Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Thundarr posted:

I'm not allowed to climb up to the top of the windmill. This is the biggest disappointment with the island so far.

Tree house wins :smug:

Yoship gets to me every year on the rising and I love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Note Block posted:

Are there jumping puzzles in the Island Sanctuary? This is very important to me and I must know.

No sightseeing logs, just really egregious invisible wall placement.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Somebody explain the island sanctuary workshop system to me as if I was a child. What should I even be making?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Blockhouse posted:

Somebody explain the island sanctuary workshop system to me as if I was a child. What should I even be making?

There's three things that affect your returns:
  • Efficiency bonuses. Making an item that belongs to at least one of the same categories as the previous item made in the same workshop will result in more of that item being made by the workshop for a given craft. This will only take effect if you alternate between items, though, so you can't just make 4 potions in a row and get efficiency bonuses for them.
  • Groove. Every efficiency bonus you do will add to that week's Groove, up to a total, which will also affect the amount of items being made in every workshop.
  • Supply and Demand. You can click on the little spyglass icon in the top right to see current Supply and Demand. The lower the Supply, the more an item will sell for; the higher the Demand, the higher an item will sell for.
In general, you want to start off the week with 4 hour crafts with efficiency bonuses to build up Groove as fast as possible, then spend the rest of the week aiming to craft things that have low Supply, high Demand, or (preferably) a combination of both.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Aug 27, 2022

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Is the supply determined by your production and sales or everyone's?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Blockhouse posted:

https://twitter.com/EENlX/status/1563469073924575233

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Is the supply determined by your production and sales or everyone's?

The way in which the help text is written would indicate that it's purely your own sales that affect it, along with some invisible market factor that the system generates.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Vermain posted:

In general, you want to start off the week with 4 hour crafts with efficiency bonuses to build up Groove as fast as possible, then spend the rest of the week aiming to craft things that have low Supply, high Demand, or (preferably) a combination of both.

The problem with this is that it's made up bullshit. Which is to say, last night at midnight, I set my crafts for today to be 2 things that were at nonexistant supply and skyrocketing. When I woke up today, despite nothing having crafted yet (because I did 3 8 hours per workshop) demand had moved to sufficient and future demand was plummeting and I got paid relatively nothing for what I put in the order for. First craft of the day so I am waiting to see how the others pan out but the reset time being 3 am blows rear end and is going to make getting good sales going tediously tricky. Or so it would seem to me anyway.

Maybe the reset takes into account what you have scheduled and adjusts accordingly? That would be annoying but at least it could be worked around.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Aug 27, 2022

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

It was also the first seasonal event that had extra content the further you were in the story.
Speaking of, this year's Moonfire Faire was a lot emptier on my alt not yet through Endwalker. I was already at Allied with all those let my buddies chill on the beach :colbert:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yeah, I unlocked the workshop late last night right before going to bed, and this was my reaction to. "What the gently caress, there's suddenly an economics sim in my chill island getaway?! Did they hire the Zachtronics guy??"

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

How is it possible that six months into CC people still think they can 1v5

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Chillgamesh posted:

*pops Chiten, turns headphone volume up as Bury The Light hits the crescendo just as I engage*

Heh, a trivial matter...

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Doomykins posted:

*pops Chiten, turns headphone volume up as Bury The Light hits the crescendo just as I engage*

Heh, a trivial matter...

*turns u into a pig*

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Every single SAM I've had try and 1v1 me as MNK or SGE spends 40 seconds doing gently caress all but short cc and then I kill them.

It's not a real class in pvp.

"Oh but Ms. ZMB the ultimate will guarantee a kill!" Yeah so does almost every other ultimate.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Are there animals that are better than others to have in my pasture? Right now I have 1 of each of the 5 little ones. Should I do the same for the next size? Should I have more of any of the others instead?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Chillgamesh posted:

The de-ranking has been a wonderful gift. Warriors charging into my team as I ready my Silence button. I may not get kill credit, but I'm deleting them.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Macaluso posted:

Are there animals that are better than others to have in my pasture? Right now I have 1 of each of the 5 little ones. Should I do the same for the next size? Should I have more of any of the others instead?

Each animal has a different pairing of materials, one you get every time and one you get randomly (chance increases with happiness, seems 100% or close to it at max from my own experiences).
Rare spawns will have those two flipped. So a sheep gives fleece/milk, a rare sheep gives milk/fleece.
No materials require rare spawns, everything can be gotten from the normal guys.

That said, some things are size-limited. Before large creatures for example the Stag is the only way to get Horn.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Macaluso posted:

the best animals to have are just the ones that produce the materials you need for your crafts (or alternately the best crafts to do are the ones that use materials from the animals you want to keep). So if you need lots of fleece you want lots of lambs and apkallu, if you don't need any you probably would prefer other animals.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Vermain posted:

There's three things that affect your returns:
  • Efficiency bonuses. Making an item that belongs to at least one of the same categories as the previous item made in the same workshop will result in more of that item being made by the workshop for a given craft. This will only take effect if you alternate between items, though, so you can't just make 4 potions in a row and get efficiency bonuses for them.
  • Groove. Every efficiency bonus you do will add to that week's Groove, up to a total, which will also affect the amount of items being made in every workshop.
  • Supply and Demand. You can click on the little spyglass icon in the top right to see current Supply and Demand. The lower the Supply, the more an item will sell for; the higher the Demand, the higher an item will sell for.

