Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
I wouldn't have known the numbers were supposed to be bigger than giants if characters didn't keep mentioning it. But it's kind of amazing Oda kept Wano in as good of scale as he did in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Jose posted:

I can't wait to see the first giant with a devil fruit power

Besides what Endorph said, the anime has had at least 2 giants with Devil Fruits, I think.

Heck, both even have the same Fruit - the Mini Mini Fruit, which lets them shrink in size.

One's in a game, the other's in one of those pre-movie arcs that set up the upcoming movie (in this case, it was for One Piece: Film Z). Obviously both aren't canon but if it was it would imply the dude from the game died.

Also yes, it has the application you're thinking of.

quote:

Lily has stated that she can use the fruit to slip inside her enemies' bodies and then grow, making them burst into pieces. She tried to use this technique against Shuzo when she asked Usopp to shoot her into his mouth, but instead went into Luffy's. However, she was able to turn this setback into an advantage by returning to her normal size while inside Luffy, whose Gomu Gomu no Mi powers allowed his body to expand to Lily's giant form. This gave him an increase in strength to match his size, making him able to defeat Shuzo with one attack.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

San Juan Wolf is supposed to have a Devil Fruit that's responsible for him being the biggest giant in the world.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

yamato also isnt nearly as big as kaido which you think he would be if kaido was 100% giant. the half-giant on foxy's crew was a lot bigger than yamato is.

To be fair, the other half is Fishman, and pure Fishmen can be insanely huge (see: Neptune and his family or Wadatsumi, who dwarves even them).

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oda on Giant sizes:

quote:

D: Lately there's been a lot of tall guys, like Katakuri and Doflamingo, coming out one after the other, but about how many meters tall is the shortest Giant? -P.N. BENI

O: Firstly, the Giant-like Big Mom's height, which is 8m 80 cm. She's bigger than Whitebeard. On the other hand, the shortest real Giant is 12m, making them about two heads taller than Big Mom. The full length of a large bus or truck is about 12m or so. Please think of this feeling as if you'd found a giant laying down.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
drat Oda going off on Caesar Clown.

quote:

D: Nami-san called Caesar “Scum”, “Garbage”, and told him that “It would be better if you died”. Did she get influenced by Robin-chan’s potty-mouth (toxic-tongue)? -P.N. Dori

O: Please remember what happened on Punk Hazard. Caesar fed the children stimulants, called his subordinates guinea pigs, and dedicates his whole life to creating a weapon of genocide. He truly is a man where it would be better off if he was dead. Even though Nami is only kind to those in need (women and children), I truly think she hates Caesar from the bottom of her heart.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kid: I bet Crocodile doesn't like crocodile meat because he keeps them as pets.
Oda: He fuckin' loves crocodile meat.

quote:

D: Please tell us what are Crocodile and Daz Bonez’ favorite foods and most hated foods. I think a boss like Crocodile who likes Bananawani (Banana Crocodiles) wouldn’t eat bananas or crocodile meat. My older sister thinks he dislikes mandarin oranges (mikan). We got into a fight about whether it’s hard for him to remove his fake hand. P.N. Banana Me and Mandarin Sister

Crocodile:
Dislikes: Ketchup

Daz Bones (Mr. 1):
Dislikes: Grilled pork

This sounds about right!! The fact that he keeps crocodiles as pets doesn’t really affect what is difficult for him to eat. When you look at what these two like to eat they sure seem like an annoying pair to please.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Besides what Endorph said, the anime has had at least 2 giants with Devil Fruits, I think.

Heck, both even have the same Fruit - the Mini Mini Fruit, which lets them shrink in size.

One's in a game, the other's in one of those pre-movie arcs that set up the upcoming movie (in this case, it was for One Piece: Film Z). Obviously both aren't canon but if it was it would imply the dude from the game died.

Also yes, it has the application you're thinking of.

hell yeah the antman gambit

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Funky Valentine posted:

Kaidou's scale is all hosed up, when we first saw him in the flesh he was like Oars Jr. sized.

Kaido of the hundred skipped leg days

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

If I could turn into a dragon and fly wherever I wanted, my legs would probably atrophy too. Seems like making flame clouds is a mainly upper body thing as well.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Kaido is also a depressed alcohol who attempted to kill himself every single way except just landing in salt water, but I guess his fruit is the only aquatic zoan type we've seen so maybe he just inherited fishman-like breathing underwater and just lays at the bottom of the sea like Jack did unable to move and just seething

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Tampa Bae posted:

Kaido is also a depressed alcohol who attempted to kill himself every single way except just landing in salt water, but I guess his fruit is the only aquatic zoan type we've seen so maybe he just inherited fishman-like breathing underwater and just lays at the bottom of the sea like Jack did unable to move and just seething

He's not actually trying to kill himself, he was testing his limits. He's knows drowning will kill him, so he's not going to do that.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

MonsterEnvy posted:

He's not actually trying to kill himself, he was testing his limits. He's knows drowning will kill him, so he's not going to do that.
it could just end up being one of those questions that Oda answers 10 years from now saying "Oh, Kaido could survive indefinitely underwater but he still can't move on his own as with all devil fruits"

His devil fruit is the only aquatic zoan we've seen so far and the translation of his fruit is basically "Fish fruit: model dragon"

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kaidou probs thinks drowning is a lame way to go.

