Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bacon Biscuits
Mar 2, 2013
Denji's not enjoying that cake. It looks like he over-ordered to push Yoshida's limits (oh, you're really gonna treat me to lunch?), and is scarfing the cake down out of defiance, and to prevent Yoshida from taking it away from him.

His behavior reminds me of my dog during the first few months of adopting her. She had been badly abused, caged, and starved. When fed, she would gobble it up quickly while watching me. Her feats of destructo-naughtiness were incredible. It took a while for her to get over the suspicion and trust me. It's as if she expected that eventually I was going to hit her, or get tired of her and bring her back to the shelter. Denji could be in a similar mindset. "Adoption" already backfired on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
power is a higher concept than war, same with a chainsaw. if you have power you can build things, and you'll need a chainsaw. you have the fear of power and fear of a chainsaw, but you can build things with both. war only destroys, so I don't see it getting that far lol

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SdHEv04Wic

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

SmokaDustbowl posted:

power is a higher concept than war, same with a chainsaw. if you have power you can build things, and you'll need a chainsaw. you have the fear of power and fear of a chainsaw, but you can build things with both. war only destroys, so I don't see it getting that far lol

Do you think Power was a Power devil

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

SmokaDustbowl posted:

War is nothin' but a heartbreaker

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
There’s no way War setting up the whole “I can weaponize boyfriends” thing, followed by Denji trying to get a girlfriend in the next chapter, isn’t the setup for something. Whether as a short lived gag to start the plot rolling or a long term story beat.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Considering that Denji basically saved the world you'd think public safety would give him even a modest stipend

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

goblin week posted:

Do you think Power was a Power devil

Other than Makima, she's the only devil or fiend I can recall who had a name (Power) different from their domain (Blood). Either that means something or the character had been named before the demonology was fully fleshed out.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
The fiends and demons that worked with Public Safety almost all had like biblical angel names or at least references to them. Like the shark fiend was named Beam, and the spider devil was named Prinz.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Fabricated posted:

Considering that Denji basically saved the world you'd think public safety would give him even a modest stipend

public safety is probably not thrilled about him taking away their most valuable asset

kishibe already said he handed nayuta off to denji to keep the government away from her, they’d probably try to assassinate him if they thought they could get away with it

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

Other than Makima, she's the only devil or fiend I can recall who had a name (Power) different from their domain (Blood). Either that means something or the character had been named before the demonology was fully fleshed out.

Beam and Princi.

It should also be noted that all of the fiends who have names are named after ranks of angels which surely means....something?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

public safety is probably not thrilled about him taking away their most valuable asset

kishibe already said he handed nayuta off to denji to keep the government away from her, they’d probably try to assassinate him if they thought they could get away with it

Didn't public safety attempt a fairly public assassination of her?

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Didn't public safety attempt a fairly public assassination of her?

That was Kishibe. He might've been going rogue. She did have a contract with the Prime Minister and seemed subservient to her bosses, but we never got a good look at exactly how the government felt about Makima.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Blockhouse posted:

Beam and Princi.

It should also be noted that all of the fiends who have names are named after ranks of angels which surely means....something?

Yeah, I'm wondering if that plot point will get revisited? Or if Makima just named them that because she's all about heavenly aesthetics.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
it would also be totally in-character for an unscrupulous government agency to think "the last time we recruited conquest she attempted to usurp the country and destroy the concept of free will, but this time we're sure it'll go swimmingly"

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Hell, in light of the way Makima liked to go about it, Power herself might be a reference to "powers and principalities", which is used variously as a reference to spiritual forces. Often demonic, but sometimes holy.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Power definitely named herself because power is a cool word to say.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

How quickly we forget Bucky

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Yeah, the Fiends include Power, Cherubim (Beam), and Principality. It's just the name-scheme Public Safety goes for, and I guess it signifies that they're officially recognised as enemies of devils.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Also completely forgot the Violence Fiend had a name too -- Galgali, which is supposedly a reference to an alternative name for Thrones

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Yeah, the Fiends include Power, Cherubim (Beam), and Principality. It's just the name-scheme Public Safety goes for, and I guess it signifies that they're officially recognised as enemies of devils.

They're also Chainsaw Man's fanclub from back in Hell, which (at minimum) plays nicely into how Makina saw him as a divine figure.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/D_Kumii/status/1567437378704269317

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Nice, it belongs in the spooky month.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Electric Phantasm posted:

Somehow the dogs are living far better than Denji despite being in the same house.

https://y.yarn.co/8ccb1057-1fad-4347-9c95-2f6c08992f47.mp4

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Nice, it belongs in the spooky month.

Sadly that means the episode with Cosmo will air much later than HALLOWEEN

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1013785

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am fine with 50 chapters of Denji's Extremely Dumbass Normal Life

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yoru will fall madly in love with Denji without knowing he is the Chainsaw Man. Asa will continue thinking he is a loser moron.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

War having a pillow punching tantrum is hilarious

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

im losin my fuckin mind

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

symbolic posted:

im losin my fuckin mind

lol

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

symbolic posted:

im losin my fuckin mind

Lmao

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Kind of surprised War didn't buy Denji's claim and pop out and try and murder him.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

This is quality content.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
reaching levels of dumbass not thought possible

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

symbolic posted:

im losin my fuckin mind

Goddamn, I am crying laughing. That delivery was perfect.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

This chapter is everything I could have hoped for.

symbolic posted:

im losin my fuckin mind

lol

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
This basically has American comedy movie timing and delivery.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
I want that cake shirt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Supremezero posted:

Kind of surprised War didn't buy Denji's claim and pop out and try and murder him.

Or just claim him as a disposable boyfriend-weapon.

Loving this manga. It’s just perfect.