or pretty drat close. I know people don't love my wizard TA poo poo as it were, but there's a gap in price of the butts™ at around $400. I'd still love to see it fill.

Also, in a surprise to nobody - the entire crypto community hates Robert Reich, even though I poured through like 10+ of his videos and can't find anything he is even wrong about.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
there will always be demand for something that allows darknets to work, but to people who are obliged to actually use it as a currency high prices and price swings are downsides. i think this is part of the reason why so many transitioned away from the extortionate bitcoin into the much much cheaper and illicit transaction designed monero.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
https://twitter.com/jrhennessy/status/1559660423707705346

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Overall, this kinda jives with my eventual crash expectations and what a number of people who are (decades in) to the financial industry have said:
basically, crypto will eventually go to 0 or pretty drat close. I know people don't love my wizard TA poo poo as it were, but there's a gap in price of the butts™ at around $400. I'd still love to see it fill.

Also, in a surprise to nobody - the entire crypto community hates Robert Reich, even though I poured through like 10+ of his videos and can't find anything he is even wrong about.

Weird. This is the first time I've ever seen him mention crypto. Normally he just talks about bad govt policies and/or good ones.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
https://twitter.com/web3isgreat/status/1559632766156898305

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

oh no, my hoardcoins

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

You're telling me I got five years after a rugpull to get out of town? Lmao. Lol. Lmfao even.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

Weird. This is the first time I've ever seen him mention crypto. Normally he just talks about bad govt policies and/or good ones.

Of course, he's not hardcore libertarian. That's all the justification Juan Gault needs

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
So when is Bitcoin crashing again? That's the fun part.

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

cgi zuck looks more human and lifelike then the real thing

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

I was just thinking that zuck is the perfect champion of these 3d spaces, because his basic-rear end appearance and lifeless eyes can be perfectly rendered by even the simplest engine. He should go all the way and cut off his own legs though, imho.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

TK8325 posted:

cgi zuck looks more human and lifelike then the real thing

But still creepy. Always creepy.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Darth TNT posted:

Probably when there’s another market crash of some kind. It seems very correlated to growth tech stocks and other speculative investments. As institutional and retail investors get more or less comfortable increasing their ratio of speculative investments then bitcoin will probably follow. I don’t think the hodl cult has any real impact on prices but that’s like my opinion man.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Ah, yes, the famous Spanish cathedral of Nuestra Señora de Todos los Dildos.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Darth TNT posted:

I've been thinking the same thing. I'm burned out on Crypto Thing #3770 was a scam and all the crypto is stolen. We need something big like another price nosedive to bring back the magic.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Are the MTGOX payouts in bitcoin happening this month?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

TK8325 posted:

cgi Mii zuck looks more human and lifelike then the real thing

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

nachos posted:

Probably when there’s another market crash of some kind. It seems very correlated to growth tech stocks and other speculative investments. As institutional and retail investors get more or less comfortable increasing their ratio of speculative investments then bitcoin will probably follow. I don’t think the hodl cult has any real impact on prices but that’s like my opinion man.

Well, unlike this from https://www.smbc-comics.com/comic/boom

Which happened when we said inflation was 8.3% instead of 8.5% forecast or something for US CPI (US consumer price index/inflation), this happened last night:
https://twitter.com/financialjuice/status/1559782183321075713

Bitcoin proceeded to go up very sharply at the exact moment it was published and then drop like a rock after. It also confirms some TA magic this morning towards bearish, and nothing is clear at the moment - but whoever played the "inflation = number go up" game clearly didn't intend for the same with this last set of inflation metrics. Bitcoin has stopped going up with the market as well and is basically doing whatever the hell at this point anyway, as it stopped correlating to the dollar index (inversely) and stopped correlating to the stock market. In short, BTC is drunk right now.

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Aug 17, 2022

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

https://twitter.com/BlockbusterPlus/status/1559894262141034498

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Is zuck seriously convinced people are gonna wear VR headsets just out in the world walking around stores and poo poo? Cause goddamn so many people are gonna get robbed like that.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I can't wait to get my surgical Meta implant so Zuck can hunt me down and kill me via the metaverse

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

LifeSunDeath posted:

Is zuck seriously convinced people are gonna wear VR headsets just out in the world walking around stores and poo poo? Cause goddamn so many people are gonna get robbed like that.

I don’t think it actually involves going outside.

We’re all supposed to want to sit on our couches wearing a headset experiencing all things virtually.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Darth TNT posted:

it's gonna crash any day now

into the surface of the moon!

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/AnthonyHopkins/status/1559902995634180101

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Protocol7 posted:

I can't wait to get my surgical Meta implant so Zuck can hunt me down and kill me via the metaverse

Please, he's not planning to kill you in the metaverse, he just wants to take all your money. You know, like other ethical individuals such as Trump, Musk, Bezos.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Please, he's not planning to kill you in the metaverse, he just wants to take all your money. You know, like other ethical individuals such as Trump, Musk, Bezos.

You already signed over your assets, didn't you read the terms and conditions?

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Protocol7 posted:

You already signed over your assets, didn't you read the terms and conditions?

That's not enforceable.

Wait, why is all my money gone? :magical:

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

LifeSunDeath posted:

Lol, how do you think that this is the concept?

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

Protocol7 posted:

https://i.imgur.com/bi8FrrB.mp4

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

oh sweet jesus, lmao

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

It seems like the Metaverse is marketing itself aa what Second Life was trying to be before social media, especially Facebook, got popular and killed it. Just probably a LOT less kinky.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I know this is fake because it looks better than the actual metaverse pictures

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Somfin posted:

ghostyy is smart enough not to explicitly tie themselves to any predictions after several painful public failures, but will drop a low-resolution graph and raise their eyebrows at it meaningfully
I want to go through ghostty’s posts and pull out some of the speculative graphs from the last two years and compare the projections with the reality, but A: :effort: and B: I don’t really know how the graphs were showing “Number will go up.”

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
The eyetwitching on that Zuck metaverse thing is hilarious.. The whole thing is so insanely creepy and yet it's meant to be, the real thing is almost as creepy and completely by accident, lol.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

priznat posted:

oh sweet jesus, lmao

It’s them little moobs that really make it

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Jose Valasquez posted:

I know this is fake because it looks better than the actual metaverse pictures

I don't know how a shittily modeled Zuck manages to have more human looking eyes than the real thing, but they've done it

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

LifeSunDeath posted:

I don't think Zuck has really seriously considered how people would actually use it at all. He just is convinced they will and that Facebook (excuse me, "Meta", lol) must be the VR market leader at all costs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.
Why would I want to orient my entire life around a technology that makes me vaguely carsick?