Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Scholtz posted:

This is from Ch 1025 fyi

Tbh I'm not sure if this confirms they're not human, at least until Oda says so from outside of the story. Also, neither Kaido's nor Yamato's vivre card doesn't mention their species, which is only mentioned when the subject of the card is not human.

I think his usage of the word "humans" rather than "people" in the end paints a pretty direct contrast here. I'm confident this is something that'll be explored further as we learn more about the Giants / Ancient Giants / Frozen stuff at Punk Hazard / King / Frozen stuff at Mariejois, I'm pretty sure it's all connected somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

badlyknitsweater
Jan 22, 2001
Chappy: https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/4273/one-piece-chapter-1059

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

oh my loving god the title

Ah, there's the scene with Yamato and Luffy

....Lunarian Hancock Pacifista?!!

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Sep 9, 2022

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

That was really hard to follow.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Lotta flashbacks, very strange chap

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

SHAKKKKKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

drat, this poo poo is crazy.

The way Blackbeard was talking makes it sound like stealing devil fruit powers is something the darkness fruit can do. His "weird body"... is because he ate that fruit, not something weird about him from before that, which makes sense.

I like the explanation of why Yamato stayed, though I kinda wish we'd just gotten it a couple chapters ago. It does fit with this idea that the WG is done loving around, with their crazy new Lunarian pacifistas.

I was half expecting Cross Guild to come to Hancock's aid, but Rayleigh is pretty cool too, I guess :v:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

:catstare:

This chapter is a lot.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Begemot posted:

drat, this poo poo is crazy.

The way Blackbeard was talking makes it sound like stealing devil fruit powers is something the darkness fruit can do. His "weird body"... is because he ate that fruit, not something weird about him from before that, which makes sense.

The "weird body" comment came from way before he ate the fruit, about how he doesn't sleep. Buggy/Shanks talk during the Oden flashback.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I really feel like that confirms beyond all doubt that Yamato's not joining.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Can't wait

For Buggy's Pacifista to be the ultimate weapon.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

YggdrasilTM posted:

That was really hard to follow.

Yeah, I'm confused at the sequence of events there The little Pacifista attacked Blackbeard, he did the Black Hole but then suddenly the Pacifista is away from Blackbeard and next page, Blackbeard was choking Boa. What? Bad scans maybe?

EDIT

Also, just read a cool theory, If the little girl Pacfista somehow is a clone of Boa mixed with Lunarian, then the little boy might be Mihawk. Considering he was able to split a mountan

davidHalestorm fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Sep 9, 2022

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

If the new goal is to save Koby instead of saving Sabo, I'm gonna plotz.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

side_burned posted:

I am assuming oni is getting translated as Ogre. How man character have horns like Kaido and Yamato? Avalo Pizarro, Black Maria and Blueno am I missing anyone

Ulti, Who's Who, Page 1, Magellan, Hannyabal, Bastille, Caesar and quite a few others.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Sep 9, 2022

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

I can't believe you're forgetting Merry, the original horny boy.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

davidHalestorm posted:

Yeah, I'm confused at the sequence of events there The little Pacifista attacked Blackbeard, he did the Black Hole but then suddenly the Pacifista is away from Blackbeard and next page, Blackbeard was choking Boa. What? Bad scans maybe?

Teach uses a Black Hole to defeat(?) the new Pacifista and then arrives to where Hancock is turning people to stone.

Incidentally the Pacifista that attacked Teach is based off of Mihawk, it's a dead ringer for the "child Mihawk" drawing Oda did for an SBS.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

davidHalestorm posted:

The sequence of events is:

- Pacifista is attacking Blackbeard
- He uses his fruit to send out some sort of shockwave and knock it away
- Hancock uses Slave Arrow to turn everyone except herself, Koby, and Blackbeard to stone
- Koby tells the Pacifista to stop attacking so it doesn't smash the statues of marines (including Helmeppo and the vice admiral)
- Blackbeard grabs Hancock

It looks like Hancock was gearing up for some sort of attack before she got grabbed, the geography of the whole thing is pretty vague but it works dramatically. We don't have time for panels of Blackbear zooming over to her or whatever, there's too much poo poo going on!!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Waffleman_ posted:

oh my loving god the title

Ah, there's the scene with Yamato and Luffy

....Lunarian Hancock Pacifista?!!

Also what looked like a Child Lunarian Mihawk Pacifista

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Funky Valentine posted:

Teach uses a Black Hole to defeat(?) the new Pacifista and then arrives to where Hancock is turning people to stone.

Incidentally the Pacifista that attacked Teach is based off of Mihawk, it's a dead ringer for the "child Mihawk" drawing Oda did for an SBS.

He seemed to just knock it away. It was remarked to have taken no damage and was still attacking until Koby ordered it to stop.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Okay, so, the idea of making tricked-out robot duplicates of the Warlords is a decent one and one that is the logical outgrowth of the OG Pacifistas being based off of Kuma.

