Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

That one shot is basically as cute as ayashimon and the arts nice so whatever! The gag with the ultimate technique fish transformation into brutal execution was pretty funny. All the normal manga romance cliche stuff was boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Jerkface posted:

That one shot is basically as cute as ayashimon and the arts nice so whatever! The gag with the ultimate technique fish transformation into brutal execution was pretty funny. All the normal manga romance cliche stuff was boring.

Personally, I thought the lack of memory was one of the weakest parts of the plot. It meant that there was no real dynamic between the two leads for most of the one-shot, which made their interactions dull, and when their relationship is the main hook...

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/1562623427068166147?s=20&t=DV6-N3vpMcTZXn4WqwbCrg

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
David's done pretty good so hope they make it stylish.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

MonsterEnvy posted:

David's done pretty good so hope they make it stylish.

Yeah, here's hoping they really go all-in on the dramatic power title reveals.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hopefully they get their sound guy on that too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W44gTn6Rs8E

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
If it's that far in the future I hope they have a bit more time to work on it than Stone Ocean.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I would not be sad if they tweaked the opening of the story to make things less... egregious?

Cuz that will throw people off.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

This seems to be deleted what was it announcing? -edit Oh, I think it was Undead Unlucky

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
new manga

Looks promising. Skeleton is probably dad himself.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

IShallRiseAgain posted:

This seems to be deleted what was it announcing? -edit Oh, I think it was Undead Unlucky

It was, confirming that it's coming 2023 and will be done by David Production (Jojo, Fire Force) - not sure why the original tweet was deleted, here's an updated one from the same account:

https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/1562706768358440963?s=20&t=3nEGUeAWsWfcDZRk0rvmVw

Apparently UU is also headed into the "final stage" so yeah probably ending "soon" - I'd guess within a year or so. And yeah I agree iwth other posters, I hope they rewrite the first couple chapters slightly to remove some of the gross stuff, since that never really comes back.

CodfishCartographer fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Aug 25, 2022

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Darth TNT posted:

new manga

If they pull a MAR down the line I won't complain. First chapter got me interested.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Weird but kinda cool, I will continue to read it (if someone posts links)

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I like the skeleton thing. Nice art style, too.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Darth TNT posted:

new manga

battle music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdeZwAk6ULE

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Wish they could have fit the fight in this chapter. I know it's Shounen but seriously what's Yodomi supposed to do here?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I suspect well get the crash course on the power system/fight methods next chapter.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Akane-banashi is so good

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

SgtSteel91 posted:

Akane-banashi is so good

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Akane-banashi: In awe of the answer being 'because your dad kind of sucked'

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Yeah Akane-bashi is my own personal big three with JJK and OP, I've been waiting for this confrontation for a while and it's so good.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

CubeTheory posted:

Akane-banashi: In awe of the answer being 'because your dad kind of sucked'

This is such an amazing reveal, I love it so much, Akane-Banashi is so loving good

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The running Dr Stone gag in this week's Witch Watch was fun.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
New Superphone These two are the ones I guessed he would team up with. Glad It seems like I got a prediction right.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

MonsterEnvy posted:

New Superphone These two are the ones I guessed he would team up with. Glad It seems like I got a prediction right.

I love that these two seemingly-randos figured out who Pseudonym was before the antagonist lol.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Akane-banashi: The small, slightest implication that Akane knew all along that her dad kinda whiffed it is very good

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Akane-banashi: Of course, Issho still hasn't actually answered the question. Every other judge liked his performance, and even if it wasn't worthy of a promotion, it was no reason to expel him. That's just an excuse.

I did really like how when she first asks the question, he gets all smug 'cause he figures it's Shiguma mucking about in his business, but once Akane reveals the truth, Issho is shocked and looks down like "oh poo poo", before his expression turns grim and deadly serious.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

muscles like this! posted:

The running Dr Stone gag in this week's Witch Watch was fun.

It leading to *Science Consultant: Nobody when talking about the Shikigami is a real good joke.

donotpost
Jul 28, 2022
Aliens Area It's honestly a lot better without the battle manga stuff. Hope it sticks with this direction if it survives

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

RuBisCO posted:

Akane-banashi: The small, slightest implication that Akane knew all along that her dad kinda whiffed it is very good

Imagine taking that moment where the father renews his courage to finish his performance and turn it into a sign of weakness he even had his nerves shot to begin with. That's ballsy but also not answering the question of the expulsion.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Terper posted:

Akane-banashi: Of course, Issho still hasn't actually answered the question. Every other judge liked his performance, and even if it wasn't worthy of a promotion, it was no reason to expel him. That's just an excuse.

I did really like how when she first asks the question, he gets all smug 'cause he figures it's Shiguma mucking about in his business, but once Akane reveals the truth, Issho is shocked and looks down like "oh poo poo", before his expression turns grim and deadly serious.

I'm guessing Akane will try to keep the pressure up about getting an answer about the expulsion. I'm also wondering if Isso is going to call Akane out on joining this contest in the first place, though I'm guessing under the current context he'll understand why.

I'm still suspecting that Issho is NOT an rear end in a top hat, just a legendary and strict Rakugoka so he's earned a reputation as being a terror.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I imagine the answer is ultimately going to be that Issho has seen enough performers come and go to know that Akane's father was never going to reach that level and it was best to just cut the cord now instead of wasting his time trying over and over again.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Rip dorondororon. You were just ok.

Joe Desperado
Mar 11, 2008
Earhtchild: Ah yes, we'll use telekinesis to rip apart our entire bodies atom by atom and scatter the pieces across the entire planet. This only *might* kill us.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Rip dorondororon. You were just ok.

I fell behind by like a dozen chapters, is it worth catching up on?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

CodfishCartographer posted:

I fell behind by like a dozen chapters, is it worth catching up on?

Not really, no. I finished it because I like finishing things, but the last dozen chapters are basically the most cliff-notes version of a final arc, complete with a bunch of new characters being introduced and not doing anything meaningful or interesting.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Nahh its solidly mediocre and the last 10ish chapters absolutely reek of about-to-get-axeditis.

Honestly a shame since the author is at their best writing fun, energetic characters interacting but they keep bogging themselves down in fights and not writing enough character interaction.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

doron fell off a bit imo and it started before it was clearly cancelled. I don't anyone is missing anything interesting by skipping it

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I gave up on it once I discovered the character who was the best was apparently shuffle offscreen so welp. Nothing is lost by it dying.

Admittedly I feel the same way about JJK which I feel has gone infinitely downhill since the Shibuya Arc ended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Doron Dororon did a good enough job of doing a final arc where the author put all their ideas in and still made it cohere well, but I can't say I'd recommend reading it now. I liked it, it had heart, but it was absolutely one of those manga you read because it's in the magazine with the other manga you're reading rather than something you'd go out of your way for, at least in my eyes.