Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

ArfJason posted:

srb2 is cool they finally added slopes after 20 years of arguing with 8 year olds about why it wasnt possible

was it the fault of the 8 year olds or fault of the devs for not updating their 2004 era zdoom and doombuilder releases for 15 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Thw latter causw they spent all that time arguing about how it wasnt possible with 8 yr olds.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

voxel doom https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-aVt77epQ4&t=307s

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

that's badass

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i downloaded voxel doom yesterday and every character became a 1 voxel wide pancake and i got mad that some dude said that happened to him but noone replied to him on how to fix it.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

ArfJason posted:

i downloaded voxel doom yesterday and every character became a 1 voxel wide pancake and i got mad that some dude said that happened to him but noone replied to him on how to fix it.

https://www.linux.org

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=219

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

ArfJason posted:

i don't know

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
there's a trillion different source ports for one thing. try updating and degaussing your monitor. also afaik it only works for doom 1 so anything that uses doom 2 items and monsters wont work

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

ArfJason posted:

that happened to me too because it's an AMD opengl issue, i updated my AMD drivers to the super-latest and that made everything not-pancake anymore.

that or run gzdoom with the vulkan renderer

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

im aware

Dieting Hippo posted:

that happened to me too because it's an AMD opengl issue, i updated my AMD drivers to the super-latest and that made everything not-pancake anymore.

ty

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I'm running jzcoom

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

ArfJason posted:

Dieting Hippo posted:

amd opengl drivers sucked rear end in very specific ways that gzdoom disliked up until very recently. prob. best to use vulkan if possible on those cards.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

been playing through Doom on switch and pistol start UVmaxing all the levels for the first time ever. Struck by how flat and straightforward doom 1 is but hell, these levels are untouchable really. Pistol start really helps keep the difficulty up bc there's often barely enough ammo for the first like 2/3rds and it can be fun to try different routes and pickups to make things manageable. The secret density is really great and the only annoying thing is that I think Barons suck with the doom 1 arsenal. Doom ftw. E2M9 is awesome Lol. Really great poo poo there Sandy, congrats on your first WAD.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
In trainings quest for a doom level.with slopes begins now

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
sounds ok but after equipping this loadout i haven't been able to go back to pistol start vanilla doom
https://youtu.be/pcn2KKjZWHM

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Squeezy Farm posted:

sounds ok but after equipping this loadout i haven't been able to go back to pistol start vanilla doom
https://youtu.be/pcn2KKjZWHM

Lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
the voxels look pretty okay to me :shrug: i'd probably be more inclined to use them with gzdoom only maps that i play once every six months that suggest using mouselook or w/e tho. for intelligent person wads (ipws) where u circle strafe 9000 revenants while 1000 cyberdemons circle strafe you and youre being sniped by 10000 archviles in towers you can't ever hit ill stick with dsda doom and no adons. oh that dude has the raytracing going on to. h3ll yeah shits fire

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

whoa the switch version of doom 1 let's you play doom II WADs. This the best 2 bucks I ever spent

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

whoa the switch version of doom 1 let's you play doom II WADs. This the best 2 bucks I ever spent

Nice. The Doom II switch version had a lot more glitches for me than Doom I (mostly freezing up coming out of sleep mode) so that's probably the way to go

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
imagining loading up Sunlust and getting prompted to buy Doom 2 for $5 to unlock the SSG

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Squeezy Farm posted:

imagining loading up Sunlust and getting prompted to buy Doom 2 for $5 to unlock the SSG

you need 5 Berserker Tokens to unlock Revenant Enemy Pack. Click here to visit Bethesda.net store m'slayer

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ArfJason posted:

you need 5 Berserker Tokens to unlock Revenant Enemy Pack. Click here to visit Bethesda.net store m'slayer

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ArfJason posted:

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

ArfJason posted:

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Squeezy Farm posted:

all the wads that get added to the console/unity version on steam have to be vanilla compatible and can only use original (or doom ofc) assets so the only wads are bad ones like back to saturn x :unsmigghh:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Can't think of any new assets in Nukeway. Let's get it in

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ArfJason posted:

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

E3M1 is so whack. What a lame way to start Hell, for some reason for many years I just associated E3M2 as the real beginning of the hell theme levels and forgot M1 existed. I guess it pays off with E3M9 but what a waste of a level...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

plutonia map23 was awesome...hell i dont think there's been a single level i didnt like, and only one (map22) where I got lost trying to figure out what the switch i flipped just did. this whole set is incredible

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

In Training posted:

E3M1 is so whack. What a lame way to start Hell, for some reason for many years I just associated E3M2 as the real beginning of the hell theme levels and forgot M1 existed. I guess it pays off with E3M9 but what a waste of a level...
In case you haven't seen Enjay ZDoom before, MAP32 is what happens when you give Quake E1M1 the Warrens treatment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MWyL0LXTIk

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
and for the direct opposite of that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMzceK4CQ5k

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Whoa

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's pretty based that on the second to last level they just drop a map called The Sewer. wow. and it even has the goat design of a cross shaped waterway with raised walkways on the perimeter. thank you Casali Bros.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i'm glad the game has finally acknowledged my hard work

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

Lol cool

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

In Training posted:

It's pretty based that on the second to last level they just drop a map called The Sewer. wow. and it even has the goat design of a cross shaped waterway with raised walkways on the perimeter. thank you Casali Bros.

lmao i did not know this

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

lol badass

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tmfc posted:

lmao i did not know this

Whoa In one of the first cases of its kind, Casali gave birth to a child sixteen months after the death of her husband, having been artificially inseminated using his stored frozen sperm.[4][5][6] The case, which predated the Warnock Report, gave rise to legal discussions regarding the baby's rights of inheritance, and made front-page news across the world.[7] 

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Pope almost intervened to stop this, which would have prevented from Plutonia ever existing...cool