Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Larryb posted:

He’s got that little box thing so I wonder if we’re ever going to get a proper transformation sequence for him.

I WANT ITTT his hair changes color for Black Pepper so you know he's gotta have some sorta sparkles goin' down

Also being fully honest, with the Toei hack putting everything on hold and taking a break, I've now fully forgotten why the bad guys are collecting recipipis. I'm watching the episodes not even sure why the enemies are attacking. Because Godatz wants all the recipes....for.....something? Usually at this point in the season we've had a big mid-season showdown that puts us into the second stage of the plot and we've got a more concrete villain motive established. But that hasn't really happened for DeliPa.

I'm hoping it's because they're deciding to delve more into the CooKingdom political intrigue stuff and that it turns out Godatz is a former Cook Fighter or something, so the motives are intentionally vague to cover up some plot reveal. I know these are children's shows so they don't really go too deep into villains, but they do at least try to put some basic motivations into their actions usually.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Aug 15, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Based on the episode titles a new villain might be joining the Bundoru Gang next week at least but we’ll see how that goes

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

A fun little mascot episode this week (complete with yet another evolution for KomeKome at the end) with some decent fights as well including a one on one duel between Narcistoru and Amane

Based on the preview and the lack of news leading up to it I’d say we’ve got a 50-50 shot at this point of either legitimately introducing a new villain next time or having it just be a fakeout (I’m hoping hard for the former)

Edit: In rewatching the preview coupled with the end of the most recent episode it seems likely that the “new phantom thief” may actually be some sort of robot Narcistoru created

Considering we’ve still got a good 20+ episodes left in the series at this point I would hope we get at least some sort of major shakeup with the Bundoru Gang in the near future though (or maybe even pull a Maho Girls and eventually swap them out for a brand new threat)

Narcistoru was raising some major death flags by the end of tonight’s episode though so he might be on his way out regardless

Larryb fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Aug 21, 2022

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Late to the party but everyone should check out this documentary on Saban Moon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdYD5StqHxk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L67YFwnQCQ

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Lamo the new robot general and his robot sound effects in this weeks episode. Please go super robot!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I also like that his power was essentially a miracle light for the villains, good to see he’s gonna be sticking around for a bit

I enjoyed them bringing back the classic powerup of “punch harder” as well

Speaking of powerups, a recent commercial seems to have leaked a new form for Yui:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=FPJ2mv3m2ec

Larryb fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Aug 28, 2022

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

In Delicious Party news, a new weapon/form has been revealed:

Weapon Name: Party Candle Tact and Party Up Ring.

Form Name: Party Up Style.

Attack Name: “Pretty Cure! Light My Delicious!”

And some new episode titles to go with it:

Ep 26: Kokone's Promise! Challenging King Green Pepper

Ep 27: Kome-Kome's Big Transformation!? Ran's Happy Plan

Ep 28: Kome-Kome's Power For Everyone...! Party Candle Tact!

Ep 29: A Delicious Paradise! Let's Go ! To CooKingdom!

Despite being the supposed main character Yui still hasn’t gotten much if any spotlight episodes (also if she keeps growing KomeKome is going to be older than the Cures themselves by the time the show is over)

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
turns out kome-kome was yui's grandma all along!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

In related news, it appears PamPam and MemMem will be getting human forms of their own:

Seems like these forms will be exclusive to the movie though (for now anyway)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Terror of King Green Pepper defeated! Also face game on par today

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Takumi felt more like a proper member of the team this week as well which is nice.

Speaking of, give the boy a transformation sequence already (even if it’s just a one time thing like 90’s Tuxedo Mask)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

A new teaser recently dropped as well:

https://twitter.com/precurenews01/status/1566225991252738048

Not much to this one aside from confirming that Takumi/Black Pepper will indeed be in the DP movie

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

A new image from the DPP movie has been released showing off a new form:

Seems like not only will the fairies become human in the film but all 3 of them (including to lone male MemMem) will become Cures as well

The form itself is called Children’s Lunch Dress

Larryb fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Sep 6, 2022

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

It seems we are actually getting a crossover of sorts this year in the form of a short that will be ran prior to the start of the Delicious Party movie:

https://twitter.com/precure_movie/status/1570200726420217856

I like that they included Hikaru seeing as Tropical Rouge didn’t have an All Stars movie and Miracle Leap was basically just The Nodoka Movie with cameos by Hugtto, Star Twinkle, and her own team

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

In other news, some early Tropical Rouge designs have been found:

https://imgur.com/a/LsOEa3h

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

That early Cure Flamingo design needs to get used for a future cure. Its really good

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

That early Cure Flamingo design needs to get used for a future cure. Its really good

Same with early Cure Summer who looks like a cross between Sailor Moon and Princess Daisy from the Mario series (also Papaya apparently was going to keep her glasses even in Cure form and Laura honestly looks pretty good with green hair)

Multi-arm Kururun is the stuff of nightmares though (I do like the little antennae however)

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Six Armed Kururun is cursed.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

As expected, the new Tokyo Mew Mew anime has already been confirmed for a second season:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ILniTOuXEQM

How far into the manga did the one that just wrapped get out of curiosity?

