Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

5 future Shichi Warlords were there to witness Roger's death. 3 of them eventually teamed up together.

All of them were present for Whitebeard, too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

buggy gathering up all the shichibukai he could would make sense - for starters, itd be a pretty obvious gag for buggy to want nothing to do with luffy while hancock tries to steer the whole operation in his direction. and theyd be pretty easy allies of convenience, since theyd want safety from the marines in numbers.

plus itd be a way to get weevil and his mom actually tied into the plot instead of just a weird concept off to the side of it.

if they wanted doffy to join theyd have to spring him, though. hes on impel down's death row, isnt he?

Endorph fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Sep 2, 2022

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

All of the Luffy's defeated villains joining forces would be one hell of a final arc.

Straw Hats each get to take one down.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The Cross Guild will be allies. (Though Zoro and Mihawk will still fight)

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

5 future Shichi Warlords were there to witness Roger's death. 3 of them eventually teamed up together.

it is kind of interesting that Croc is the only one who's reaction is a mystery - Moria and Doflamingo are happy, Buggy cries and Mihawk has a dour look on his face, but Croc's face is deliberately hidden.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Every character is making their default expression

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
croc's definitely got a meme face going its not even a question

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Wasn’t that one of the panels used as evidence that ivankov changed Crocodiles gender?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I always liked that in that shot Moria just kind of looks like the one piece version of a goth punk kid

Anyway assuming they didn't just juice him for his fruit power, my assumption is Moria is the 10th Titanic Captain now (Blackbeard DID offer him the chance to join, although that could obviously just be a joke about the aforementioned juicing process).

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Thinking about if Mihawk still sails around in his tiny coffin boat that he somehow sails from one end of the world to the other. Getting deep into (presumably) Shanks new world territory after leaving the Baratie to show him Luffy's first bounty poster while the Strawhats were still in loving Coco Village.

Maybe it actually has a really sophisticated motor that does all the work while he poses broodily for weeks on end as he travels.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I like Doflamingo’s double eyewear combo

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Caidin posted:

Thinking about if Mihawk still sails around in his tiny coffin boat that he somehow sails from one end of the world to the other. Getting deep into (presumably) Shanks new world territory after leaving the Baratie to show him Luffy's first bounty poster while the Strawhats were still in loving Coco Village.

Maybe it actually has a really sophisticated motor that does all the work while he poses broodily for weeks on end as he travels.

Mihawk swings his sword once and the boat just zips along from the force of the cut, This is actually what happened to Don Krieg's armada, they were accidently in the way when Mihawk was on the way to Baratie for lunch

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Rody One Half posted:

I always liked that in that shot Moria just kind of looks like the one piece version of a goth punk kid

Anyway assuming they didn't just juice him for his fruit power, my assumption is Moria is the 10th Titanic Captain now (Blackbeard DID offer him the chance to join, although that could obviously just be a joke about the aforementioned juicing process).
would moria join a guy who killed one of his subordinates? hogback, absalom, and perona seemed like the only people he really cared about, and kaido killing his old crew jokerfied him.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Dragon was there too, meaning that Cross Guild will ally with the Revolutionary Army.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Really cool that four of the five here are villains who Luffy has defeated and yet they’ve kept getting character development after the main story has moved on. Hope Kaido is the same.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021

Caidin posted:

He just poses when he gets to his destination, on the actual trip he paddles like crazy, why do you think he uses such a big sword?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

LightReaper posted:

Wasn’t that one of the panels used as evidence that ivankov changed Crocodiles gender?

i mean the only just means the theory isnt instantly disproven is all.

croc being a trans dude would rock tho. do it oda

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

I think if you're as confident and powerful as Mihawk you can just get on a little coffin boat and it will take you to your destination.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
with rayleighs swimming skills I assume mihawk paddles the boat once and goes 10 miles

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

anime was right posted:

i mean the only just means the theory isnt instantly disproven is all.

croc being a trans dude would rock tho. do it oda

Where did the theory come from? I remember long ago reading something about it and at the time thinking “oh that’s neat” but I’ve forgotten completely

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

ivankov wants to free crocodile during impel down and claims to know a secret weakness that can be exploited if he turns on them. also ivankov knows crocodile from long ago when crocodile was a rookie. the rest is theory

