Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

yum posted:

Gege may be using Naoya to show what happens when sorcerers turn into cursed spirits to introduce the 3 big Vengeful Spirits into the story line. They may even be Kenjaku's rumoured "bomb". The 3 big jujutsu families are most likely descended from them, with Gojo and Yuta being related to Michizane Sugawara.

Yeah it's my assumption that this is essentially being used to set up a foundation for something related to these transformations in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

yum posted:

Gege may be using Naoya to show what happens when sorcerers turn into cursed spirits to introduce the 3 big Vengeful Spirits into the story line. They may even be Kenjaku's rumoured "bomb". The 3 big jujutsu families are most likely descended from them, with Gojo and Yuta being related to Michizane Sugawara.

It would be nice if this arc had some proper antagonists instead of one who seems content with sitting on the sidelines and let things just take course.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
If any of the curses or special grade curse users he set loose come out of that barrier, it's pretty much game over for everyone. This is the part of the arc where the characters are trying to bring some order to the chaos by taking control with the rules, it was not gonna have Kenjaku enter the stage yet.

He doesn't need to do anything, he's already getting what he wanted by setting this all up and we don't even know what the true end goal other than chaos initially is, because like the other characters have said the game as is doesn't make sense with the goals Kenjaku said he wants to accomplish

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Scallop Eyes posted:

I knew Naoya's new design reminded me of something, nice catch. And yeah, this is what, the 4th or 5th long fight in a row with no breaks between? The fatigue is setting in.

both infermon and naoya’s new form are based on the pupua stage of metamorphosis! which is appropriate since his cursed spirit form was a big worm (also be prepared for butterfly naoya)

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I liked the Naoya stuff the first time and I will always love my queen Maki. I don't really care about this fight at all despite having like the idea of a Kamo and Maki fight. On one hand I'd like it just to end here but if it does it'll really have been totally pointless. Naoya becoming some catastrophe level cursed spirit would be the more interesting development but I also hate him and hope he dies. Also like people said despite liking every fight quite a bit independently I'd like to get some actual forward motion going in the arc.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I love that everywhere I go everyone seems to have decided that Naoya's title is the CEO of Misogyny.

Love watchin' Naoya get owned.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Its a zenin family institution and he was going to be the next family head

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Aug 18, 2022

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I also don’t like whenever his power shows up because it’s still one of the vaguest after all the explanations.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
raws are out, I swear gege wants to see how much sales can fall before the manga smartens up

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Wow who got naoya an account

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Wow who got naoya an account

chapter is out in like an hour and there’s bad translations out that you can find

SPOILER SPOILER I’m not even mad at naoya vs maki for once, it’s the two new characters gege introduces at the end in the middle of a loving fight that isn’t finished

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

skipmyseashells posted:

raws are out, I swear gege wants to see how much sales can fall before the manga smartens up

Are your posts about the manga over the last few pages meant to be some sort of bad joke or something like that? I honestly can't tell

Complete opposite opinion of literally every other place discussing the manga

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
haven't seen the raws but this fight has been unusually boring so far compared to the last like, year of jjk

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Imo it’s fine to be critical of a manga even in parts other people really like or vibe with. It does seem like that guy hasn’t enjoyed the manga in a long time though so should probably take a break or smthn

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

Imo it’s fine to be critical of a manga even in parts other people really like or vibe with. It does seem like that guy hasn’t enjoyed the manga in a long time though so should probably take a break or smthn

Totally fine to be critical when there's a legit issue, but saying things like this

skipmyseashells posted:

Wow maki is fighting a digimon, i hope she’s dead so her bad character finally leaves and we get itadori or megumi back

This or their other posts aren't really on the spectrum where there's a real discussion to be had

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
there’s like 7 posts a chapter in the thread and I pointed out the digimon inspiration, sorry my cursed energy is too strong

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Careful guys this many cursed energy posts may spawn a new cursed spirit poster

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

aww yiss more weirdo ancient sorcerors

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
a curse here, a curse there, a curse for he, for she, why care

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is the sumo guy a kappa?

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

The end of this chapter is some really lazy storytelling, hope that Akutami is able to tighten up the plot a bit. Maybe he wants to focus on the action for a bit to give him time to plot out the narrative?

Have we received word anywhere on how far JJK is into its story? I can't remember of many of Sukuna's fingers Yuji has eaten, like 15-20?

Tosk fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Aug 19, 2022

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i started the series with this arc and its pace is even odder after coming back from the blistering speed of the anime and the Shibuya Incident

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/4256/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-194?2022-08-19T19:0

heres the link

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:smith:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

every time a random character shows up in these fights and its not nobara i get angry

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

It's genuinely impossible to care about Pog Form Naoya. Total dead end character.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Official Chapter is out
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-194/chapter/25102?action=read

I feel bad for Noritoshi.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
noritoshi is ok but there’s so many blood users I didn’t really mind seeing his death flashback start happening after the hit

I’m also glad naoya is only making fun of Mai for not turning 18 instead of whatever the fanscans were getting at

Gege has about two chapters before I really start whining again

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

'oh he's just circulating his blood to also go outside of his body' lmfao i love this comic

could he do that to make his blood go really fast and make an infinite blood buzzsaw

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Yeah but he'd run out of juice quickly I assume.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

noritoshi buy a treadmill

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Instead of having to circulate his blood outside of his body, why does he not simply use blood bags (like Naoya even suggests lol, so apparently that's an option) and reuse that same blood.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
might have run out of bags already and this is the backup option

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
yeah he had some on him earlier in the fight

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ytlaya posted:

Instead of having to circulate his blood outside of his body, why does he not simply use blood bags (like Naoya even suggests lol, so apparently that's an option) and reuse that same blood.

He was already doing that. Guessing he ran out.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Patware posted:

'oh he's just circulating his blood to also go outside of his body' lmfao i love this comic

could he do that to make his blood go really fast and make an infinite blood buzzsaw

He's just not enough of a genius to make blood chainsaws.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I do like that unlike Choze who can afford to spam his stronger techniques because infinite blood, Noritoshi is demonstrating a different level of technical control with his blood so he's not completely redundant.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Truly didn’t expect season 2 to hit before 2023 https://twitter.com/jujutsukaisenpv/status/1561276920142102528?s=21&t=v946IGZ-dQ8laGWDJaFT6Q

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

this is just new information apparently so it's absolutely not coming until 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

After an incident with blood donation where my blood pressure suddenly plummeted and the nurses had to rush over and cover me with ice, scenes where people have blood loss are always kind of uncomfortable. It's usually portrayed as people just getting weak and/or numb, but it's actually extremely unpleasant (or at least the low blood pressure part is, but I think that comes with the territory of blood loss) - you become really nauseated, cold/clammy, and it becomes hard to move. The ice helped a lot, though they had to almost completely cover me to get it under control; I felt bad because the other donors were confused/alarmed about what was happening, but it was basically just a weird reaction (I'd donated before without problems).

Granted, if you have magical control over your blood you could probably do something like manage your own blood pressure.