Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

I've been thinking about this really hard, and I've come to the conclusion that The One Piece treasure is Roger, who found a way to perfectly preserve meat, left a giant pile of meat that he cooked from various animals around the world. The One Piece is the world's biggest All-Meat, All-You-Can-Eat Buffet.

When the crew finds it, everyone will be disappointed, especially Nami, that it's just a big pile of meat. Except of course for Luffy, who will finally have a meal to match his appetite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
oda was lying and the one piece is friendship, that’s why Roger was laughing so hard

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
one piece is all of the gold collected from the places that used to have gold but dont anymore.

its also something symbolic contained in the huge pile of treasure.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

The one piece is a bathing suit, and Luffy can't swim... :negative:

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Waffleman_ posted:

Spoilers for five weeks from now: One Piece is real

it's real to me :qq:

It's a shame Netflix didn't make this like, six years ago. Given the plop stedda a splash 'A Series of Unfortunate Events' had, I was so delighted to see them finish that off. I'm half expecting this to be about that quality, which would be fine imo. Telling the full story is quite a commitment, and quality of the scripts aside for Bebop, I'll be surprised if this isn't met with similar hesitation for not being the original thing. One wrong move and there goes any followup. Suppose Netflix isn't Warner levels of danger yet tho.

Gonna stay cautiously optimistic.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Honestly I'm mainly worried about how much body horror the Gum Gum stuff will be

Remalle
Feb 12, 2020

The One Piece is a giant chicken, big enough for both Big Hat and Big Egg, rubber quality optional.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Scholtz posted:

Honestly I'm mainly worried about how much body horror the Gum Gum stuff will be
no more than mickey mouse or looney tunes cartoons would have been

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Scholtz posted:

Has any live action production ever done stretchy limbs well for that matter?

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Tampa Bae posted:

no more than mickey mouse or looney tunes cartoons would have been

Cartoons aren't real life!!!

Larryb posted:

Has any live action production ever done stretchy limbs well for that matter?

I think a lot of the cases where it looks passable are carried a lot by the limbs being covered in "stretchy costume material" or something. With Luffy, it'll all be bare skin stretching.

Scholtz fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Aug 31, 2022

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Scholtz posted:

Im excited for as much cartoon body horror possible.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
There's about a 0.01% this live action show makes it long enough to get to Wano but imagine some of those Beast Pirates in horrifyingly lifelike CG

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

I just realized we still haven't gotten the Jinbe toast

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Drakkel posted:

There's about a 0.01% this live action show makes it long enough to get to Wano but imagine some of those Beast Pirates in horrifyingly lifelike CG
It's going to speed-run to Arlong at best, this is a Netflix show they never make it past season 3 anymore

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Tampa Bae posted:

It's going to speed-run to Arlong at best, this is a Netflix show they never make it past season 3 anymore

Season 1 - Up to Loguetown
Season 2 - Arabasta Saga
Season 3 - Skypiea & Long Ring Long Land, Straw Hats lose and disband

Scholtz fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Aug 31, 2022

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The One Piece is Laplace's Box

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Waffleman_ posted:

Spoilers for five weeks from now: One Piece is real

Uh....

https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/1564838900576661504?t=L_iWj07JM7haLGwTst_43Q&s=19

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
they’re cowards for locking replies

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
It's Gold Roger's fortune that he left for the taking.

So, the big egg?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

I've been thinking about this really hard, and I've come to the conclusion that The One Piece treasure is Roger, who found a way to perfectly preserve meat, left a giant pile of meat that he cooked from various animals around the world. The One Piece is the world's biggest All-Meat, All-You-Can-Eat Buffet.

When the crew finds it, everyone will be disappointed, especially Nami, that it's just a big pile of meat. Except of course for Luffy, who will finally have a meal to match his appetite.

I can't believe Gold Roger died of gout

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RatHat posted:

Oh, you’re saying he couldn’t lose something he never had to begin with. Somehow I doubt he’s the only devil fruit user who didn’t know how to swim anyway, especially the really young ones
spandam's sword probably couldnt swim before it ate a devil fruit

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Please make the live action animals and creatures into muppets instead of CGI

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

DeadBonesBrook posted:

It's Gold Roger's fortune that he left for the taking.

So, the big egg?

Broke: Big Hat
Woke: Big Egg

Big Egg was actually Big News Morgans, also he doesn't have a devil fruit and he’s actually a bird person.

Darkoni
Dec 28, 2010

You do not look terribly noble and yet I feel troubled, attracted, bewitched.

My theory is that Gol D. Roger wasn't the first to reach the end of the grand line, and the One Piece and the Will of D are the same thing. Every so often a D. will make it to Laugh Tale, maybe it's coincidence/fate maybe it has to do with bloodline elements and only a D. can reach the end. Either way they leave everything they have until it's time to overthrow the Celestial Dragons. So the One Piece is mass of treasure, weapons, and information.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Why is whitebeard trending all of a sudden that chapter was like a decade ago

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

RuBisCO posted:

I just realized we still haven't gotten the Jinbe toast

Ya wheres our big rear end celebration and party for Jinbe joining?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Rody One Half posted:

people keep spamming pictures of him with his dick out

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

people keep spamming pictures of him with his dick out

The Willy of D.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Which poster itt has the highest bounty

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Scholtz posted:

how would you calculate that

comparing rap sheets or

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Scholtz posted:

Season 1 - Up to Loguetown
Season 2 - Arabasta Saga
Season 3 - Skypiea & Long Ring Long Land, Straw Hats lose and disband

Oh, this brings up an interesting point. If they survive to get more than one season, but get cancelled in that one, might they pull a GoT and try to wrap it up themselves? Will we get confirmation of what the OP is years ahead of when the manga will catch up?

The idea of trying to write an epilogue for the story after Skypiea is hilarious.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
And then they all fell to the ocean floor, crashing their ship and drowning. The End.

Cirvot
Oct 21, 2012

Rody One Half posted:

An actor from Better Call Saul shouting the line in a tiktok is probably the origin. Found a link to the clip here.
https://twitter.com/haroldsmells/status/1562521718169948161

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

There's also an image edit where he has his cock out

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Scholtz posted:

Stux

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
in the general melange of social media who can say whether it's a celeb plug or a cock edit pushing the most discourse

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its definitely the dicks

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

dicks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution