Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I hope we get to see Perona negative-ize Blackbeard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Emptee Bluffs Island :allears:

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Scholtz posted:

I hope we get to see Perona negative-ize Blackbeard
One of his twin fetuses will absorb the negativity, leaving Parasitic Blackbeard unaffected.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Yep, this chapter was everything I could have hoped for!

Bisse posted:

One of his twin fetuses will absorb the negativity, leaving Parasitic Blackbeard unaffected.
Blackbeard's whole thing is being really susceptible to damage but things somehow work out for him anyway. I can't imagine him being immune to any kind of attack, regardless of how many fetus twins he has.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Terper posted:

Yeah but at least you can arrive at the idea of how that happened with General Franky! How the heck did they end up thinking he's the boat? To be clear I'm not saying it's setting up anything big, but hell Duval's a character who will probably fight with/be part of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet in the final war.

it's all just a big misunderstanding; the Marine in charge of bounties said "Franky? Well, he's the ship, right!"

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Blackbeard is a dude who spent like thirty years on Whitebeard’s crew as a flunky despite being by all accounts strong as heck waiting for one specific fruit, no way that dudes not negative.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Bisse posted:

Emptee Bluffs Island :allears:

:lmao: I missed this the first time

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Good pallet cleanser of a chapter, Oda is great at writing comedy. Emperor Luffy being introduced beaten up by his navigator and shoved in a cage... perfect.

Also Nami has conquerors Haki? Sure why not.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
It was a joke, but people are so poisoned on the idea that black lightning effect=conquerors haki that they actually earnestly believe it

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It can be a joke and also real that's like One Piece 101. It'd also, imo, own.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Julias posted:

It was a joke, but people are so poisoned on the idea that black lightning effect=conquerors haki that they actually earnestly believe it

...was it tho? could go either way, imo. Personally I'm cool with it eitherway, but it's funny if Nami has it but can only activate it when pissed off.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Amazing chapter. New bounties, Jimbei crew interactions, learning what’s going on with Buggy’s crew, great stuff. Interesting that the revolutionaries also don’t know what the deal with Sabo is.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Also I feel real bad for Buggy, not only Alvida and Mr. 3, but also his own lieutenants went "oh yeah guess we'll work for Crocodile now when he kills the boss" ahahahahahahaha

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

In contrast, it's funny how his random goons seem to adore him.

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019
Kuma :(

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Mihawk's called the "Marine Hunter" probably cause he went around cutting up Marines, I don't think it's strange to think that cops would consider pig butchers a higher threat than someone who kills civilians.

I do wonder if it's because he's the kind of guy who would sink several Marine Battleships while looking to duel with a strong swordsman like Issho

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

This is just setting up Buggy for his glorious power up and he beats up these bullies

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

With regards to Mihawk's bounty: he's always been presented as Shanks' rival and a superior combatant. He may have only been a Shichibukai, but he's always been on a Yonkou level when it comes to pure combat ability. At least that's the impression I've always had. The only reason he wasn't a Yonkou before is that he couldn't be bothered to do anything but study the blade. Now that he's got Buggy and Crocodile to handle the logistics of running a pirate empire, he's instantly as threatening, if not more threatening, as Shanks is as a Yonkou. His bounty appropriately reflects that, even if Buggy gets the actual title.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Eggplant Squire posted:

This is just setting up Buggy for his glorious power up and he beats up these bullies
My guess would be that Buggy is eventually going to pull off some bluff so insane that even Croc and Mihawk become respectful of him. Probably something involving his relationship with Shanks - I wouldn't be surprised if he somehow ends up taking the credit for beating him. He's following almost exactly the same arc as King from One Punch Man lol

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Cat Machine posted:

My guess would be that Buggy is eventually going to pull off some bluff so insane that even Croc and Mihawk become respectful of him. Probably something involving his relationship with Shanks - I wouldn't be surprised if he somehow ends up taking the credit for beating him. He's following almost exactly the same arc as King from One Punch Man lol

