Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Probably worth noting that, other than Luffy, Robin has the largest bounty increase in the crew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

Terper posted:

Franky's portrait being the Sunny has to be setup for something. It's so bizarre.

it's a continuation of the gag where he was mad about his previous poster having general franky on it, idk if it'll do anything except set up a future gag where some marines are confused in person about it or something though?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

What an absolutely incredible chapter, just beautiful from start to finish, felt like every panel was the best.

Sanji being utterly despondent in spite of the fact he now has a billion+ bounty :allears:

Bleck posted:

Probably worth noting that, other than Luffy, Robin has the largest bounty increase in the crew.

:actually: Chopper's went up 10 fold!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

lih posted:

it's a continuation of the gag where he was mad about his previous poster having general franky on it, idk if it'll do anything except set up a future gag where some marines are confused in person about it or something though?

Yeah but at least you can arrive at the idea of how that happened with General Franky! How the heck did they end up thinking he's the boat? To be clear I'm not saying it's setting up anything big, but hell Duval's a character who will probably fight with/be part of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet in the final war.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

drat, can't believe Dragon does not support the death of monarchs. What a loser!

Anyway, interesting that sounds like this whole Marine hunting thing was apparently Mihawk's deal before he became a Warlord. And I real like that his old moniker was Marine Hunter. Cool reverse of Zoro being the Pirate Hunter.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

lih posted:

one of the blackbeard pirates is going to recognize the sunny and think its a commander and start to fight it. this causes franky to defend it while also using the sunny to fight.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Chapter ruled

-Strawhat hijnx
-Nami CoC confirmed
-New Bounties
-Instant answers re: Cross Guild
-Buggy
-Mihawk
-Crocodile :swoon:
-Dragon
-Koala
-Killer cliffhanger

One Piece ............. is good.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Bleck posted:

If the bounties system worked with any logic Robin would have the largest bounty of the entire crew by far save MAYBE Luffy and it is bullshit she doesn't

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

RuBisCO posted:

If the bounties system worked with any logic Robin would have the largest bounty of the entire crew by far save MAYBE Luffy and it is bullshit she doesn't

I think the logic is that the World Government don't want to draw too much attention on how dangerous Nico Robin really is, because of her ability to read poneglyphs, and that's why her bounty isn't that big, relatively speaking. But to be fair, I don't think this is mentioned explicitly in the story.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Strelok604 posted:

it still feels like there's something more to Mihawk than we know what with how they immediately jumped to giving him a higher bounty than Luffy or Blackbeard. I feel like his parentage or something about his past is yet to be revealed

Mihawk's called the "Marine Hunter" probably cause he went around cutting up Marines, I don't think it's strange to think that cops would consider pig butchers a higher threat than someone who kills civilians.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

drat, can't believe Dragon does not support the death of monarchs. What a loser!

I thought that was interesting, especially since Cobra seemed pretty anti-Dragon in Vivi's flashback to a previous Levely. Does Dragon have some kind of master plan that revolves around Cobra being alive? I feel like there's got to be some reason for Dragon's reaction beyond "Robin says Cobra is a cool guy."

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

We are going to finish this series without ever learning Dragon's deal, money on table.

We're also going to end with Buggy being publicly acknowledged as the Pirate King, as is correct

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think we'll learn his deal.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Silver2195 posted:

I thought that was interesting, especially since Cobra seemed pretty anti-Dragon in Vivi's flashback to a previous Levely. Does Dragon have some kind of master plan that revolves around Cobra being alive? I feel like there's got to be some reason for Dragon's reaction beyond "Robin says Cobra is a cool guy."

Cobra is one of the kings who actually gives a poo poo about his people; the rebellion in Alabasta was the result of Croc's years-long manipulation and undermining of the kingdom. And even after being crucified with stakes as big as his head Cobra still helped rescue Luffy after Luffy beat Crocodile and put himself on the front lines to bring an end to the rebellion.