How many days of 4 hour crafts? 1 or 2?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

I wanna hit this guy with a car. No Spreadsheets in games

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Do you keep an efficient bonus going if you arrange your crafts right at the day switch? Or will it always reset?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

hopeandjoy posted:

How many days of 4 hour crafts? 1 or 2?

I need to check on reset to be 100% sure, but I'm fairly certain it's 1 Groove per efficiency bonus, so you can get a maximum of 15 Groove per day (since the first 4 hour craft has no bonus). Landmarks give you an increase to your total Groove, so you're looking at somewhere around 1 - 1.5 days of 4-hour efficiency crafts to get to max if you're using all 3 workshops. You can always check your current and maximum with the workshop panel; it's an (admittedly not well-highlighted) number in the top right.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

hazardousmouse posted:

Do you keep an efficient bonus going if you arrange your crafts right at the day switch? Or will it always reset?

I tested this, it always resets

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Consummate Professional posted:

But XIV is a game almost totally made from spreadsheets? :confused:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I suspect big money on island workshops is more or less locked behind rank 10, not just for whatever the highest return crafts are, but to round out your list of available crafts so you have as many options as possible for generating efficiency bonuses that you can apply towards those highest return crafts.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Thundarr posted:

I suspect big money on island workshops is more or less locked behind rank 10, not just for whatever the highest return crafts are, but to round out your list of available crafts so you have as many options as possible for generating efficiency bonuses that you can apply towards those highest return crafts.

Yeah, I think the big benefit is having access to all the materials from advanced tools, double granary, and medium/large creatures to ensure you can avoid oversupplying. With basic materials, you only have a small handful of efficiency bonuses to juggle, which makes oversupplying an inevitability.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Hogama posted:

Lmao

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Vermain posted:

Yeah, I think the big benefit is having access to all the materials from advanced tools, double granary, and medium/large creatures to ensure you can avoid oversupplying. With basic materials, you only have a small handful of efficiency bonuses to juggle, which makes oversupplying an inevitability.

The other question is exactly how much supply and demand affect the base price. I have no idea if no supply / very high demand for a value 59 craft beats oversupply / low demand for a value 85 craft, or if it just makes them close to even.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

Hogama posted:

I haven't seen this used as a synonym for glamour before.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Thundarr posted:

The other question is exactly how much supply and demand affect the base price. I have no idea if no supply / very high demand for a value 59 craft beats oversupply / low demand for a value 85 craft, or if it just makes them close to even.

Looks like the key image for that. The complicated part is when you're trying to figure out where in a chain to put it and how that affects supply/demand for tomorrow.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I mixed up the tutorial at first and thought supply/demand didn't change until the end of the week. That was a much better luxury, just put a break at the start of the week to relax and figure out what you're targeting.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Antivehicular posted:

Yeah, I unlocked the workshop late last night right before going to bed, and this was my reaction to. "What the gently caress, there's suddenly an economics sim in my chill island getaway?! Did they hire the Zachtronics guy??"

If this was by the Zachtronics guy, you'd have to program the mammets yourself, not just pick what they should craft.
Progression would be unlocking new commands Eureka Logos style.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Tamba posted:

If this was by the Zachtronics guy, you'd have to program the mammets yourself, not just pick what they should craft.
Progression would be unlocking new commands Eureka Logos style.

You would also have histograms comparing the efficiency of your solution in different ways vs. other players.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Consummate Professional posted:

Everyone thought it was Stardew Valley--they couldn't see that FFXIV was going after eve online players.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Bruceski posted:

I mixed up the tutorial at first and thought supply/demand didn't change until the end of the week. That was a much better luxury, just put a break at the start of the week to relax and figure out what you're targeting.

yeah I'm looking at all the chairs and other woodwork I've made and noone wants them anymore :sigh:

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Question - were all the buildings and plots on my sanctuary island constructed with union or non-union labor?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I sure hope the mammets have a union

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Runa posted:

I sure hope the mammets have a union

The mammets have a union, Tataru has a socket wrench.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

CobiWann posted:

Question - were all the buildings and plots on my sanctuary island constructed with union or non-union labor?

The description for why you need to schedule two days off for your workshop mammets says it’s because you’re such a kind boss, so it’s either non-union and your WoL really is a good person OR the mammets are fully organized and that description is the lie they tell you so that you think you’re totally the nice guy in this situation.

Tataru doesn’t strike me as friendly to collective bargaining, however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I've been busy at work, so I haven't been able to do a deep dive on 6.2 yet, but, I am not seeing any new Crafter/Gatherer accessories anywhere on any vendors or in any of the new Master Recipes.
Am I overlooking them, or are we still stuck with the Integral stuff for the right-side gear?