Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

yeah but will they have an alecto one, I haven't bought any hard copies because I want them all to maaaaaaatch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Oh gods, my usual online bookstore has Nona available for order. So tempted to slam that buy button..
Granted, with their free shipping it won't arrive until middle of next week anyway. :v:

Might just get it after I wrapped up a project of mine as a little gift.

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

silvergoose posted:

yeah but will they have an alecto one, I haven't bought any hard copies because I want them all to maaaaaaatch

I'd assume so.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Ornamented Death posted:

If you want a fancy set of trade hard covers, Illumicrate will have their set open for public sale later today.

Already gone :rip:

https://twitter.com/illumicrate/status/1567893571750993922

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Starsnostars posted:

Is there a good recap of Gideon and Harrow? It's been a little while since I read them and I'd like a refresher before next week.

I haven't had the chance to watch this, but this video popped up in my feed. It's almost 2hrs but it looks like she gets pretty in-depth. Also there's charts

Edit: forgot the ding dang link :downs:
https://youtu.be/El8d9_v7mVQ

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Sep 8, 2022

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

They're opening up a waiting list tomorrow.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Starsnostars posted:

Is there a good recap of Gideon and Harrow? It's been a little while since I read them and I'd like a refresher before next week.

- Ianthe ruins everything

There ya go.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Why do we have to be fussy about "release dates" why can't we just have the book it's done I want book give book NYAO plz

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Lol announced, released, and sold out entirely overnight while I was sleeping.
That said, I've got one Illumicrate release and while the design is nice, the paper stock is really low quality. Not sure if this is the same, but I'm always going to be a little suspicious of them. Also I bet those grapes were all really sour anyway.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
It was announced a few weeks ago. There was a presale for Illumicrate customers or people who bought the black bordered Harrow from them.

I got in at 11:00:01 and the site had all but crashed lmao

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

cptn_dr posted:

I'd say it's worth reading As Yet Unsent if you haven't already.

Hey, thanks so much for sharing this. I hadn't seen it before and it actually clears up so much???

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Like who wants to kiss whom, which is the most important kind of question to be answered

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

silvergoose posted:

Like who wants to kiss whom, which is the most important kind of question to be answered

According to my meta-analysis of all the fanfic ever, the answer is, "Yes, but not all at once, except sometimes all at once."

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Every kiss, everywhere, all at once?

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

cptn_dr posted:

Lol announced, released, and sold out entirely overnight while I was sleeping.
That said, I've got one Illumicrate release and while the design is nice, the paper stock is really low quality. Not sure if this is the same, but I'm always going to be a little suspicious of them. Also I bet those grapes were all really sour anyway.

Illumicrate books are just standard trade copies with a signature sheet tipped in (and usually sprayed edges). If there are issues with the paper quality, that falls squarely at the feet of the actual publisher (Tor, in this case).

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
simply hand-scribe your own edition with skull and titte marginalia. once the series is complete, bind it as a single vast volume in leather and bone.

Keret
Aug 26, 2012

Soiled Meat
Pin(s) arrived, just in time for Nona! :woop:

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Got my copy of Nona, thank Jod for local bookstores not caring about official release dates! Sadly I have to be at “work” (?) and cannot read it in one sitting.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

You lucky basterd lol

I preoreded my copy at an indie bookstore near me. Might be a toss-up on if they are hard on the street date or accidentally email me early saying that I can come and pick it up now :tinfoil:

guys it's Nona week

Edit: itshappening.gif

https://twitter.com/Panediting/status/1568328900975149056?s=20&t=YFZpYMK3xthfkK4kULAa-Q

https://twitter.com/indecisivescout/status/1567578470581927937?s=20&t=YFZpYMK3xthfkK4kULAa-Q

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Sep 9, 2022

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/ElixirLibris/status/1568442806037004290?t=PKl1bUi1Kl2WHlQ6NvVlgQ&s=19

Now I've made a drink for every house except the First. Thanks for encouraging this dumb project, friends.

It's only a few days til Nona comes out, and I can't wait for everyone to read it.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

We should agree on some kind of spoiler policy, mayhaps...

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

I'd say black bars for anything specific, and use your best judgement for more general thoughts.
For example, I can say "Yo guys it's really good" without worrying, but would spoiler warning (actual minor spoiler, so be warned) Cows watch the sunset .

And I'd fall on the side of caution for Pyrrha is a stone cold fox.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
"Nona is good" isn't a spoiler and I haven't even read the book yet

It's a basic fact

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Copy secured hell yeah

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Same, just ordered mine. Won't get it until like the week after next because the store's free shipping option comes at the cost of delivery time.
Can't wait. :woop:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

It's extremely good so far.

The big what's going on question is obvious almost instantly if that is worrying anyone spoiler wise

120 pages in It's a new and very adorable personality in harrows body, with Pyrrha dve in lyctor Gideon's body and Camilla/sexpal all hanging out in a decaying city while God talks to harrow in dreams about the events leading up to the resurrection

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

It's also like 200% more kiwi which I am enjoying

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

I keep hoping for a miracle and my Kindle preorder unlocks early. Anyone else already preorder the audiobook? I plan on jumping straight into that once I finish reading it.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I'd be interested in how weird non nz people find John's dream chat because it's making no allowances for non kiwi audiences

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

OK I've secured two copies of the black edge version of Nona.

Tor really hosed up on letting people know this edition was even happening.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

loudog999 posted:

I keep hoping for a miracle and my Kindle preorder unlocks early. Anyone else already preorder the audiobook? I plan on jumping straight into that once I finish reading it.

The audiobook is the only version I ordered since that’s what I have Gideon and Harrow on. I’ll be listening to it at work

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Guys I'm chomping at the bit :bang:

Also, beware browsing tumblr tags, user rosencraz-does-things has been posting super spoilery art for months now. Like, art depicting big reveals with tags mocking people for being upset about Spoilers for a book that most people aren't able to read yet. It's a shame, their art is pretty nice but if that's how they're going be (and able to get ARCs) it might be worth it to block them.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I’m a loser who owns it on Kindle and I’m very sad.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
EDIT: wait I've been seeing it in NZ bookstores but it's apparently not out internationally for a couple of days, holding fire on thoughts for now.

SurreptitiousMuffin fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Sep 10, 2022

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

sebmojo posted:

I'd be interested in how weird non nz people find John's dream chat because it's making no allowances for non kiwi audiences

My absolute favourite line in the whole thing is " Just goes to show that only getting to NCEA Level 2 isn’t going to stop you making waves in life, right. You can still eat steak, talk to wizards, and take down the government."

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Yeah lol

Also use of the word "bagsed" (means dibs)

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Surely "bags" is a word everybody knows, or maybe I just read too much E. Nesbit.

Anyway, a local chain broke street date so I have it, the book is in my hands, and now I must withdraw from the world until I have consumed the Corpus.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Rand Brittain posted:

Surely "bags" is a word everybody knows, or maybe I just read too much E. Nesbit.

Anyway, a local chain broke street date so I have it, the book is in my hands, and now I must withdraw from the world until I have consumed the Corpus.

I only know it from that goddamn wizard Zedd

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

sebmojo posted:

Book done, book rules, and most of the Kiwi references had enough context to understand as an American, though I’m sure I missed nuances. Big question is what the gently caress was going on between Ianthe and Gideon, why do they have friendship bracelets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Rand Brittain posted:

Oh, I thought that was an nz thing! We have a lot of UK cultural borrowing so not surprising if so