Like he wants to die but he wants to die in an awesome way, like in a bitchin' fight with a strong opponent or against an army of foes or by falling 10k km.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Lots of (gacha) games are doing collabs with One Piece for Film Red promotions, and Granblue Fantasy is forcing Zoro and Sanji to be a single unit.

https://twitter.com/granbluefantasy/status/1567422444998377473

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Happy for them.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

there's a nami/robin unit too, and luffy is solo. most granblue events only have 3 playable characters tops so this is probably all of them but id love if they got all the straw hats in. franky/jinbe/brook and ussop/chopper?

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

MonsterEnvy posted:

He's knows drowning will kill him, so he's not going to do that.

I mean, he's a fish. It probably wouldn't.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Some of them will probably be summons I guess. Units would be cooler though

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Puzzle and Dragons is also having a collab with One Piece and the characters are broken as poo poo. Especially Gear 5 Luffy and Kaidou. Strangely there's no Shanks, despite him being a big part of Film Red. Like we have Uta and (some of) the Warlords and even Katakuri and Rayleigh and Uta but not Shanks.

Some nice thematic stuff too.

Like Law being able to swap positions of units (only 2 other people can do it - Chrollo from the HxH collab and Todo from the JJK collab, both characters with the ability to change people's positions).

Or Smoker creating a bunch of clouds to cover up your board when you use his skill (which is detrimental in most cases, to be honest, because clouds are board hazards).

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Endorph posted:

there's a nami/robin unit too, and luffy is solo. most granblue events only have 3 playable characters tops so this is probably all of them but id love if they got all the straw hats in. franky/jinbe/brook and ussop/chopper?

Should've been Nami/Usopp/Brook and Franky/Jinbe so that we could have Robin/Chopper :colbert:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Scholtz posted:

Should've been Nami/Usopp/Brook and Franky/Jinbe so that we could have Robin/Chopper :colbert:

Why Brook with Nami and Usopp? Nami/Usopp/Chopper are the Coward Trio.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Makes more sense than putting him with Jinbe and Franky.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Scholtz posted:

Makes more sense than putting him with Jinbe and Franky.

Jinbe, Franky, Robin, and Brook are the olds of the crew.

Before Jinbe joined, Brooke and Franky and Robin were the olds and the ones standing guard at Zou in case the samurai came cause they were worried it would cause a ruckus (it did, but not for the reasons they feared).

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also Robin x Franky is my OPT and my OTP.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Robin is gay

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Look I just want Robin and Chopper grouped up whenever possible because Robin thinking Chopper is cute is adorable

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Scholtz posted:

Look I just want Robin and Chopper grouped up whenever possible because Robin thinking Chopper is cute is adorable

Fuckin' love the gag in Punk Hazard where Robin is maldin' whenever Franky does dumb poo poo in Chopper's body.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

Law's powers are weird.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Kaidou probs thinks drowning is a lame way to go.

Like he wants to die but he wants to die in an awesome way, like in a bitchin' fight with a strong opponent or against an army of foes or by falling 10k km.

Just like Whitebeard, who he angrily cursed because Whitebeard managed to achieved exactly that, he only died after destroying Marineford, beating up an Admiral as well as Blackbeard. All while being terminally sick and barely able to move.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

side_burned posted:

Law's powers are weird.

They’re still probably less weird than the character who can subconsciously warp reality with his special moves by going “well I’m made of rubber so I should be able to punch fast enough to make my giant wrecking ball fist fire”.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

Kaidou, drunk off his rear end: "Maybe gravity is Joyboy...?"

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
just going to say Buggy D. Clown

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Last Celebration posted:

They’re still probably less weird than the character who can subconsciously warp reality with his special moves by going “well I’m made of rubber so I should be able to punch fast enough to make my giant wrecking ball fist fire”.

Nah, that's just punching faster.

falling 10k km.

That's really hard to pull off. It'd be impressive though.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

side_burned posted:

Law's powers are weird.
He is the closest thing to a wizard in One Piece

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Brandfarlig posted:

Nah, that's just punching faster.

If we’re being pedantic the super speed itself feels like it falls in the category of “the user can warp reality with the most ridiculous power in the world” :v:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

People be fast in One Piece. You don't the God Fruit for it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Also Robin x Franky is my OPT and my OTP.

Usually I at least get the appeal of ships I'm not into, but I've never gotten Robin X Franky. It's like, they're both in their 30s and Robin grabbed his nuts that one time: True Love Is In The Air!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Last Celebration posted:

If we’re being pedantic the super speed itself feels like it falls in the category of “the user can warp reality with the most ridiculous power in the world” :v:

Did we even get any official description of Luffy powers?