Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Yeah it felt more like "If I don't take her powers, the Marines will, and I sure don't want that to happen" than him plotting specifically to take the fruit like he did with the Darkness Darkness Fruit.

I think it’s a mix of this and his dark plans. One thing I took away from this chapter about Hancock’s Devil Fruit is how uniquely deadly it is in a world where common villagers can survive things like being swallowed by a gigantic boar. Hancock revealing that she has to turn them back or they’re as good as dead, even if they give the fruit to someone else, is about the closest we have seen to a fruit that just lets you kill people outright.

Even if Blackbeard gave it to someone nowhere near as attractive, that would have a devastating potential on a battlefield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I convinced my friend to start reading last year, and she made it to around Reverse Mountain before falling off for a pretty long while. She picked it back up sometime last month, and ~30 days ago she was on Chapter 131.

Yesterday she let me know she had passed Chapter 500. One of us. One of us!

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I still think Pudding and Sugar's are some of the more broken fruits. One that can effectively recreate who you are as a person via rewriting your life experiences and another that effectively erases you from existence until the user is incapacitated are both not physically powerful but can totally destroy anyone with little defense against them.

The only reason Luffy is even remembered by anyone is because of Ussop's goofy face.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Eggplant Squire posted:

..another that effectively erases you from existence until the user is incapacitated are both not physically powerful but can totally destroy anyone with little defense against them.

Another devil fruit that is completely countered by the might of Buggy the Clown.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

i dont think the yami yami fruit is anything else, but if it were it would probably be the moon fruit. its intersting going back to the picture of blackbeard as a kid because 2 things are prominent about him: his terrible emotional state, and the giant crescent moon put next to him. with luffy as our sun god bringing a romance dawn to the world, blackbeard as his moon foil makes sense.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Scholtz posted:

Another devil fruit that is completely countered by the might of Buggy the Clown.

You can't factor him into these sorts of things it's not fair

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/TCBScans/status/1569779493686112256?t=zt5G35IWcRm81L6y59fK5w&s=19

How can next chapter be a bigger spoiler warning than the last few chapters. What is oda cooking

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

oda is trying to kill the audience with sustained hype so he doesn't have to finish one piece

stay strong, friends

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

mabels big day posted:

https://twitter.com/TCBScans/status/1569779493686112256?t=zt5G35IWcRm81L6y59fK5w&s=19

How can next chapter be a bigger spoiler warning than the last few chapters. What is oda cooking

I will be refreshing reddit one piece spoilers. I must know. Obviously won't post them because I'm not a monster

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

mabels big day posted:

next chapter: wano act 4

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I'll post them

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Finally

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Thursday is my birthday, please give me the gift of an amazing chapter.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

mabels big day posted:

How do they know 1060 is going to have special juicy spoilers if the spoilers aren't out yet?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Probably seeing leaked pages before the English language spoilers can be compiled

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Eiba posted:

How do they know 1060 is going to have special juicy spoilers if the spoilers aren't out yet?

There are people who know before the usual time. From what I understand they intentionally don’t release spoilers until around Wednesday to avoid backlash from Shonen jump

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Eiba posted:

https://twitter.com/TCBScans/status/1569799153676599296

What I wanna know is how are spoilers out and the most important spoiler, break week or not, isn't the first thing mentioned?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Oda trying a bold new strategy: Luffy gets the One Piece next chapter. Then it's all flashbacks for the next 5 years; manga going dark mode to conserve energy.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Scholtz posted:

https://twitter.com/TCBScans/status/1569799153676599296

What I wanna know is how are spoilers out and the most important spoiler, break week or not, isn't the first thing mentioned?

no break next week

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9ylJNlhkmw

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

rannum posted:

next chapter: wano act 4

no that was black clover 2 weeks ago

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Eggplant Squire posted:

I still think Pudding and Sugar's are some of the more broken fruits. One that can effectively recreate who you are as a person via rewriting your life experiences and another that effectively erases you from existence until the user is incapacitated are both not physically powerful but can totally destroy anyone with little defense against them.

The only reason Luffy is even remembered by anyone is because of Ussop's goofy face.

ah maybe that's why luffy couldn't remember the buggy ball

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Tree Reformat posted:

can't wait for the battle with luffy that reveals stole the slow-slow power

Pre-becoming an Emperor, I can actually legitimately see Blackbeard accepting a Davey Back Fight challenge from Foxy that later cuts back to Blackbeard and his crew sitting on a deserted island cackling because they hosed up and lost their ship.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Jerusalem posted:

Pre-becoming an Emperor, I can actually legitimately see Blackbeard accepting a Davey Back Fight challenge from Foxy that later cuts back to Blackbeard and his crew sitting on a deserted island cackling because they hosed up and lost their ship.

Only because nobody on their crew is cute enough to steal.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Eiichiro_Staff/status/1569891233698562048?s=20&t=E13Pb8N2eZ6xWs3k4Q5ZQw

One Piece hoverboards

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

loving lol

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

:captainpop:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

:perfect:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Lmao

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

And such quick work too.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

One Piece: Goldmine

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

So if we’re missing the Pirate Empress before Boa, could that be Crocodile’s big secret?

It’s pretty hard to think of one that fits him not wanting anyone to know and Ivankov knowing and being able to hold it over Crocodile.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Maybe Crocodile was the previous Pirate Empress?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
that would also mean Ivankov's holding that over Crocoboy and not their gender. which is an easier pill to swallow

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

wanna know more about the skypeia big dog .. maybe there's a cloud full of them...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Youd think crocoboy would have kept his head lower then, instead of beelining to whitebeard getting his rear end kicked then becoming shichibukai