Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

GASLIGHT

GATEKEEP

FISHBOSS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Eggplant Squire posted:

I hope Buggy realizes that Mihawk is like the one super powered guy he is a direct counter to since he's immune to slashing damage

i assume even if armament haki doesn’t work he’s smart enough to just, you know, smack him with the back of his giant anime sword to break all his limbs if Buggy tries starting some poo poo.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Last Celebration posted:

i assume even if armament haki doesn’t work he’s smart enough to just, you know, smack him with the back of his giant anime sword to break all his limbs if Buggy tries starting some poo poo.

In theory Buggy is immune to all physical attacks, slashing or otherwise as long as he splits his body exactly at the points where he was going to be hit. Question is whether he's grown strong/skilled enough to be able to do that.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

blizzardvizard posted:

In theory Buggy is immune to all physical attacks, slashing or otherwise as long as he splits his body exactly at the points where he was going to be hit. Question is whether he's grown strong/skilled enough to be able to do that.

The real test of his limits would be Crocodile. Can he split himself fast enough and small enough to avoid millions of grains of sand?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Holy poo poo, on top of being fourth, did they Duvalize his bounty photo AGAIN???

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
How the heck did Mihawk go from being a "marine hunter" to working for the marines??

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Fecha posted:

How the heck did Mihawk go from being a "marine hunter" to working for the marines??

They probably harassed him a long time ago, he beat em up so he could have peace and quiet. Eventually he tried to join them to stop the harassment. Then things fell apart, and how he's being harassed again.

There's a better than 0% chance this is what happened.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Shinjobi posted:

They probably harassed him a long time ago, he beat em up so he could have peace and quiet. Eventually he tried to join them to stop the harassment. Then things fell apart, and how he's being harassed again.

There's a better than 0% chance this is what happened.
I buy it, and it also aligns, since Mihawk's entire life through the span of the story is being bored and getting annoyed by people

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Marluxia posted:

Holy poo poo, on top of being fourth, did they Duvalize his bounty photo AGAIN???

doesnt say vinsmoke either it looks like

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Eggplant Squire posted:

I hope Buggy realizes that Mihawk is like the one super powered guy he is a direct counter to since he's immune to slashing damage

they “fought” already at marie jois. iirc buggy’s power protected him from mihawk’s swing but not the follow-up blast of wind

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Marluxia posted:

What were they supposed to do? He was invisible.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Fecha posted:

How did Zoro go from being the Pirate Hunter to being a pirate?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

they “fought” already at marie jois. iirc buggy’s power protected him from mihawk’s swing but not the follow-up blast of wind

It went like Mihawk tries to cut him, fails. Buggy chucks a buggy bomb at him which Mihawk casually bunts back at him with the flat of his sword. Buggy explodes.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Oxxidation posted:

Alas :negative:

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

mdct posted:

How did Zoro go from being the Pirate Hunter to being a pirate?
tbf we know that one

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Yo ho ho he took a bite of onigiri with sugar instead of salt in it

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.
I just realized that Nami would be a really bad fight for Crocodile.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I don’t think Mihawk is quite Yonko level, he says as much at Marineford(unless he’s become much stronger in the 3 years since). He’s a better swordsman than Shanks, so presumably Shanks wouldn’t be able to win just using sword ability but once he busts out the Haki bullshit Mihawk would lose. But yeah he’s definitely admiral level, which combined with his unpredictability makes him a huge threat to the marines.

Also I like that the marines recognize that Chopper is the doctor but still think he’s a pet.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

side_burned posted:

I just realized that Nami would be a really bad fight for Crocodile.

Not really Crocodile can dry up rain.

Remalle
Feb 12, 2020

Will Luffy get a 10th Commander to balance out Blackbeard's 10 Titanic Captains?

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Remalle posted:

Will Luffy get a 10th Commander to balance out Blackbeard's 10 Titanic Captains?

