Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

How many normal volumes does this cover? And do they keep the SBS?

Each volume is about 200+ page long so, the math works out that it's about 103 volumes aka "All of the ones currently released"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Star Platinum posted:

Real Kuma on Thriller Bark w/ mouth beam

Pacifistas on Sabaody

That last line from Franky definitely reads as a foreshadowing to me now that we know that someone CAN, in fact, create humans from scratch.

idk if i'm like, wholesale inventing this in my head but i was pretty confident we had already literally seen on page that people can be created from scratch with all those vergos

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/natade_art/status/1562991407014760449?s=20&t=jfon7rT-HWSfHw7wqLQ1Sg

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So was giving PX-Hancock snake earrings something that Akaino signed off on, or just a Vegapunk choice? Either way, good decision because I thought we were going kid strawhats without them.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

now that I've re-read this amazing chapter, I understand some comments online where they felt there was a page missing lol

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
my thoughts on boa in all of this

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

tbp posted:

idk if i'm like, wholesale inventing this in my head but i was pretty confident we had already literally seen on page that people can be created from scratch with all those vergos

That's what I was referring to, guess I should have been more specific

Yesss

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
This is a cute thing someone made relating to the new chapter

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/relief_perolist/status/1568436922309308417

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Can you imagine if all these "Draw ____ as a child" doodles were some kinda super long-con foreshadowing

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

The stakes for seeing kid crocodile have never been higher

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Meme Emulator posted:

This seems like a ridiculous thing to do now and not in 5-7 years

Check out my limited edition copy of 3/4ths of One Piece

Yeah, in 7 years you could say,"Check out my 5/7ths of One Piece!"

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Star Platinum posted:

Real Kuma on Thriller Bark w/ mouth beam

Pacifistas on Sabaody

That last line from Franky definitely reads as a foreshadowing to me now that we know that someone CAN, in fact, create humans from scratch.

I miss pre-timeskip Franky's look

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

tbp posted:

You may be thinking of

drat Oda put in a lot of groundwork for the Seraphims

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

blizzardvizard posted:

I miss pre-timeskip Franky's look

I'm not as down on his current look at some, but his pre-timeskip look really was just excellent.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Ohhh. I think I get it.

Luffy's got the creativity fruit.

Blackbeard has the plagiarism fruit.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

MonsterEnvy posted:

All I can think of when I see this image is "Oh, the seraphim are gyaru versions of existing characters."

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I missed this the first time but Hancock seemed to have hung up a giant poster of Luffy's bounty picture in front of her castle :v:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

RC Cola posted:

I finally got box set 1 of one piece! Hell yeah!

Where did you get it from?

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

A couple of the kids from Punk Hazard do look quite a bit like those kid drawings, and the rest with a tweak to the hair color and a few facial features could also line up.

It's a stretch, but oof would that be dark but really good development.

blizzardvizard posted:

I missed this the first time but Hancock seemed to have hung up a giant poster of Luffy's bounty picture in front of her castle :v:

'dawww

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Now I'm imagining a situation where Blackbeard encounters Seraphim Blackbeard.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

LightReaper posted:

The stakes for seeing kid crocodile have never been higher

That was my first thought, haha

e: Heres a new thought:

If the Pacifistas are stronger than thier originals then this might be a way for Zoro to have something to fight after defeating Mihawk. Although I guess its sort of conceptually lame for Zoros fights to go Mihawk -> Mihawk Again

Meme Emulator fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Sep 10, 2022

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Eh?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Meme Emulator posted:

If the Pacifistas are stronger than thier originals then this might be a way for Zoro to have something to fight after defeating Mihawk. Although I guess its sort of conceptually lame for Zoros fights to go Mihawk -> Mihawk Again

I continue to maintain that Zoro isn't going to defeat Mihawk; that ship sailed when he bowed down and pleaded to be trained by him, because he was casting aside his own personal glory for the sake of the crew. Zoro is probably going to fight whoever defeats Mihawk (be that one of Blackbeard's crew or someone tied to the government or nobles), which takes the stakes a little higher and gives some plot relevance to the fight, because what obstacle does Mihawk actually represent at this point in the series, with neither character at odds with each other, Zoro comfortably in the top tier of swordsmen already and Mihawk trying to just get everyone off his back so he can enjoy some peace and quiet?

