Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I don't think he is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
I definitely took it as Kuma being 'programmed' to serve whoever he's around. He was handed off between World Nobles, after all.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It's going to turn out that most of buggy's crew actually figured out he was weak a long time ago, But keep following him anyway just because they like him as a boss

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro
Yeah okay now THAT was some good rear end One Piece.

Just an incredible amount of 10/10 faces and panels in this chapter lmao

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Fecha posted:

I definitely took it as Kuma being 'programmed' to serve whoever he's around. He was handed off between World Nobles, after all.

Yeah, that's how I interpreted it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Fecha posted:

100% this

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
empty bluffs island is an excellent joke lol

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Rody One Half posted:

We are going to finish this series without ever learning Dragon's deal, money on table.

if you are being serious here i would be happy to take this bet. i currently have another $100 riding on "if we will see the flashback to luffy and yamato's conversation", so apparently i just love gambling on one piece

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Nuebot posted:

Did I miss something somewhere or is Robo-Kuma actually working with Dragon a known thing? Because that surprised the hell out of me.

the revolutionaries rescued him during reverie. and now he's a robot man ready to serve

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I think the idea of that scene was that robokuma is still braindead.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
(a 900 berry increase)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Silver2195 posted:

Oh, current Crocodile would defeat Nami easily, obviously. But I think current Nami would defeat Arabasta Crocodile easily.

And Blackbeard is interesting because there's a lot of mysteries surrounding him, but also enough established characterization to make us care about the mysteries. He's not a complete cipher like Imu.

I don’t get how.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

I wonder if Mr. 1 is still bitter about getting easily chumped by Mihawk during Marineford

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

I wonder if Mr. 1 is still bitter about getting easily chumped by Mihawk during Marineford

Probably not. Heck I would not be surprised if Bonez took the new working relationship with Mihawk as a way to train himself like Zoro did. What better way to improve the steel of your body than by testing it against the worlds best Swordsmaster

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

I don’t get how.

Again, she doesn't even need to use water. She has electricity to turn him to glass.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

BTW I wonder if Croc and Mr. 1 finally learned to use Haki during the timeskip since that iirc was what stopped him from going into the New World

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the crew will never go to elbaf because all luffy remembers about little garden is that there were giants and some guy tried to kill them, ergo that must be the island of the giants, ergo theyve already been to elbaf.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Plutonis posted:

BTW I wonder if Croc and Mr. 1 finally learned to use Haki during the timeskip since that iirc was what stopped him from going into the New World

i can’t imagine they hasn’t learned it by now, haki seems to manifest when someone pushes themselves hard enough even without training specifically to use it, even ignoring Conquerer’s Haki (Zoro’s Ryou in Alabasta, Usopp’s Observation Haki in Dressrosa, Coby’s Observation Haki in Marineford). Being able to make a shiny metallic fist is basically the baseline expectation of a billion beri bounty and their first mates.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Endorph posted:

the crew will never go to elbaf because all luffy remembers about little garden is that there were giants and some guy tried to kill them, ergo that must be the island of the giants, ergo theyve already been to elbaf.

:hmmyes:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

actually, was mr. 1 in that chapter anywhere?

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Fecha posted:

That's the simplest and most likely explanation, but what if Kuma said that to Dragon because he recognized Dragon to be part of the Celestial Dragon because his mother was one? :tinfoil:

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Endorph posted:

i think he’s in the shot of Crocodile going ham on the navy for his Buggy money

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Last Celebration posted:

i think he’s in the shot of Crocodile going ham on the navy for his Buggy money
oh, yeah, so he is. and you can spot him with buggy's original crew and alvida in one of the shots of mihawk and croc threatening buggy, too.

Sundayturks
May 31, 2011

You were expecting...Sandy Claws?

Fun Shoe

Endorph posted:

Yep

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Also one more shot of just his legs

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

funny to think that mr. 1 is probably the third strongest guy in the crew of an emperor.

actually, its also funny to realize that the reason buggy's specifically afraid of crocodile is because mihawk and mr. 1 couldnt do jack to him

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Endorph posted:

funny to think that mr. 1 is probably the third strongest guy in the crew of an emperor.

actually, its also funny to realize that the reason buggy's specifically afraid of crocodile is because mihawk and mr. 1 couldnt do jack to him

I've heard this expressed before and never got it because all Mihawk has to do is rotate his sword grip like 90 degrees to use the broad side, or Mr. 1 just has to fist him raw. Not like Buggy is especially hardy.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

honestly buggy does seem especially hardy, he never seemed that out of sorts in the heat and cold of impel down, and he basically walked off a direct hit from the bomb mihawk hit back at him. you can put some of that down to comedic license but still, basically the only thing hes good at is not dying.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Endorph posted:

honestly buggy does seem especially hardy, he never seemed that out of sorts in the heat and cold of impel down, and he basically walked off a direct hit from the bomb mihawk hit back at him. you can put some of that down to comedic license but still, basically the only thing hes good at is not dying.

"He's like the cucaracha, born survivor"

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I love you Buggy I love you Crocodile I love you Ivankov

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Buggy is the Ussop of his own crew

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Technically Buggy could be able to avoid even blunt damage if he was good enough with his fruit. Get good enough at splitting and he could avoid damage like Crocodile, but without the water weakness.

However,

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Even if he's weak, Buggy grew up in the crew of some of the strongest guys around, so he can definitely take a hit.

Gotta be good at resisting Conqueror's Haki too, else he'd have spent his entire time on the Oro Jackson unconscious.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Terper posted:

Technically Buggy could be able to avoid even blunt damage if he was good enough with his fruit. Get good enough at splitting and he could avoid damage like Crocodile, but without the water weakness.

However,

it would be extremely funny if through extreme cowardice abd fear at being tragically in over his head he learned Ultra Instinct, so I’m 50/50 on whether or not that’s what’s gonna go down

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Even if he's weak, Buggy grew up in the crew of some of the strongest guys around, so he can definitely take a hit.

Gotta be good at resisting Conqueror's Haki too, else he'd have spent his entire time on the Oro Jackson unconscious.

Wasn't he knocked out by Shanks' CH? at Marinehord?

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Excellent chapter to start the thread.

best panel:

Sub Harrison fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Aug 27, 2022

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Remember that one SBS that said that if Crocodile's bounty wasn't frozen it'd be double? HA

Also, I wonder how many billions Enel would be worth if he were in this part of the story.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Mraagvpeine posted:

Remember that one SBS that said that if Crocodile's bounty wasn't frozen it'd be double? HA

Also, I wonder how many billions Enel would be worth if he were in this part of the story.

I'm pretty sure he got a bit of a boost by partnering with an Emperor and using his underworld connections to finance hits on the Navy. It wouldn't be that high if he was just a guy with a strong ability.

Enel would only get a crazy bounty if he did something really destabilizing to the World Government, like getting people to believe he was God and declaring a religious war against the Celestial Dragons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Plutonis posted:

He covers his hook in armament haki when threatening Buggy in a small panel during the latest chapter