Buggy's arc through this comic as one of the earliest threats to now is so great

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Eiba posted:

With regards to Mihawk's bounty: he's always been presented as Shanks' rival and a superior combatant. He may have only been a Shichibukai, but he's always been on a Yonkou level when it comes to pure combat ability. At least that's the impression I've always had. The only reason he wasn't a Yonkou before is that he couldn't be bothered to do anything but study the blade. Now that he's got Buggy and Crocodile to handle the logistics of running a pirate empire, he's instantly as threatening, if not more threatening, as Shanks is as a Yonkou. His bounty appropriately reflects that, even if Buggy gets the actual title.

Id say sure yeah mihawk might just edge out shanks in a straight fight but its been implied thats shanks ability and strength as an emperor is also very much tied to his crew.

Like how Whitebeard was the strongest human but what made him an emperor was his massive, highly loyal fleet composed of strong people in their own right.

Otoh this does imply mihawk has been severely holding back. Cant wait so see him go full on sicko mode

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
lmfaooo

God I love you Buggy. You keep failing upwards.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Eggplant Squire posted:

Buggy's arc through this comic as one of the earliest threats to now is so great

his power arc bein a flat line while his bounty shoots off into the sky is incredible. god bless you buggy the clown

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Sucks that Mr 3 and friends have backstabbed our boy Buggy, but soon they'll be begging for forgiveness, clowns always get the last laugh.

Crosspeice fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Aug 26, 2022

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Blessed chapter. The next five years going to be so so good.

EDIT:
As someone who's crazy about Impel down I love that the entire breakout crew is in this chapter and is important to the story. This is my age!

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Aug 26, 2022

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Ya'll are making me extremely excited to read this chapter on Sunday.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
buggy crying with mihawk and croc on his sides reminded me of the ‘wings of the pirate king’ speech

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Rody One Half posted:

We are going to finish this series without ever learning Dragon's deal, money on table.

We're also going to end with Buggy being publicly acknowledged as the Pirate King, as is correct

Buggy will not be pirate king because he's going to wind up being King of the World.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Fungah! posted:

his power arc bein a flat line while his bounty shoots off into the sky is incredible. god bless you buggy the clown

Hey, Buggy had a decent power boost between East Blue and Impel Down. Remember the Muggy Ball?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Caidin posted:

Buggy will not be pirate king because he's going to wind up being King of the World.

I mean when the evil world government is toppled there's going to need to be a new government right?

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Star Platinum posted:

Hey, Buggy had a decent power boost between East Blue and Impel Down. Remember the Muggy Ball?
No.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

No Wave posted:

As someone who's crazy about Impel down I love that the entire breakout crew is in this chapter and is important to the story. This is my age!

Bentham :c

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

Tolth posted:

It's Franky. Consider - what are the odds that he built in the potential for the General Franky and the Sunny to be able to combine?

This is foreshadowing the fact that Franky's final powerup in the last arc will be Tengen Toppa General Franky using the Sunny's hidden transformation powers to make a larger mech. There is no way the guy who secretly wants to write a mech anime isn't going to do this.

Yeah this is very obviously a setup for him to fully lean into the Battleship Franky naming scheme and make himself the Sunny. BF-39 is gonna rule.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Eggplant Squire posted:

I mean when the evil world government is toppled there's going to need to be a new government right?
A bicameral legislature, the house of Down Ninjas and the house of Juggalo Elders.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Crocodile and Mihawk are the perfect foils for Buggy I never could've imagined they'd interact to this level when they were first introduced

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bleck posted:

Bentham :c
Still running the Newkama Land.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I hope Buggy realizes that Mihawk is like the one super powered guy he is a direct counter to since he's immune to slashing damage

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Angry One Piece fans after one amazing Buggy chapter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Plutonis posted:

Still running the Newkama Land.

Yeah but I want to see