Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

lmao this chapter is amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

symbolic posted:

im losin my fuckin mind

that nd the "what's your type." "GIRLS WHO ARE DESPERATE FOR A BOYFRIEND" into smash cut to denji getting introduced to asa on the rooftop absolutely 100% got me

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

real cool piec e of lore too, with the reason there havent been any real wars in a while being that chainsaw man ate part of the war devil. it makes so much sense!

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Denji is SUCH a loser. Not relatable at all. Sad!

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Denji gamer moment

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fungah! posted:

real cool piec e of lore too, with the reason there havent been any real wars in a while being that chainsaw man ate part of the war devil. it makes so much sense!

yeah, might've been explained in part 1 and it's been so long i forgot, but i've always figured it was an all-or-nothing thing where either you exist or Chainsaw Man eats you and you vanish from the collective subconscious, i never considered that just taking chunks off a devil would cause it to accordingly become less of a presence outside of fiction. also makes sense that the War Devil's real form is so diminutive and nonthreatening when they've lost part of themselves to Chainsaw Man. this manga owns so hard it's almost unfair lmao

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Scholtz posted:

Denji is SUCH a loser. Relatable. Sadder.

Seriously, though. He feels like he's almost back to chapter 1 vis a vis finances and his social life. And without seeing the internal narration and/or what his relationship with Nayuta looks like, it's harder to see growth. We'll see, I suppose.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Fungah! posted:

that nd the "what's your type." "GIRLS WHO ARE DESPERATE FOR A BOYFRIEND" into smash cut to denji getting introduced to asa on the rooftop absolutely 100% got me

:same:

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

cuntman.net posted:

lmao this chapter is amazing

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

it's sick how s1 of the anime isn't out yet and there's already stuff I want to see animated in pt 2

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
the denji stuff is incredible but the war devil punching pillows and throwing a tantrum also owns.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Big Leg posted:

the denji stuff is incredible but the war devil punching pillows and throwing a tantrum also owns.

i think this manga might be good

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I bet War is still sulking and that's why she never popped up while Asa was with Denji.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Electric Phantasm posted:

I bet War is still sulking and that's why she never popped up while Asa was with Denji.

All tuckered out

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
I love how everyone in his class seems to just accept that if you pay Denji 10 yen he'll be your chair. Yep, perfectly normal.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

symbolic posted:

im losin my fuckin mind

SMH, Asa is kink shaming.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

yum posted:

I love how everyone in his class seems to just accept that if you pay Denji 10 yen he'll be your chair. Yep, perfectly normal.

he's desperate and everyone is willing to roll with it

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Denji, my beautiful moron boy

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
I’m now really hoping Denji works to become a better hero just to spite his detractors.

ainda_
Oct 9, 2021

We Are All Us
We will heal the world.
Denji's been reset to the zero sum level of poverty and isolation where the only thing you can do is pick one thing and work at it all the time to stay sane. Wanting to grab a titty got him there before it'll get him there again. (i don't think hes okay)

which like actually tbh it legit seems less like hes primarily horn doggin it off raw teenage hormones at this point and more like he's absolutely desperate for attention of any kind from women. bro is simultaneously getting fin/femdommed here. trying to fill the hole Makima left in his stomach

tho thinkin about it i guess that was always true

ainda_ fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Sep 13, 2022

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
If Chainsaw Man were to eat the Control Devil, what kind of effect would that have on the world?

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Mraagvpeine posted:

If Chainsaw Man were to eat the Control Devil, what kind of effect would that have on the world?

Nayuta

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost
Denji is manga Beavis and that rules

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

chiasaur11 posted:

Seriously, though. He feels like he's almost back to chapter 1 vis a vis finances and his social life. And without seeing the internal narration and/or what his relationship with Nayuta looks like, it's harder to see growth. We'll see, I suppose.