Cobra might be anti-Dragon because Dragon is a dangerous revolutionary, but that doesn't mean Dragon is necessarily anti-Cobra.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
the arabasta royal family are also the only ones who didn't move to mary geoise after founding the world government, there's some major significance there & it wouldn't be unusual if dragon were to know some stuff there. i think dragon knowing from robin that cobra is a decent guy who could even be a potential ally in the future would go a long way too

i hope vivi is with sabo rather than having been taken by im to be a damsel in distress

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
So pretty much Crocodile was supposed to be the Emperor, but everything got messed up because Buggy's minions made him look like the boss. Also it's great that Crocodile the biggest villain of early One Piece looks to be taking a big role in the final saga.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Crocodile and Mihawk, edgelord BFFs :3:

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
One piece good

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

This is the story of how Buggy The Clown became the Pirate King

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

still reeling over the fact that Jimbei is over Sanji. Not that I'm upset, just very surprised

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

mabels big day posted:

still reeling over the fact that Jimbei is over Sanji. Not that I'm upset, just very surprised
Sanji was fourth after Enies Lobby (Luffy > Zoro > Robin > Sanji)

Sanji was fourth after the timeskip (Luffy > Zoro > Robin > Sanji)

Sanji was fourth after Dressrosa (Luffy > Zoro > Usopp > Sanji

Only time he wasn’t number 4 was after his own arc lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

jimbeis the only member of the straw hats besides luffy who was at impel down/marineford, and going by croc's massive bounty increase and buggy's rise to stardom, they took the impel down breakout extremely seriously. heck, he personally squared up to akainu at the end of marineford. makes sense his bounty would be higher than sanji's.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Now that's some good old fashioned One Piece. :allears:

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
God, what a great chapter. lol that firing Mihawk was literally the worst thing the Navy could have done. Did I miss Perona, or was she not in this chapter?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

good ch

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Last Celebration posted:

God, what a great chapter. lol that firing Mihawk was literally the worst thing the Navy could have done. Did I miss Perona, or was she not in this chapter?

Oh my God if Perona and Buggy start interacting :vince:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Last Celebration posted:

shed already left to go find moriah when the marines turned on the warlords. so odds are shes heading towards blackbeard? or might even be with him, if moriah took his offer

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Last Celebration posted:

She bounced to go see Moria a hundred or two chapters ago

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

lih posted:

It's Franky. Consider - what are the odds that he built in the potential for the General Franky and the Sunny to be able to combine?

This is foreshadowing the fact that Franky's final powerup in the last arc will be Tengen Toppa General Franky using the Sunny's hidden transformation powers to make a larger mech. There is no way the guy who secretly wants to write a mech anime isn't going to do this.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Interesting detail about all of Buggy's giants leaving at once. Seems like Elbaf setup, with presumably all the giants heading back to combat some threat to their homeland.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Amante posted:

Interesting detail about all of Buggy's giants leaving at once. Seems like Elbaf setup, with presumably all the giants heading back to combat some threat to their homeland.

they all joined luffy's armada

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

rod bless the monster trio (luffy zoro jinbe) rod bless the goated king oda

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

For some twisted reason I really enjoyed all the discussion of pirate-financing in this chapter. I'd like more chapters of Crocodile trying to turn Cross Guild into a profitable business. A few more hostile takeovers and acquisitions (Crimin? Doskoi Panda?), investing in Shandoran gold, offering fiat investment scams to pirates, selling dodgy Water-7 timeshares, etc.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Cross Guild bounties are paid out in Buggycoin

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3919241&pagenumber=654&perpage=40#post524070888 Glad to have nailed brook and ussop's bounties and got to within $100 mil of nami and franky. uh, that's all i was relatively accurate on, didn't think oda would carry on the chopper joke bounty and severely underestimated robin's threat to the govt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cat Machine posted:

She bounced to go see Moria a hundred or two chapters ago

I assumed she came running back in crying and hugged Mihawk, saying his touching goodbye truly reached her and she decided to stay, all while he stood completely still, face impassive as he explained repeatedly that he would prefer she leave, which she either ignored or pouted about but then dismissed. You can't prove it didn't happen!