Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Empty Sandwich posted:

I've got a buddy who does color film development in the ancient singlewide he bought when he was 18

e: the place isn't climate controlled so I have no idea how he adjusts for things

Your "buddy" sounds like a side character in a thriller movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

PainterofCrap posted:

Ekachrome had to be sent to Rochester. Kodak would not share those chemicals with anyone. My Dad shot exclusively in Ektachrome, and stuff he shot in the 1950s looks like it was developed yesterday.

I thought it was the other way around: Lots and lots of labs did Ektachrome in-house, but Kodachrome you had to send your stuff to Kodak.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Phanatic posted:

I thought it was the other way around: Lots and lots of labs did Ektachrome in-house, but Kodachrome you had to send your stuff to Kodak.

Yeah Ektachrome is just E-6 chemistry, and can even be cross-processed in C-41. Kodachrome film can no longer be developed in color at all, since the dye developers were all trade secrets.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

corgski posted:

Yeah Ektachrome is just E-6 chemistry, and can even be cross-processed in C-41. Kodachrome film can no longer be developed in color at all, since the dye developers were all trade secrets.

Well, more or less. Though I guess making new Kodachrome film is even harder, so it's sort of academic.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

canyoneer posted:

This image says "I am NOT going to make another trip to the hardware store for a whole sheet of drywall when I only need a 1x3 section to finish it"

enhance

flip

overlay

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Phanatic posted:

You are correct.

I am old, after all.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

corgski posted:

Mama took my kodachrome away

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Maigius posted:

Did the worst Trading Spaces designer do this?

That’s not Hildi’s style.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Vim Fuego posted:

Your "buddy" sounds like a side character in a thriller movie

Certainly something out of Nope.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Is this loss

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

This implies the follow-up where she burns(?) a bunch of wet stuff with a flame-thrower.

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Platystemon posted:

That’s not Hildi’s style.

If Hildi had done it, the faux fur would have come from the stuffed animals of the homeowner's kids.

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

"Love us with money or we'll hate you with hammers!"
https://lifehacker.com/how-to-paint-upholstery-1849508620

:barf:

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Computer viking posted:

Well, more or less. Though I guess making new Kodachrome film is even harder, so it's sort of academic.

If they ever start selling the chemistry let me know, I have a bunch of that film wasting away in my freezer.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

What
In
The
gently caress

Fabric dye is a thing you idiots. Even comes in spray cans.
“Makes it like leather” my rear end…

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

What in the name of Pinterest is this horseshit

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
It's lifehacker. That is but the tip of the floating turd they'd call an iceberg, made up of random implausible DIY poo poo they paid some copywriter by the word for.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Looks like a house that was subdivided for rental.

I shared a place like that with 4 other guys in grad school.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Oh God I hate it. Interior windowless bedroom. Path through the bathroom to three bedrooms.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Central bedroom has no windows and their route of egress is

hallway
bathroom
bonus room
laundry
outdoor bar?

Presumably they’re behind a fence at this point and have to use a gate. Alternatively, they can continue through the

kitchen
dining area, and
living room, which definitely has a door to the outside.

At least the occupant of that bedroom has their own bathroom and doesn’t have to share a single bathroom that everyone else has to use and half of them also have to walk through to get outside.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Cyrano4747 posted:

Looks like a house that was subdivided for rental.

I shared a place like that with 4 other guys in grad school.

Did you all fight each other to have the one bathroom that didn’t also serve as a hallway to three different bedrooms?

But “outdoor bar larger than any room in the home” does scream college rental.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Oh god the “master bedroom” doesn’t have a door to the garage and also has to exit through that one loving bathroom.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Loving the master bedroom closet that is bumped out into the garage

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Can't access half the house or go outside because someone is using the only bath/shower.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Blue Moonlight posted:

Did you all fight each other to have the one bathroom that didn’t also serve as a hallway to three different bedrooms?

No we didn’t have the communal bathroom hallway, that’s nuts.

We did have one bedroom that you had to walk through the “laundry room” to get to. Scare quotes because I’m pretty sure that was a hallway in the original design and they ripped out the old laundry room to create a second bathroom. Both bathrooms were off the communal living room / kitchen area.

The whole floor plan just has very “college town rental house” vibes with how you can tell they did everting possible to maximize occupancy.

Hedge bet on a family home that was retrofitted to multi-generational after the fact but frankly I’d expect a nicer layout if that was the case.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Blue Moonlight posted:

It kinda looks like a house with a bunch of teenage children maybe? https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/101-E-Linfield-St-Glendora-CA-91740/21641976_zpid/

Edit: Vibe of the house is absolutely college frat until you see that two rooms have cribs in them. Also 100% of the outdoor space is dedicated to drinking and partying.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I looked up the address in Goog maps and honestly have no idea how it's supposed to work. The whole thing is bananas.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I looked up the address in Goog maps and honestly have no idea how it's supposed to work. The whole thing is bananas.

:psyduck:

The outdoor bar is under eaves and not a way to the street. They’ll have to go through those three other rooms.

What is that taller structure (?) against the fenceline abutting Glendora Ave?

e: Streetview has it—just a little shed.

e: That can’t be the same shed. Streetview imagery is old.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Sep 12, 2022

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Platystemon posted:

:psyduck:

The outdoor bar is under eaves and not a way to the street. They’ll have to go through those three other rooms.

What is that taller structure (?) against the fenceline abutting Glendora Ave?

e: Streetview has it—just a little shed.

I'm betting the fence structure is a make-shift shed for the pool equipment. I'm guessing the original floor plan was more like this and the wall with the Red X was probably open to that hallway. Why the hell they would build an addition this way , I have no idea.

Oh, looking at the Zillow pictures, that Red X IS a door after all, they just have an inaccurate floor plan.

primaltrash fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Sep 12, 2022

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

The master bedroom in my 1300-SF Jersey bungalow (almost a shotgun shack) is 12,4x11,8 and it is tiny: cannot put a king bed in it and have any other furniture. My office (which was my son's nursery/bedroom until puberty) is 10x11,4.

Those are some cramped-rear end bedrooms off of the 'bonus room'

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

That floorplan is terrifying. Oh a fire? Well you're all dying. Hope you had a last will and testament, fuckos!

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Imagine bringing someone back to bone in the master bedroom and having to walk through the shitter and your roommate jimmy was just in there taking a giant poo poo after having had some take out from the local Indian place or whatever.

Actually in my first year of college, the place I lived in I had to walk through the shitter to get to/from the bedroom, or livingroom/kitchen.

But it was a one BR and I lived by myself. And being a goon I never brought anyone home with me, to bone or otherwise.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Just go in through the window, duh

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I am reminded of when I was looking for an apartment with a friend right after college 20 years ago. We took a look at a carriage house (whatever the living space above the garage is called) that the owners were looking to rent out. It was an old building that had no outlets in a tiny dining room. And one of the “bedrooms” was an overly large hallway that led to another bedroom and a den type area.

While my friend and I could have probably made it work, we decided it wasn’t going to be worth the hassle living essentially in someone’s backyard and passed on the place.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

brugroffil posted:

Just go in through the window, duh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-9h1pjTP74&t=175s

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

This has a great punchline:

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTR5CnhWv/

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

lmao. the joys of exploratory demolition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

Is it just me or is that breaker panel at a bit of a tilt at the end there?

EDIT: Could be the camera, also looks like the garage floor is sloped toward the door more than I've seen before.