Edit: The first season covers about half the manga it seems

Larryb fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Sep 20, 2022

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

e: wrong thread

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Sep 20, 2022

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Mew Mew being a lean adaptation of the manga and lacking the filler of the original definitely hurt the series I found. Just no focus on side characters or fun filler episodes

Also yeah it being a het romance and action being more beam is also hard to go back too. And this doesn't have the nostalgia of Sailor Moon to carry it for me

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Mew Mew being a lean adaptation of the manga and lacking the filler of the original definitely hurt the series I found. Just no focus on side characters or fun filler episodes

Also yeah it being a het romance and action being more beam is also hard to go back too. And this doesn't have the nostalgia of Sailor Moon to carry it for me

Yeah, this kind of feels like Sailor Moon Crystal except the other characters get a bit more focus and it’s not 100% a faithful adaption (Mint being part of the organization from the start for example).

Much like 90’s Sailor Moon the added filler is ironically what made these kind of shows memorable in the first place

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
These adaptations can be perfectly lean and still, Eternal Season 3 worked fine, it's just a very fine line to walk that seems to only have been done by the one season that didn't need a retelling.

Sometimes you biff it so hard you just have to throw your hands up and just have to Ideon-gun the Four Kings of Heaven out of existence to do what you probably should have done in the first instance.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Oct 15, 2022

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

ConanThe3rd posted:

Sometimes you biff it so hard you just have to throw your hands up and just have the Ideon-gun the Four Kings of Heaven out of existence to do what you probably should have done in the first instance.

do they seriously do that in crystal??? lmao that sounds Incredible

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
E-yup.

See in the original, the Elite Four all got dusted (In brutal-for-shojo-manga fashion, I'll add) by the guardians during their fights.

That didn't happen in Crystal for what can only be described as 'reasons', keeping them alive until the endgame where they were all unceremoniously freed from their brainwashing and then vaporised by Queen Metal's 'Big Beam She Totally Has, Trust Us' attack.

It's that sort of no-hope spinelessness that gives me no hope for Cosmos.

You had the Higurashi director, RIGHT. THERE. For goodness sake!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

In regards to this week’s Delicious Party, Secretoru has finally gotten off her rear end and went out into the field herself (and it seems she’s basically the second in command of the group for good reason as she’s by far the strongest member the gang has faced so far)

The cameos at the end were neat too (and I imagine there’s gonna be more where that came from seeing as the 20th anniversary is coming up pretty soon now).

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Those were probably just for the movie which came out this week.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Those were probably just for the movie which came out this week.

The movie is a solo act this time but as I posted a little ways above there’s apparently a short aired alongside it where Yui teams up with the previous 3 leads. In any case you’re probably right

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Magic Knight Rayearth is now available on Crunchyroll and TMS’ YouTube channel:

https://beta.crunchyroll.com/series/G1XHJV270/magic-knight-rayearth

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Delicious Party 30: It’s time for our legally required Precure festival episode and it wasn’t a bad Mari spotlight (also I liked the modified Toei logo at the start of Ran’s video). We also properly meet Yui’s late grandmother Yone in a flashback

Seems Secretoru’s power is literally erasing food from existence and the Bundoru Gang has a bunch of spare Delicousstones in their possession (which lends further credence to my current theory that Godatz is/was a high ranking CooKingdom resident)

Spiritoru has also finally been added to the OP as well (along with what appear to be several mini Spiritoru drones) so I assume we’ll be seeing him in action again eventually

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

That was a pretty unique episode to be honest, no monster, no Bundoru Gang, and it stuck to the whole Prince & the Pauper routine to the end (plus I believe this our first real Yui spotlight since the very start of the series)

I wouldn’t mind if Precure did more episodes like this and the shorts episode of Tropical Rouge in the future honestly

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I kinda of wish we had more of Yui beating up the grunts. Precure going ham on other threats would be fun

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I kinda of wish we had more of Yui beating up the grunts. Precure going ham on other threats would be fun

Precure can bench press steal girders and suplex giant monsters without breaking a sweat. Pretty sure a Cure going all out on a normal human would turn them into paste

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Tokyo Mew Mew will apparently return for its second half in April:

https://www.cbr.com/tokyo-mew-mew-new-season-2-2023-release-date/

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

So three seasons later? Sounds about right for those sorts of things.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Edit: Nevermind

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Nov 2, 2022

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

And we’ve got our first leak for next year’s Precure series:

Still not much to go on yet but apparently there’s only two transformation items (a duo to start with maybe?)

Also ignore the Delicious Party team at the bottom, apparently they always put the current group on these particular listings

Larryb fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Nov 2, 2022

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Clearly they're making a second season of DeliPa.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

blossommirage posted:

Clearly they're making a second season of DeliPa.

Nah, they put the current team at the bottom of these every year.

It would be kind of appropriate to do another duo season for the 20th anniversary though (maybe even have another duo join later on)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Due to this new fancy laptop having a small hard drive I can only watch one series at a time. I'm finally getting back around to finishing Healin' Good.

Their super outfits this season are kind of boring, not different enough from their normal outfits outside of the wings imo.

I still don't care for this ending song.