Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

it's so ugly. so ugly.

i loving love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Love it, would live there, strongly suspect it's a repurposed office.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I did not expect it to get worse after the drunk person.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
OP's apartment installed new siding and choked their AC unit by enclosing it

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I kinda like that brick building, but the linger i look at it the more im uncertain that the windows are slightly uneven. Or if its like an optical illusion that jitters the eyes and makes it appear that its moving in your peripheral vision. It feels very shirley Jackson, haunting of hill house.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

I like the penthouse there, you could repurpose it into a dovecote, raise squab to pay the mortgage.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

value-brand cereal posted:

I kinda like that brick building, but the linger i look at it the more im uncertain that the windows are slightly uneven. Or if its like an optical illusion that jitters the eyes and makes it appear that its moving in your peripheral vision. It feels very shirley Jackson, haunting of hill house.

I think the photo was taken with a perspective tilting mirror common in architecture photography (I don't know what the name is) in telephoto, which is why it looks more and more awkward the longer we look at it

I see what you're seeing, for sure

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
Load bearing ribbon!

https://v.redd.it/zhl4y6bug1m91

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Arsenic Lupin posted:

In the middle of a park??

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Renaissance Robot posted:

Never heard of an office park?

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

value-brand cereal posted:

It's symmetrical but the corner windows are wider than the others.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Getting real ‘fake building covering large infrastructure equipment’ vibes

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Potato Salad posted:

I think the photo was taken with a perspective tilting mirror common in architecture photography (I don't know what the name is) in telephoto, which is why it looks more and more awkward the longer we look at it

I see what you're seeing, for sure

It’s called “shift”, or specifically “rise”.

You can get the same effect by using a wider lens, holding the camera level, and cropping out the bottom portion of the image.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

im the bathroom

https://imgur.com/aH9TMct

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Well, it isn't.

Renaissance Robot posted:

I don't think it's a park, just what the neighbourhood looks like:

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Sep 6, 2022

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

It all looked perfectly reasonable (for an overpriced, overstuffed city), until you hit the third floor. Why wouldn't you just build a bathroom!?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
The bedthroom was the dealbreaker, otherwise it looked kinda cozy, albeit overpriced.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
2 mil to live in 3 stacked up shipping containers :wtc:

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Um

Where does one bathe

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
Oh hey I have the lamp that's hanging in the kitchen. It's 75 bux at ikea.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

PainterofCrap posted:

Um

Where does one bathe

There's a shower stall (Booth? Closet? Not sure what the english term is) on the right side of the door as he swings back.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
The video cuts out the first floor entirely. Maybe it's all a bathroom. Long, narrow bathroom

captkirk
Feb 5, 2010
As a single guy who lives alone, I was pretty okay with that video until he got to the combination bedroom/bathroom where you have your shitter 4 feet from your pillow.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
If I could redesign that house, I would turn that bedroom into a full bath. And have the balcony exit from the bedroom. Because in all honesty, it's a decent use of space, if you get to plop those things down like modern rowhomes on a very limited amount of land.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I'd move my bed next to the toilet so I would never have to get up in the night to pee.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

captkirk posted:

As a single guy who lives alone, I was pretty okay with that video until he got to the combination bedroom/bathroom where you have your shitter 4 feet from your pillow.

Some people pay extra for this.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

captkirk posted:

No door on the room either. Farts gotta echo through all three stories of that metal box.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

By popular demand posted:

Some people pay extra for this.

…by the hour.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Nitrox posted:

The video cuts out the first floor entirely. Maybe it's all a bathroom. Long, narrow bathroom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2b-wTJ8x3E

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I saw some things today.

Any reason for the multiple vent stacks?

And this monstrosity.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I saw some things today.

And this monstrosity.

This looks like it was some cool 60s MCM experimental build that got worked over by a poo poo residing job.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Geodesic don't.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

It's the middle of a hellacious heat wave, my swamp cooler can only do so much, and it's started making occasional loud banging noises.

But only when I'm not here to watch the cheeky fucker, and my girlfriend won't go up on the roof.

The bearings are good, the belt tension is good, the adjuster is bolted tight, the unit itself is solidly affixed if half rust at this point. Why, you fucker

E: oh I swear to god if that brain dead woodpecker finally got tired of hammering on the newly installed fiberglass power pole and is going after bugs in the cooler pads I'm going to jail for shooting endangered species.

Arrath fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Sep 7, 2022

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I saw some things today.

Any reason for the multiple vent stacks?

My guess would be intake and exhaust for both a high efficiency furnace and water heater, with branches/bends so they don't inhale precipitation or get plugged with snow as easily. Usually they go through the wall instead of the roof, but they could have been trying to reuse the space from older appliances.

Could be completely off base though. I've never seen it done quite like that.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Both of those houses are out in amish country, if that adds to the interpretation, but obviously not occupied by the amish.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Maybe they need the extra ventilation because they have really stinky poos.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Maybe it's like those quiverfull houses and all the shapes and sizes of shitters are in that one room.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

I mean, that's certainly one way to interpret House of Leaves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Arrath posted:

It's the middle of a hellacious heat wave, my swamp cooler can only do so much, and it's started making occasional loud banging noises.

But only when I'm not here to watch the cheeky fucker, and my girlfriend won't go up on the roof.

The bearings are good, the belt tension is good, the adjuster is bolted tight, the unit itself is solidly affixed if half rust at this point. Why, you fucker

E: oh I swear to god if that brain dead woodpecker finally got tired of hammering on the newly installed fiberglass power pole and is going after bugs in the cooler pads I'm going to jail for shooting endangered species.

They deliberately seek out loud stuff to bang on to communicate. The sound of one on aluminum siding is a wonder of suburban nature.