Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
The Connector really living up to his name here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

good boss rihito...

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Okubo :allears:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I'll take a small victory for competent Kazzy leveraging his skills in observation. Also the connectors eyes have two holes, interesting.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Rihito just had to open his drat mouth. He's so hosed.

Crymetimeboys
Aug 30, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh you sweet summer child Rihito

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back
well, he wouldn't be Rihito if he wasn't talking poo poo

and getting hit

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

I believe in Comrade Lihito

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

the beers lol

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://comikey.com/read/kengan-omega-manga/oBwP8k/chapter-174/

Some good poo poo this chapter.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Holy gently caress, Lihito actually won. Hell yeah.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
On the one hand, I think it’s kinda dumb that Rihito made a big deal about needing to wait for him to stop flexing his muscles, then immediately went for slicing his face open. Was he flexing his forehead muscles super hard or something?

On the other hand, it’s about time he got another W on his belt

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

Was he flexing his forehead muscles super hard or something?

Yes.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Wow, there really was no crazy twist or anything and Lihito just won. It also pretty nicely showcased his development, past Lihito wouldn't have won anywhere near this clear. Congrats.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Good decision to have the fight be so swift and one-sided, yet technical and plausible. Probably the only way to rebuild Lihito's credibility as an A-lister.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back
that was one boring-rear end fight

gotta crush some mook occasionally to maintain his jobber cred so people act surprised when he loses fights

hopefully Rihito vs Saw Paing is more hype, though

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I liked this series better when the characters I liked won.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
It's always a good thing when fundamentals and good instincts beat cheap asspull superpowers. I was halfway expecting Myers to Metapod his way through several tedious chapters so it was a pleasant surprise.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

On the one hand, I think it’s kinda dumb that Rihito made a big deal about needing to wait for him to stop flexing his muscles, then immediately went for slicing his face open. Was he flexing his forehead muscles super hard or something?

On the other hand, it’s about time he got another W on his belt

I mean he slashed Michael all the way down to this speedo.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Rihitowns

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I'm just glad Falcon gained acceptance from the ninja master he's been looking for.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Hypocrisy posted:

I'm just glad Falcon gained acceptance from the ninja master he's been looking for.

What master? Kuroki just likes to talk to himself about technique and if someone happens to eavesdrop that’s not his concern.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

RatHat posted:

What master? Kuroki just likes to talk to himself about technique and if someone happens to eavesdrop that’s not his concern.

I actually really love how Kuroki has this incredibly weird tsundere martial arts master thing going on despite being this gruff mysterious wall of a man.

"It's not like I'm your sensei or anything, jeez. Anyway, if I were in this situation, this is precisely what I would do and how to do it."

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Also turns up to all their fights and refers to them by their real names. Powerful dad energy.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Gensai's like Heihachi if he was softened by having a kid like most gruff archetypes like him.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Gensai's like Heihachi if he was softened by having a kid like most gruff archetypes like him.

Id say having a kid didn't make Heihachi any less gruff

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm genuinely uncertain who will win in Saw Paing vs Rihito. They're both kind of equally "prominent side characters"

Saw Paing vs Cosmo already surprised me, since I previously would have marked Cosmo as someone who would receive heavy focus in a Kengan sequel.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

I'm going to bet that Saw Paing will have an edge initially but end up losing because of how he got enormously hosed up by the Cosmo match.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Saw Paing's gonna be slow because of his enormous injuries but he literally only has to be careful of the Ripper and grapples because his bones are as durable as Gaolang's right fist.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

RareAcumen posted:

Saw Paing's gonna be slow because of his enormous injuries but he literally only has to be careful of the Ripper and grapples because his bones are as durable as Gaolang's right fist.

Bones yes, Skin no, Rhitio has the Razor's Edge in this match up simply because his primary finisher doesn't go for the bones, it goes for the flesh

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

AtomikKrab posted:

Bones yes, Skin no, Rhitio has the Razor's Edge in this match up simply because his primary finisher doesn't go for the bones, it goes for the flesh

Yeah, exactly. Paing has damage reduction against Blunt Damage, not Slashing.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's a good match-up because neither of them automatically counters the other's gimmick.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I don't want either to lose. let them both advance, as a tag-team

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
also, they are both extremely dumb.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
The ripper is honestly up there in KA as a near unbeatable technique. Like, I had to question why Rihito wasn't ripping into Mark sooner when tightening muscles shouldn't have stopped him in the slightest if he can shave steel and bowling balls.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Brought To You By posted:

The ripper is honestly up there in KA as a near unbeatable technique. Like, I had to question why Rihito wasn't ripping into Mark sooner when tightening muscles shouldn't have stopped him in the slightest if he can shave steel and bowling balls.

Muscle hardening techniques seem to be resistant to ripper-style techniques. That doesn't make biological sense, but it also doesn't make any sense that someone can harden their fingers enough to carve rocks and metal or that a man can train his bones to be harder so he can headbutt rocks hard enough to crack the rocks without killing himself.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Its anime rpg logic.

Anime Slash is bad vs Anime Hard.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

AtomikKrab posted:

Plutonis posted:

Yeah, exactly. Paing has damage reduction against Blunt Damage, not Slashing.

Why are you repeating my point back to me like that wasnt what I said in the first place?

'Saw Paing has a small advantage, since he's like Sekibayashi Jun and striking him will only hurt yourself in the process. So he only really has to worry about the Ripper and grapples here'

'Yeah but he's not immune to getting cut though!'

:psyduck:

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

team overhead smash posted:

Also turns up to all their fights and refers to them by their real names. Powerful dad energy.

The best part is that Gensai did not correct Falcon when he called Lihito his student, the master tsundere cycle is complete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

Rihito will probably win because Saw Paing is injured and he still has to milk what relevance he can get from being the disciple of the strongest character in the Kenganverse