The vibe I get from him here is that he's definitely doing better but he absolutely has not kicked the "I'm in debt to the Yakuza" urge to do anything, literally anything for any amount of money

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Denji: Alright, I wanna set the record straight! Chainsaw man does not eat PEOPLE he ate A PERSON! Once! That's one of the lowest number of humans you can eat!

My theory that Denji + Yoshida = Comedy Gold continues to be proven right. I'm really hoping we get some Persona style slice of life chapters of Denji, Yoshida, Yuko, Yoru, and Asa just hanging out while doing every day high school stuff and being stupid together. Nayuta can come too, she's the group's Nanako.

I think the way Denji is behaving is very much in character with where he was left at the end of part one, and by that I mean he's a teenager who's been through a massive amount of trauma and lost his entire support system. Power is dead, Aki is dead, Makima is dead and before she died she revealed she had never cared about him and tried to kill him, and this was the SECOND time that had happened to him (remember Reze?). He no longer has the job that provided him with a source of income, and High school costs money in Japan and he's supporting himself, his adopted sister, and a pack of dogs. Even if he has money in the bank there's going to be a lot of cost of living expenses with no new money coming in so, of course, he'll be willing to do whatever he can to pick up extra cash. He has no living family and it's been strongly implied he has no friends at school. He has Nayuta, and from what little we've seen she's a positive influence in his life, but as any parent will tell you having a child isn't a substitute for having a relationship with other people your own age. The only time he gets positive validation in his daily life is when he's Chainsaw man. People care about Chainsaw Man, but they don't care so much about Denji, so of course he's eager for people to discover he's Chainsaw Man and leverage that into getting a girlfriend because he doesn't have a lot else going on in his life.

Denji is a lonely dumbass with poor social skills. He's grown from part 1, but he's still not the most emotionally mature or stable person out there. Which, given the life he's lived and is still living, makes sense.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Sep 13, 2022

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

duck.exe posted:

Denji is manga Beavis and that rules

The "He Never Scored" Devil is the most feared of all.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
War will date Denji, never realizing he's the chainsaw man, and Asa will hate every minute of it.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Denji is the kind of person that rises to the occasion and right now the occasion is very low

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

yum posted:

He's a pretty good chair so that's a deal.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It isn't like Denji was ever not a dumbass, but he just became a bit more aware of the people around him because he had spent a lot of time with them. He's now back to basically having nobody (though presumably an adoptive daughter + bucketload of dogs) and so he's having to learn about people all over again.

Also most of his previous friends were batshit insane.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
please be nice to kobeni

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Gonna be real hard for him to disprove he doesn't eat dogs when his house is full of them.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

ImpAtom posted:

It isn't like Denji was ever not a dumbass, but he just became a bit more aware of the people around him because he had spent a lot of time with them. He's now back to basically having nobody (though presumably an adoptive daughter + bucketload of dogs) and so he's having to learn about people all over again.

Also most of his previous friends were batshit insane.

Those dogs are raising that child.

Person Dyslexic
Jul 23, 2007

Nuebot posted:

Chainsaw Man: Some Dogs and Their Boy

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Nuebot posted:

And they’re probably raising Nayuta too.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

how many of denjis meaningful relationships havent ended up with him killing them. right now all I can think of is himeno and I guess reze although that ones sort of of a technicality

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
His revelation against Reze is still one of the things he was most right about.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Gonna be real hard for him to disprove he doesn't eat dogs when his house is full of them.

They're also all named after food.

Makima still haunts Denji's life, even now.

(Between Makima and Reze, any Yoru or Asa relationship is going to have a really high bar to reach to compete with Denji's past relationship disasters. For all the problems they had, there was some great chemistry.)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, his current prospective love interest is eager to turn him into a living, screaming chainsaw and not in the usual way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Shoot, I think you've just hit on the premise of this season; War is going to bully Asa into flirting with Chainsawman, so he can fall in love with her and get weaponized. I look forward to a blood-drenched romcom romp.