Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

Lamebot posted:

The only thing that matters is that he can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

IT'S THE CINNAMON KATANAS FOLDED INTO EVERY BITE

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Every time people begin to lose faith, Gege Akutami drops some weirdos into the fight and everything is right as rain once more.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
As expected, the bit about breeding a 6iv Ditto was a mistranslation. I knew Gege wouldn’t make a mistake like that.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Katana man enjoys jazz much more than us as it's easy for him to hear the notes they're not playing.

Was surprised how much Gege knocked these two random drop ins out of the park. Just both immediately super fun and interesting. Especially katana man.

I really like Maki and Kamo as a pairing too so I'm hoping to see some more conversations between them. I really like the two new entries and I'm happy to see a few more chapters of them stunting but I'd still like to get something meaningfully progressing the culling game soon.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
It's more than a little crap that Maki has been neglected this much (moreso than Voodoo chick. RIP) despite evolving into potentially one of the strongest characters in the series and at least one linchpin in taking down Kenjaku. But as far as a forced training sequence to give her the necessary level ups to even reach out of shape Toji-tier, I'm happy with who these two guys are despite initially being quizzical that randos were going to interrupt Naoya's salty runback.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
I'm fine with using these 2 cool dudes to reveal more of the hidden power mechanics, the body/simple domain, + as a power up.

Interesting that Kenjaku invited the katana dude to the games, wonder how that conversation went. Also, he intentionally (?) reincarnated as an older version of himself.

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

This comic is perfect in every way and already a better sumo arc than Baki Dou.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/4268/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-196

speedscans

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Fantastic

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

thank you, sumo guy.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
bless you, sumo. blumo

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I think my favorite part is sumo man has no murderous intent at all, which makes him a unicorn in this series. he just wants a good wrestle with somebody

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I cannot think of the last shonen arc where the good guy overcame adversity by “getting out of your own head.” Love this series.

Everytime I’m tired of the culling game being plot light, I am soon rewarded by the culling game being character development heavy.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

God I love both of these weirdos so much how do they do it. Sumo dude's communication to Maki is beautiful and perfect.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

someone combined the poses on page 13 to show the sequence

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I feel amazing.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

Gege is clearly toking the blunt pretty hard for story inspiration, but hey, I feel amazing

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
I was getting scared kenjaku was a documentary and gege had his brain replaced but he’s back

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Was not expecting JJK to be the most wholesome manga I read this week

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

God bless these two random idiots

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
I like that Maki is showing more of her old personality, she was acting way too serious for a while( though having to kill your whole clan would do that to you)

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

goated chapter

yum posted:

beautiful i loved that page

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I hope Naoya is crying that Maki would rather sumo with this rando than deal with his loser rear end.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Reduced to just one-word posts at this point but again, fantastic chapter.

yum posted:

I was hoping someone would, that looked great.

Electric Phantasm posted:

I hope Naoya is crying that Maki would rather sumo with this rando than deal with his loser rear end.
I want him to cry and then get oneshot.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Sep 4, 2022

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Official

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-196/chapter/25369?action=read

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1014138

SUMO

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
“dosukoi” means “how does that make you feel”

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Think the speedscan nailed the key emotional moment to this better. "I'm at my best!" is like, self-analytical in a way that undercuts the whole getting out of your own head thing

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Tonfa posted:

Think the speedscan nailed the key emotional moment to this better. "I'm at my best!" is like, self-analytical in a way that undercuts the whole getting out of your own head thing

Yeah "I feel amazing" just reads better.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

that's an insanely literal translation, isn't it

my number one pet peeve in this stuff is when someone translates a phrase like that in dialogue and doesn't stop and think "does a human being say this ever in the language i'm translating it to?"

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
This is the goofiest clinch power-up in an ostensibly serious manga that I've ever seen and I love it.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

That chapter was cool.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/4278/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-197?2022-09-09T14:2

lmfao
Hyperbolic Sumo Chamber

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Hell yeah JJK is best when its just absolutely insane

ONE THOUSAND SUMO MATCHES

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Sep 9, 2022

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
really hope that naoya finally bites it next chapter, he’s stinking up the joint

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hope he goes out very shamefully

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
if he’s not outta here in the next 2 chapters I’m going back to whining

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

skipmyseashells posted:

if he’s not outta here in the next 2 chapters I’m going back to whining

You've never stopped.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
He's right, sumo is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

You've never stopped.

you have more posts whining about me whining than you do posting about this manga at all, i at least multiply my cursed posts into positive posts sometimes