Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I'd play, sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I could not name 5 current baseball players with a gun to my head but y'all have fun

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I will give MLB a go but I also cannot name 5 baseball players with a gun to my head.

Cart Mountain posted:

i've been playing fantasy sports for like 20+ years and i can honestly say i've never had so many lucky bounces and things break my way in a season before. i , too, think its bs that i somehow won. fitting that it'd happen to be in a league where absolutely nothing is at stake (except for the Respect and Adulation of my Fellow Posters of course).

i'm an Old Curmudgeon when it comes to using my phone for stuff, so everytime i had to make moves and set lineups and poo poo, i had to be at my PC. couple that with the fact that i'm a relatively new father who doesn't get to see their son a ton monday through friday as he's primarily only awake during my working hours, it lead to me constantly missing/loving up my weekend lineups as I pretty much spend every waking hour I can with him on the weekends (1:00 pm saturday games are dumb as hell IMO). so thank you all for bearing with me through it and i promise i'll learn how to do this poo poo on my phone for next season lol.

i live in Pittsburgh where absolutely nobody gives a poo poo about professional basketball , so it was especially nice to be able to find a basketball league where half of the league doesn't lose interest playing by the end of December. this is definitely one of the most fun and competitive leagues i've ever played in and it's nice to be able to partake with other dudes as passionate. i remember realizing immediately out of the gate during the draft what i was getting into as players i feel like i could typically wait on/for in other more casual leagues were snatched up left and right way earlier than i expected.

i also want to take a moment to especially thank kalensc and Rick for all of the effort and work they put into the league. you guys are a great driving force to keep things mixed up and interesting which goes a long way to keeping people engaged IMO.

thanks for a fun as hell season ya'll

I'm really glad you are having fun that is what I do it for, other than to win, which, I have not been able to accomplish. Congrats to you though, you are very good at this. This league really warms my heart.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
always a little jarring to be looking at box scores like a normal person again

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

DeimosRising posted:

I could not name 5 current baseball players with a gun to my head but y'all have fun

I could name more than 5 but I would have great difficulty separating the still-good from the has-been, and barely anyone under 30. Plus I can't help but want to name former Expos that retired over a decade ago =P

We're already at 4 who showed interest, and if we can get to 6 or 8 then we'll be able to do a nice format that lasts 8-10 weeks total. Less of a long-term commitment that way, and if people are gung-ho we can always do a second mini-season for the summer months.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Deadline is June 22nd to set or unset your keepers. Your keeper is your first round pick though so heads up there.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Looking at the list of players who outscored my top 2 keeper options (Curry and Edwards) is depressing. Haliburton? Valanciunas? Bridges? Good god.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

The Maestro posted:

Looking at the list of players who outscored my top 2 keeper options (Curry and Edwards) is depressing. Haliburton? Valanciunas? Bridges? Good god.

Well double-doubles were highly valued and Valanciunas was a monster there.

You talking ppg or total fantasy pts btw?

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Total fantasy. Good point about the double doubles.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Ranking by total pts is def going to result in a few surprises given the impact omicron had on games played.

I didn't look at the numbers but i imagine tyrese and bridges dodged any lengthy stretched on IR

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I felt bad for only posting here so I extended the deadline to the 29th.

Also any feedback about next season? I think it would be fun to do an email draft in August again, if we're staying here. I'm open to anything though.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Let’s fuckin go!! I finished like 10th last year so I don’t have any opinions on if we should change anything. Anthony Edwards MVP season incoming.

I was looking through rosters last week to see who everybody had as keepers, and there was one team with none set. I was thinking that might be foolish, but as I kept looking at the roster, it started to make sense - solid players but probably not worth automatically using an FRP on. And then I saw that it was Rick’s, so I figured it was on purpose.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Definitely! I need some way to improve the top of my roster.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
How many keepers from last year produced first round value? A question for someone else to look up but id bet about half, based on absolutely nothing

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

I'm def back

Will check in w Rick soon on how we wanna set up the draft, schedule, playoffs, etc

Stay safe vs BA5 btw, SO & I were both ZeroCovid for 30 months til today, now she is positive and I'm isolating elsewhere with fingers crossed :smith:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I always enjoy a chill summer draft and normally I'd be like "let's start in August!!!" but I worry the KD thing won't be done by then.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Yeah you haven’t had time for final trades and people who blow their acl on pogo sticks or in 5 minutes of preseason time

It’s not as bad as in the NFL where you should draft the night before game 1 but still

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Or John Wall just getting out of the tub.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Rick posted:

Or John Wall just getting out of the tub.

Was Derrick Rose and the knife in the bed preseason or during games?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
That was apparently mid season which is wild.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

NBA Jam: MPV Edition

He's heating up!!
His anus is on fire!!!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
We're soft scheduling the email draft to beingstart on Sept 16th.

Can I have confirmation on who is in?

E: and just a heads up the email draft takes anywhere from two weeks to a month.

Rick fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Sep 4, 2022

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

In

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
In

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

I'll play

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i will play fanty again

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
In it to win it

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
This year, surely, Luka will be MVP.

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Do y’all do LotR every year or is a new theme coming?

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

greetings, i am in.

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

If there’s another spot left I’m in.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
In the unlikely event anyone would like to staple their season to the Slim Reaper, he is available for trade

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Chronicles posted:

Do y’all do LotR every year or is a new theme coming?

I'm open to other ideas for sure if anyone has them.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

ScooterMcTiny posted:

If there’s another spot left I’m in.

PMed you an invite!

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Yeah i'm still in

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I kind of want to offer my second for KD but the fact that I get a first is because I don’t have a keeper so it seems like that would be cheating.

Also it’s probably a real bad idea since he may fat suit it up.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I think everyone has checked in so I will probably go over the order of the draft tomorrow evening to make sure nothing is weird. Did anyone trade picks with the two people who left last time? If not I don’t anticipate problems.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Still have some tweaks to do but hopefully still plan on starting this evening rather than like at midnight (which it already is in some of your time zones).

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

Rick posted:

I kind of want to offer my second for KD but the fact that I get a first is because I don’t have a keeper so it seems like that would be cheating.

Also it’s probably a real bad idea since he may fat suit it up.
Yeah I get it. And I would only give him up for a price no one's gonna pay.

meanwhile you bicthes are in troubs make way for

rivetz fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Sep 17, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Noice! Let’s do this