Why are they kids. Vegapunk what are you doing.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Begemot posted:

The sequence of events is:

- Pacifista is attacking Blackbeard
- He uses his fruit to send out some sort of shockwave and knock it away
- Hancock uses Slave Arrow to turn everyone except herself, Koby, and Blackbeard to stone
- Koby tells the Pacifista to stop attacking so it doesn't smash the statues of marines (including Helmeppo and the vice admiral)
- Blackbeard grabs Hancock

It looks like Hancock was gearing up for some sort of attack before she got grabbed, the geography of the whole thing is pretty vague but it works dramatically. We don't have time for panels of Blackbear zooming over to her or whatever, there's too much poo poo going on!!

Yeah, that's what I figured after re-reading it a few times. For me, it's point 2 and point 3 from your list that was unclear for me because it's not shown clearly that the Pacifista (the little Mihawk clone) was knocked away and where Blackbeard is, relative to Coby and Hancock

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Funky Valentine posted:

Okay, so, the idea of making tricked-out robot duplicates of the Warlords is a decent one and one that is the logical outgrowth of the OG Pacifistas being based off of Kuma.

Plus they all have King's powers as well. Which means they are basically impossible to damage while they have the flames going.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Vegapunk is out there putting out Lunarian warlord clone child soldier cyborgs, the only way he could chump on Judge and Caesar's mad science crimes harder is if a giant one popped out later.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I wonder if they made robots of all the rosters of the Warlords.

Killer Robot Lil' Jinbe. Killer Robot Lil' Teach. Killer Robot Lil' Buggy.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
what a wild chap

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
I do love how connected all this was Judge's clone soldiers, Queen's cyborg parts, King's Lunarian lineage, and then you have Vegapunk combining all of that into one and he's
also the guy who invented a proper artificial Devil Fruits. Kizaru's and Kaido's. And remember, those kids from Punk Hazards are meant to be taken to Vegapunk, right? Now, what's gonna happened to them? They could've got rid of Tashigi and Smoker

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Caidin posted:

Vegapunk is out there putting out Lunarian warlord clone child soldier cyborgs, the only way he could chump on Judge and Caesar's mad science crimes harder is if a giant one popped out later.

Vegapunk: Caesar, I'm shutting down your research!!! This is morally beyond the pale of science!!!

Also Vegapunk: gently caress BRO LET'S MAKE ROBOTS BASED OFF OF CHILDREN AND GRAFT SOME ANCIENT DNA I HAVE LYING AROUND ONTO THEM *dips head into oil drum full of cocaine*

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i could totally see vegapunk wanting to revive the lunarian race and this is how he did it, but uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Man, Vegapunk is really brewing some really crazy poo poo up. I like how it has been a combination of different things we've seen so far.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

anime was right posted:

i could totally see vegapunk wanting to revive the lunarian race and this is how he did it, but uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

it's probably like sanji and his siblings where vegapunk could only create superhumans with genuine intelligence if they grew up naturally, compared to the original pacifistas that were basically just robots

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Yeah I think the reason why the clones are all kids is because they're like, vat babies who grew up naturally (for a given sense of the word) instead of being abducted kids who were experimented on or entirely made robots.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Somehow, some way, Cyborg Jinzoningen Lunarian Child Buggy will save the day. Maybe they'll be a coward as well, Buggy will accidentally make it seem like he doesn't wanna hurt them, the Lunarian Buggy hugs him, all the Lunarian Cyborgs go "it's true, we don't have to fight!" and Buggy gets all the adorable ultra weapons to himself.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Begemot posted:

I feel like the darkness fruit is what allows him to steal devil fruit powers - and possibly bestow them onto other people, or at least direct them to specific non-devil fruits for consumption - but isn't what allows him to have multiple fruit powers himself. If that was the case, why even give the other fruit powers away instead of just keeping them for himself?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Clones feel like a definite escalation from robots. Not what I was expecting, that's for sure.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Funky Valentine posted:

I'm starting to think this Vegapunk guy is not very nice.

That, or so utterly detached and amoral he doesn't give any consideration as to the ethics of what he's doing so as long as it is FOR SCIENCE!

literally real IRL
Apr 28, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

If the new goal is to save Koby instead of saving Sabo, I'm gonna plotz.

I'm guessing Koby faked getting kidnapped by Blackbeard to go talk to Aokiji. Blackbeard says Koby did him a favor so Koby might've called one in.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Clones feel like a definite escalation from robots. Not what I was expecting, that's for sure.

Pacifistas were always clones, all the Kumas were human-based cyborgs

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The cover page showing Katakuri and Oven duking it out, each hallucinating the other as an enemy was also extremely cool.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

All the opening of the chapter needed was Zoro saying something like “I just got back from Ryuma’s grave!” to solidify it as A Formal Apology From the Desk of Eiichiro Oda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

I'm starting to think this Vegapunk guy is not very nice.

That, or so utterly detached and amoral he doesn't give any consideration as to the ethics of what he's doing so as long as it is FOR SCIENCE!

Exactly, It'll be funny if Vegapunk goes, 'What do you mean that they're using my indestructible child clones as human weapons? I only created them for the advancement of science