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Where did the theory come from? I remember long ago reading something about it and at the time thinking “oh that’s neat” but I’ve forgotten completely

Ivankov threatened to reveal some secret he knew about Crocodile during Impel Down. Which, now that I think about it, would mean he was threatening to out Crocodile :yikes:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Honestly, given Crocodile and Ivankov's characterizations the trans theory never really fit. Then you add in general One Piece vibes and the actual secret is much more likely to be something like his favorite food is something only Japanese children eat. Or before being a pirate Crocoboy way a famous idol with a real cringy gimmick.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
ivana knows crocodile also eats donuts, and he got the scar from eating them wrong

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

oddium posted:

ivankov wants to free crocodile during impel down and claims to know a secret weakness that can be exploited if he turns on them. also ivankov knows crocodile from long ago when crocodile was a rookie. the rest is theory

ThingOne posted:

Ivankov threatened to reveal some secret he knew about Crocodile during Impel Down. Which, now that I think about it, would mean he was threatening to out Crocodile :yikes:

Ahhhh that's right. Thanks!

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
I don't want that theory to be true because a) it would be too obvious and b) it would be lame to frame gender switching as something embarrassing

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
especially when Iva and the scissor fella were different genders every scene in impel down

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
At the very least, it does seem out of character for Ivankov, specifically, to frame it as something embarrassing. Then again, I'm sure Ivankov is aware that Crocodile's sense of what's embarrassing doesn't necessarily match Ivankov's own.

I don't remember how the Viz translation ended up wording it, but IIRC, what the scanslations at the time had Ivankov saying is that he knew a "precious weakness" of Crocodile's, which made it sound like Ivankov knew a weakness of Crocodile's Devil Fruit other than water (electricity, maybe?). That seems like a pretty underwhelming thing to threaten Crocodile with, though.

Maybe Crocodile has a ridiculous secret along the lines of Katakuri's?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Crocodile was the Danny DeVito to Ivankov's Schwarzenegger and Ivankov will never let him live it down

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

that led to the much funnier theory, 'crocodile is luffy's mom'

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

My thought is that it has to be something Ivanoff has access to and can use at any time. The devil fruit power makes the most sense, but it could easily be an embarrassing secret. Oda deliberately not showing Croc’s face in the flashback doesn’t really narrow it down, except to pinpoint that it probably involves his face.

Given these facts, it’s pretty obvious that Croc had a nose job that went horribly wrong, but gave him that cool scar. Croc is embarrassed so he tells people a cool story about getting it while fighting Whitebeard, but Iva was one of the nurses so he knows the truth. Croc later got it fixed by better doctors but he’s still ashamed.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I wonder what Ivankov's bounty is/would be

Is he hanging with the likes of King and Queen with a billion+ or is he down with the 300m scrubs

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
Iva was the only person to fight Magellan and get away, real stepper

unless we’re counting Blackbeard and shillew ganking him offscreen at the end

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sabo seems like hes the second in command of the revolutionaries and his bounty is 600k, so ivankov's probably in the 500k range since he seems like the third up the ladder?

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

There was some art of young Crocodile that appeared fairly androgynous, but other than that we have never seen what he looks like pre-Alabasta.

I think trans Crocodile isn't the wildest theory out there (Ivankov's involvement in the secret is strong evidence}, but being Luffy's parent is silly.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Endorph posted:

that led to the much funnier theory, 'crocodile is luffy's mom'

This is disproved by the flashback where Ivankov is surprised to learn that Dragon has a son.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Endorph posted:

sabo seems like hes the second in command of the revolutionaries and his bounty is 600k, so ivankov's probably in the 500k range since he seems like the third up the ladder?

Im expecting updated revolutionary bounties for all of them to account for the Revery escape and also inflation

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
A more plausible theory I'm seen about Luffy's family, by the way, is that Dadan is Luffy's grandmother.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Silver2195 posted:

A more plausible theory I'm seen about Luffy's family, by the way, is that Dadan is Luffy's grandmother.

Dadan is Dragon's age, apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Crocodiles secret is he has a tiny penis and Ivankov saw it