Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Why didn't anyone tell me MotoGP was so good? First time watching it, well at least while paying attention, and finally caught up to Silverstone. Assen was wild. I really enjoyed binge watching the entire season so far in a week and a half.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The first time I watched MotoGP a guy head butted a seagull like 2 minutes into a race while leading, been a fan ever since.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

numberoneposter posted:

Why didn't anyone tell me MotoGP was so good? First time watching it, well at least while paying attention, and finally caught up to Silverstone. Assen was wild. I really enjoyed binge watching the entire season so far in a week and a half.

And this is a mediocre season!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

italian quid posted:

The first time I watched MotoGP a guy head butted a seagull like 2 minutes into a race while leading, been a fan ever since.

The first time I ever watched MotoGP just happened to be Catalunya 2009, I am just absolute dogshit at ever making time to watch more of it

gregbest90
Sep 12, 2017

numberoneposter posted:

Boooy are you in for a treat with some classic races...

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

gregbest90 posted:

Boooy are you in for a treat with some classic races...
Any recommendations? The website I found has them going back to 2014 without too much hassle it looks like.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

numberoneposter posted:

Any recommendations? The website I found has them going back to 2014 without too much hassle it looks like.

Sepang 2015

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

2020 was a fantastic season but I haven't rewatched it so can't say offhand if any particular races were good or if it was just the craziness of the championship

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

numberoneposter posted:

2015 season
2017 season

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

2015 in general is a great watch but make sure you watch the pre race build up in sepang, the atmosphere is just crazy.

I'm pretty fond of 2017 and 2018. You've got Dovizioso coming good and Lorenzo adapting to the Ducati then falling out. I think 2018 was the year with that crazy race at Assen which is a much watch.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Austrian GP 2021.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Austrian GP 2020 :hb:

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Dorna announcing a new race format for next year, going to WSBK style superpole/half race distance sprint races on saturdays.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

echomadman posted:

Dorna announcing a new race format for next year, going to WSBK style superpole/half race distance sprint races on saturdays.

Stupid if true

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Was inevitable but very dumb

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Countdown till someone kills themselves from burnout

40 races a year, christ

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I really dislike that racing seems to think it has to follow the baseball model of just plastering as many loving races down as possible as opposed to making a few limited number of races feel like an event, but the whole funding model is built around just pumping this poo poo out onto pay TV so it ain't gonna change

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

They had a perfectly good stable model that resulted in good races more often than not but they can't just leave it at that, have to squeeze every last drop off 'show' out of it, inevitably killing the golden goose in the long run

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
exactly, it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Bring back the IOM course to motogp racing. Whomever is left alive wins!

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Is gasgas taking over the Suzuki infrastructure for their team?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

It's literally slapping a sticker over a KTM and nothing else changes it's a very dumb glorified marketing exercise

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter
Specifically it’s the Tech3 KTM team being rebranded.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Are they taking over a team or is KTM just adding another team a la Ducati ?

I thought it was the latter...

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

SocksAndSandals posted:

former, er this is just rebranding tech3 if there's rumors about a new team I haven't seen them

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

italian quid posted:

It's literally slapping a sticker over a KTM and nothing else changes it's a very dumb glorified marketing exercise

Oh haha didn’t realize it was just a rebrand. Just you wait, husqvarna joining motogp 2024.

Kind of curious what’s going to happen to all the Suzuki physical stuff.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

SocksAndSandals posted:

It's literally just changing the team name from Tech3 KTM to GasGas Tech3. They're claiming that it's now a true factory team but they got the current spec bikes already so I don't see anything changing, the KTM factory team is always going to get priority on parts.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
What an amazing ride by Sasaki.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
:japan:
I feel sorry for Taka having to follow up those two races.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I don't hate that Chicane as much as I thought I would.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Fabio is just on another level

E: I just love the camaraderie between the riders at the end of the races. So refreshing to see this type of performance and sportsmanship going hand in hand

SocksAndSandals fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Aug 21, 2022

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

italian quid posted:

It's literally just changing the team name from Tech3 KTM to GasGas Tech3. They're claiming that it's now a true factory team but they got the current spec bikes already so I don't see anything changing, the KTM factory team is always going to get priority on parts.

Saying t3 will get factory spec bikes has been the way they've conned the last half dozen riders to go there, ktm management are pieces of poo poo.

algebra testes posted:

I don't hate that Chicane as much as I thought I would.

Fabio's move there was Rossi-esque in the way he made something out of nothing

SocksAndSandals posted:

Fabio is just on another level

E: I just love the camaraderie between the riders at the end of the races. So refreshing to see this type of performance and sportsmanship going hand in hand

Is it? It's been like this for half a decade, I'd rather see the biffo

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Absolute :master: move by Fabio in that chicane because he pulled Martin in to distract Miller so he could scoot away.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Sasaki = rider of the weekend. What a comeback
Chantra = would've taken first if he'd been allowed to, although it sounds like he didn't see the P2 board message lol
Peco = easy looking win, but man what a comeback for Fabio

New chicane is good.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Slavvy posted:

Saying t3 will get factory spec bikes has been the way they've conned the last half dozen riders to go there, ktm management are pieces of poo poo.

If I was Oliveira I'd outright tell them to gently caress off, he got screwed by them before. They seem far more interested in how the riders act and what they say about the bike than what the bike actually can do.

I do kinda wonder if there is a faction within the factory that realises that signing these sort of "Jackass all gas no brakes" style riders that can pull 1-2 results out of their rear end a year isn't going to fix the bike or put them anywhere close to winning a championship and thats why they're still trying to keep him despite treating him like complete poo poo his entire stint in MotoGP.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I think they are taking the MX approach of cycling through riders until they find one that just gets on with it and makes it happen.

I think this flows naturally from them being in total denial about how far back they are technically, and the related issue that they seem to think you can shotgun parts at the teams until something good comes out. Imo their problem is philosophical; both on a technical and human basis they're looking for one weird trick that will catapult them to the front instead of soberly looking at where they are and not dismissing rider complaints nor turning up their noses at just copying what the other brands are doing.

A salutary lesson is Ducati, who experienced a huge uptick in results when they started listening to the riders as well as swallowing their pride and just doing whatever it takes to win regardless of whose idea it was.

I think Oliveira's manager would be criminally stupid if he doesn't sign him up for RNF as soon as possible.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

quote:

Asked about rumours that a seat next year was ‘not looking great’ for him, a despondent Gardner said in Austria: “No, it’s not. You just said it.

“In MotoGP, doesn’t look like there’s anything. Not sure.”

He then finished off his answer with a scathing “KTM’s done it again”.

Lmao

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

lmfao

So if Oliveira says no... Fernandez isn't exactly a loving world beater, Acosta definitely needs another year, and I can't see anybody else in Moto2 warranting a punt other than possibly Canet on a long shot if you've suffered a severe concussion that's affected your decision making. Great job KTM 👍👍👍

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
Well Fernandez is out, by his own decision.

Its a shame as Gardner, Binder and Oliviera all deserve better imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I mean Augusto, I get the feeling Raul went full scorched earth with KTM and there's no love lost on either side of that partnership.

Smartest thing for Oliveira to do is sign with RNF and wait for Vinales to emotionally implode again so he can scoop up the factory seat.