I think Zoro beating Mihawk, at this point, would feel a lot more hollow than people realise, like the dog that catches the car and isn't sure what to do with it now. It was important to Zoro's growth at one point, but what point does it have now besides checking a box that people are refusing to take off the to-do list?

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
The point is that the fight is going to be cool as poo poo

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The point is he made a promise to his captain and to his best friend.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Yeah I don’t see how you don’t have Mihawk vs Zoro it’s the most built up confrontation in the entire story

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Mocha is NOT PX-Boa, theres no way. First off, theyve been working on the SSG project for two years and Mocha just got delivered to Vegapunk weeks ago in One Piece time

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

It's for sure a stretch, but it's a fun thought.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Zoro vs Mihawk is gonna happen in-story, but I'm not sure it's gonna be shown to the readers necessarily. The way the story's going Cross Guild isn't likely to end up being a major antagonist, especially cos they're not gonna rehash Crocodile as the arc boss. It's probably all Blackbeard and the WG from this point on, so when and how is Zoro vs Mihawk gonna happen on the way to the story's endgame? Defeating Mihawk specifically wasn't Zoro's dream anyway, it was to be the world's greatest swordsman and Mihawk was just a benchmark.

I think they're just gonna have a duel in some remote island off-screen that would last a week or something in the epilogue.

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Sep 10, 2022

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

blizzardvizard posted:

Zoro vs Mihawk is gonna happen in-story, but I'm not sure it's gonna be shown to the readers necessarily.
no way

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Zoro is gonna open his eye and defeat Mihawk in three panels

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mihawk is the worlds greatest swordsman. zoro's dream is to be the worlds greatest swordsman, which means proving yourself stronger than th previous number 1. Also like they've been building it up for a thousand chapters, there's no way oda goes SIKE! NOW IT'S SHILIEW I GUESS

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Fungah! posted:

mihawk is the worlds greatest swordsman. zoro's dream is to be the worlds greatest swordsman, which means proving yourself stronger than th previous number 1. Also like they've been building it up for a thousand chapters, there's no way oda goes SIKE! NOW IT'S SHILIEW I GUESS

there's always the chance mihawk gets worfed

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

blizzardvizard posted:

Zoro vs Mihawk is gonna happen in-story, but I'm not sure it's gonna be shown to the readers necessarily. The way the story's going Cross Guild isn't likely to end up being a major antagonist, especially cos they're not gonna rehash Crocodile as the arc boss. It's probably all Blackbeard and the WG from this point on, so when and how is Zoro vs Mihawk gonna happen on the way to the story's endgame? Defeating Mihawk specifically wasn't Zoro's dream anyway, it was to be the world's greatest swordsman and Mihawk was just a benchmark.

I think they're just gonna have a duel in some remote island off-screen that would last a week or something in the epilogue.

I think we are close to getting past the point where arcs just constitute a single enemy organization that the strawhats have to fight through one by one. We are more likely to get an arc with all the yonkos fighting one another at once over the one piece with the world government clashing against them all in the mix. Think of something less like Enies Lobby and more like Marineford in scope. So whatever happens at the end, Cross Guild is going to be involved in some fashion.

How else will Pirate God Buggy sneak the one piece out of laugh tale at the 11th hour while everyone else is busy fighting.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mihawk could easily ditch everything going on with the crossguild in whatever the finale arc is to just 1v1 zoro mid, it wouldnt be out of character for him at all

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Let’s not discount the idea of Zoro getting such a rep that people start proclaiming him the greatest swordsman and Mihawk comes to seek him out again

Dude doesn’t exactly have a lot going on

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

Fungah! posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if the reason Shiliew got the invisibility fruit was just to shank Mihawk at the last minute and become the new number one, giving Zorro a reason to fight him.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

DeadBonesBrook posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if the reason Shiliew got the invisibility fruit was just to shank Mihawk at the last minute and become the new number one, giving Zorro a reason to fight him.

Sure but if the greatest died by being ganked doesn’t that completely deflate Zoro? Becoming greatest by default seems like anti hype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

zoro defeats mihawk but isnt going to kill him, then mihawk gets stabbed while hes down, i guess? but after beating mihawk shiliew wouldnt really seem like much of a challenge