Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
hmmmm
1st Gen
2nd Gen
3rd Gen
Goku
View Results

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
So good 🫰

And Queen of Hearts woooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Queen of Hearts is like Twice pop rock and it owns.

[edit] Talk that talk is just so breezy and an easy listen. Really great track.

teagone fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Aug 26, 2022

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Basics is my fave track

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

this is what the QR code at the end of the MV links to, which was the Instagram post where they announced their fandom name :3: here's the rest

quote:

QR Codes in MV

151020 - 1st release of album

170217 - 1st tour

160505 - 1st win

171014 - 1st fanmeeting

151103 - 1st post in ig bout fandom name 'once'

They sampled Do it Again in Basics. Lots of great little easter eggs in here.

This is also already their first million selling album, which puts them over 10m total.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Aug 26, 2022

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Paperback Writer posted:

Basics is my fave track

Yeah, Basics is really good. I'm pretty fond of Trouble, Gone, and When We Were Kids. Whole album is solid though.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

hell yeah. owns.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Cavauro posted:

in the new video mina has a pink chrome gun for shooting.

:lol:

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

Just popping in to say Twice are sooooo drat good

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
they're

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Gone is SOTY for me. What a song. Jihyo hits a new highest note belt in that last chorus too, a F5. She hit an F# for a split second in Just Be Yourself but it was more of a grace note, she belts the hell out of that note in Gone.

EDIT: She hits that high F# a few times in Queen of Hearts too. She's been putting in some serious technique work and sounds great.

Nayeon has made some changes to her voice too, noticeably less nasally ever since her solo. It's awesome to see them working that hard even at this point in their career.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Aug 26, 2022

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Finally, armed dubu

Love the single. I'm a sucker for Sana in the chorus. Her voice is one of my favorite things.

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

Another great Twice album full of new sounds for the group. Love me some dark Twice and Gone is superb.

They have such crazy output across their Japanese and Korean (and English now!) discography, and dunno if it's just being in the cult of Twice but so many of that is actually excellent. Super high hit rate for me and the last few albums in particular have just about 100% made my playlist.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
love Twice

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Hortism posted:

Another great Twice album full of new sounds for the group. Love me some dark Twice and Gone is superb.

They have such crazy output across their Japanese and Korean (and English now!) discography, and dunno if it's just being in the cult of Twice but so many of that is actually excellent. Super high hit rate for me and the last few albums in particular have just about 100% made my playlist.

I come and go for how much I'm into Twice, but they're pretty consistent in both output and quality. They have also made an obvious effort to progress their sound while holding onto a solid "feel" for it and even when they're releasing songs following the general trend they don't sound like they're chasing it. Like you listen to this track and its clearly Twice, but doesn't sound like something they'd have put out 6 years ago. In some ways they experiment more than the other big label groups and in other ways less - you see them changing but its pretty rare that its a surprising change.

Talk that Talk is good, though it feels a touch short to me like I'm expecting another refrain? Feels like it ends a bit abruptly, but not in a way that feels real intentional like Hwaa. Haven't gone through the whole album yet but nothings been a miss yet on it.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Hortism posted:

As someone who doesn't really listen to kpop much anymore and has only become a fan of Twice in the last year I would definitely agree. Having slowly gone back over their discography over the last year, their past 3 years of output especially stand out to me as being very good.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Twice has been on a GOAT run ever since Fancy You - EP.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Deciding to do a deep dive into Twice's discography last year was one of the best descisions I ever made. Everything I listened to was just bop after bop, lmao. They became my favorite kpop artist so fast.

[edit] I'm finally starting my Loona run after digging that collab stage with Sully and Kyujin from KCON :allears:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

teagone posted:

[edit] I'm finally starting my Loona run after digging that collab stage with Sully and Kyujin from KCON :allears:

highly recommend watching all the MV's in order!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPYX2y4NzTU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLBwYs5_538

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Well Satbyeol and Ella have both left Allart/Pixy, the press release said for health, the burden of performance schedules, and personal reasons. Hope the rest of the girls can continue strong. They were my favorite members since the first time I heard Wings too. Really sucks.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Whaaaat, the lead vocalist and rapper? Holy poo poo that sucks

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Ador/HYBE put out a 2500 word doozy of a statement regarding New Jeans Cookie

https://ador.world/en/index.html

quote:

To be sure, we consulted with English professors, professional interpreters, translators and native speakers about this issue, who suggested it isn’t a commonplace interpretation and one they had to look up as they were unfamiliar with it themselves. The common thread in all of their opinions was that it’s very problematic to put total confidence into any one interpretation, that a person’s understanding relies on a mix of objective facts and personal experience, and that this must all be considered together in a wider context. They added that the word “cookie” is also not a commonly used slang term for anything sexual and therefore not a problematic word itself, but that any listener could take the word to mean something different depending on their personal experience and exposure to certain slang meanings.