Nothing is guaranteed but this seems pretty likely. Oda specified at some point that when Luffy said he wanted 10 Crew at the start he wasn't including himself so there's still one more spot. If Yamato and Carrot are out, my money is on Vivi now that she's relevant again but who knows.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Remalle posted:

It certainly seemed poised to happen!

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Not really Crocodile can dry up rain.

I mean, yes, but the fact that he'd have to put so much effort into staying dry lets her set up a bunch of other extremely unpleasant things to do to him. Wind manipulation should be pretty good for ruining his day, too.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

I mean, yes, but the fact that he'd have to put so much effort into staying dry lets her set up a bunch of other extremely unpleasant things to do to him. Wind manipulation should be pretty good for ruining his day, too.

Also, she can zap him with electricity to turn him to glass.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

Darth Walrus posted:

it would be like the cracker fight where he has to stop a bunch of rain but now she can spam lightning bolts like rooftop big mom

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I will say a good thing about the Big Hat, except not actually about it but Im. I take solace that Im and whatever is actually going on with Marejois (there's the theory that the Redline is artificial and used to be a bunch of actual islands before the Void Century, and the three weapons are needed to destroy it and create the All Blue, which sounds crazy but hey) is, hopefully, going to keep Blackbeard from being the final boss because boy he's lame.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

wtf........

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Two for two with the bad takes, there, Rody.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Blackbeard is a character Oda has spent literal decades hyping up who is nonetheless like, sub-Doflamingo in interest level. He's not the worst major antagonist that's probably... Hody I guess, and there's always a chance Oda will actually make him interesting in the actual Blackbeard Arc, but as it stands he's very bland. Even his crew is more interesting if only because of designs.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Blackbeard is cool, and my friend.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
we barely know anything about Blackbeard and he’s still the ultimate foil to luffy

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

'peoples dreams never end' already makes him more interesting than kaido

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Anyway, all that said, there's no need to worry that much

Because the plan is working

Trust the plan

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

It’s Yamato tho. He’s the next in line, he pretty much said so

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Darth Walrus posted:

He can just create a moisture draining sand storm and the fight is over. Guy is one of the most influential pirates in the world, I doubt Nami could handle him.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

We haven't gotten much of Blackbeard, but he's still pretty interesting. Has the same dream as Luffy, but has no moral compass and is interested soley in power. Whereas Luffy is out for the adventure and serendipity, Blackbeard sought out his fruit. Whereas Luffy found a cool skeleton and invited it to the crew, BB invited big bads from the prison riot based on their strength alone.

Rody One Half posted:

Anyway, all that said, there's no need to worry that much

Because the plan is working

Trust the plan

Do wonder how this reconciles with Luffy wanting that slot tho. Does he become Pirate King and immediately give up the mantle cause he'd been there and done that? Who's to say.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

The World Inferno posted:

We haven't gotten much of Blackbeard, but he's still pretty interesting. Has the same dream as Luffy, but has no moral compass and is interested soley in power. Whereas Luffy is out for the adventure and serendipity, Blackbeard sought out his fruit. Whereas Luffy found a cool skeleton and invited it to the crew, BB invited big bads from the prison riot based on their strength alone.

Do wonder how this reconciles with Luffy wanting that slot tho. Does he become Pirate King and immediately give up the mantle cause he'd been there and done that? Who's to say.

buggy gets the dogshit beat out of him again

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

He can just create a moisture draining sand storm and the fight is over. Guy is one of the most influential pirates in the world, I doubt Nami could handle him.

Oh, current Crocodile would defeat Nami easily, obviously. But I think current Nami would defeat Arabasta Crocodile easily.

And Blackbeard is interesting because there's a lot of mysteries surrounding him, but also enough established characterization to make us care about the mysteries. He's not a complete cipher like Imu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Did I miss something somewhere or is Robo-Kuma actually working with Dragon a known thing? Because that surprised the hell out of me.