Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

yeah

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

... nah :evilbuddy:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

just lol if you listen to podcasts at 1x speed like some kind of freak

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Hey podcast thread, the op hasn't been update in five years and I'm wondering what y'all would recommend for someone that enjoyed Everything Elite and is happy the power bombcast is back.

I watch most of the Alvarez and Meltzer stuff they put on YouTube and used to listen to Colt's thing years ago as well. Sometimes will check out Jericho, but not too often. Cornette sucks and I don't really need to hear more about the territories really I just want people with knowledge talking about AEW and maybe a little WWE when it's interesting.

History Comes Inside! posted:

:ohdear:

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Sir Tonk posted:

Hey podcast thread, the op hasn't been update in five years and I'm wondering what y'all would recommend for someone that enjoyed Everything Elite and is happy the power bombcast is back.

:ohdear:

Sorry about the lack of an update. Let me know what should be added. Any podcast recs are welcome.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Kevin Nash’s podcast (kliq this) is pretty good although the co-host is kind of a dickhead.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

TV Zombie posted:

Sorry about the lack of an update. Let me know what should be added. Any podcast recs are welcome.

Deadlock and The Sessions jump to mind for me.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

lol Dave is salty somebody(s) stopped talking to him

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Couldn’t imagine listening to podcasts at more than normal speed. I’ve got the time to hear normal human voices, don’t need to rush through it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
1.4x is about as high as i can go on podcasts/audio books. Any more and it's hard to process the words and even with modern tech it trends chipmunk-y

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

What kind of terrible podcast app are you using that it can’t speed up the audio without compensating for the pitch shift

I’m using overcast and everyone sounds exactly the same at 1.6x or whatever the gently caress I have it set to as they do at 1x, just faster

And I can fit .6x more podcasts into my commute

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i just listen to normal speed

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

What kind of terrible podcast app are you using that it can’t speed up the audio without compensating for the pitch shift

I’m using overcast and everyone sounds exactly the same at 1.6x or whatever the gently caress I have it set to as they do at 1x, just faster

And I can fit .6x more podcasts into my commute

It's not the pitch, it's the speed causing that weird run-on too-fast-to-be-done-without-breathing thing. To me that's as much a chipmunk thing as the high pitched sound.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

yeah the dead air-filling thing podcast apps do is unlistenable, to me. i never have that poo poo turned on

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

yeah the dead air-filling thing podcast apps do is unlistenable, to me. i never have that poo poo turned on

i dont even use special apps i just go to the podcasts main website and listen to it on my browser if it isn't on google podcasts

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

playing all your podcasts and videos at 0.7x speed helps to promote a high-end mind and body maintenance which really begins paying off as early as your mid-30s and only continues building from there. on the flipside, the mindset of needing to consume more as quickly as you can before you pass away leads to a shorter and less fulfilling life. but, at least you did get to hear 25% of the next episode before having to stop for 8 hours. everybody wins. :)

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

dubbed out podcasting

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

JOHN CENA posted:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Trying posted:

lol Dave is salty somebody(s) stopped talking to him

At this point it has to be Punk, right?

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I don't think Dave is salty about it in that way, he is salty that WWE and AEW have stopped communicating things like injuries though. Likened it to the 80s again.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I listen to all my podcasts accompanied by breakbeats and sometimes you need to dial in the tempo so that Joe Lanza really locks into the groove

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

JOHN CENA posted:

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i listen to all my podcasts at 1.2x and it feels Great

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bryan Alvarez: Maybe Kenny and the other person were tossing the dog back and forth between them?

That one got me even more than,"The Head of Legal was NOT helping the Bucks superkick down the door....."

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Regular speed but pitched two steps down to re-experience the excitement of the All Out scrum

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I just speed up the extended dave coughing fits

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
oh no is dave patient 0 for a new SARS again

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The fact that there is a wrestler at a major promotion that pops everytime dave rustles his paper and calls or texts Bryan was a great anecdote.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
bryan and vinny sound like such old men talking about kip sabian

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
"Dave Meltzer joining us today, we've got Dynamite ratings to talk about and the estimated buy-rate - but Dave obviously the important question here is... WHO WOULD WIN IN A REAL FIGHT, CM PUNK OR BOBBY FISH?"

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Bobby Punk or CM Fish.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Let's kick our shoes off, forget about all the drama going on, and just enjoy the bois doing awful JR impressions for 25 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBROZ-p_AeU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
sick comp.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Let's kick our shoes off, forget about all the drama going on, and just enjoy the bois doing awful JR impressions for 25 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBROZ-p_AeU

No offense but do you work for Deadlocked? I never ever hear about this podcast aside in this thread and almost exclusively your posts about it.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
skee whoa

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

thats true, and thats true, and thats for true

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

1glitch0 posted:

No offense but do you work for Deadlocked? I never ever hear about this podcast aside in this thread and almost exclusively your posts about it.

I’m in the pocket of Big Deadlock. They pay me in bratburgers hotdog-style

It’s just that I like the pods humor, I’m eager to share stuff, this forum has a history of watching newlegacy stuff (which is related) and it’s nice to have a break from the endless posting about Dave and Bryan to occasionally laugh at a psychotic Hulk Hogan trying to run Pastamania

This too

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

I’m in the pocket of Big Deadlock. They pay me in bratburgers hotdog-style

It’s just that I like the pods humor, I’m eager to share stuff, this forum has a history of watching newlegacy stuff (which is related) and it’s nice to have a break from the endless posting about Dave and Bryan to occasionally laugh at a psychotic Hulk Hogan trying to run Pastamania

This too

As Forums Thread Leader I have to keep an eye out for shilling. You're free to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

1glitch0 posted:

i post about deadlock all the time scrub