Considering how common it is to use friendly and familiar imagery like a cookie even in content targeted toward the youngest children, it would be nonsensical, for example, to stir up controversy over the American tradition of Girl Scouts knocking on strangers’ doors to sell their cookies, or the flyers reading, “Get your Girl Scout Cookies before it’s too late! Ask my daughter today.”

talk about some grade A bullshit and deflection

quote:

In contrast to the emphasis on choreography in “Hype Boy,” “Cookie” is consciously focused on the music. The song revolves around the paired idea of burning CDs and baking cookies, which share the same conceptual verb in Korean

emphasis isn't on the choreo, but it's the only MV of the three that is purely a dance performance with this?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Oh come on you missed the best part

quote:

After this issue arose, we took it upon ourselves to research different slang terms, finding there exist wildly different and unexpected meanings for everyday words like cake, biscuit and rice, strawberry, melon, and more. If someone wants to stir up controversy, then, it isn’t any specific words that’s problematic but any words they choose to target at all. Importantly, words take on entirely different informal meanings in the context of different cultures, places, and at different times in history, so judging how suitable any one word is is ambiguous at best. Considering that, it’s difficult for any song lyrics to ever be free from disputes. Rather than mention any of the readily available examples and risk offending anyone, consider this scenario provided by a native English-speaking professional translator:
“If an English song had the line, ‘Hey little puppy, eat this taffy, yum,’ and someone wanted to read it literally into Korean slang—which would basically say, ‘Hey you s**thead, go f**k yourself’—what should we do about a viewpoint like that?”

I want to see their food-to-body part slang-by-country database now, I’m sure that will serve them well in the future.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTmMHPAXLkk

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Bottom Liner posted:

highly recommend watching all the MV's in order!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPYX2y4NzTU

Yep! Working my way through their MV playlist :haw:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Loona down to 7 members tonight and Yeojin feinted on stage. Mexico City elevation + fatigue and no time to acclimate is a recipe for disaster and I'm surprised more girls didn't sit out. A first world tour should be a highlight of your career and not whatever this shitshow has become.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Aug 29, 2022

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dD-Mkfuxlk
badass performance tho

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Blockberry creative should probably just cancel the european leg and let them all lie in bed for a month instead, but that won't happen and they're probably being lectured by the agency on how it's their fault for not looking after themselves

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

WONHO mv that looks like it was done in collaboration with another label or something? Its not on his channel, and features very conservative clothing choices. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCWSFWq7S7s

As usual a solid song.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Centusin posted:

Blockberry creative should probably just cancel the european leg and let them all lie in bed for a month instead, but that won't happen and they're probably being lectured by the agency on how it's their fault for not looking after themselves

Yeeeeeah. They had 4 members out, Haseul in a sling/sitting most of the show, Yeojin feinting, and Yves had to have an IV and performed with a fever. They already posted letters apologizing for not pacing themselves better as if they even have a say in that. Insanity. BBC can eat my taffy.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAbhfMWvcZs

new rocket punch slaps

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Pop rock Twice owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4Rb5_kjS2M

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH8jn4W8Bqc

Vastakaiun
Apr 16, 2008

Key MV bringing the visuals. First impression of the album is very good. Favorite tracks so far are Guilty Pleasure, I Can't Sleep and Another Life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNFk6_to5_0

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
All of Loona’s luggage has now been lost in canada, maybe curses are real

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
The ADOR letter is so embarrassing :allears:

quote:

Considering how common it is to use friendly and familiar imagery like a cookie even in content targeted toward the youngest children, it would be nonsensical, for example, to stir up controversy over the American tradition of Girl Scouts knocking on strangers’ doors to sell their cookies, or the flyers reading, “Get your Girl Scout Cookies before it’s too late! Ask my daughter today.”

I get what argument they are trying to make but holy poo poo what a comparison

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

looks like a fun live song. hopefully they perform it on their next concert tour.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pN2BlvPF1A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki2UeZsBx6w

Monster group :allears:

New title track has same composers as O.O, hell yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah i have really enjoyed everything ive heard out of nmixx

also please free loona :( they deserve six fuckin' months of vaca. i'm glad i got them at the top of the tour before the dumpster fires started