Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's not really a secret. the promo image for part 2 was exactly that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Fungah! posted:

how many of denjis meaningful relationships havent ended up with him killing them. right now all I can think of is himeno and I guess reze although that ones sort of of a technicality

Kishibe and Pochita. Arguably Power.

It's not like Denji had that many friends, so even killing one is statistically significant.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
The best thing about a possible relationship between Yoru/Asa and Denji is that there is a high probability that it will end with Denji having to eat his girlfriend again. :v:

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

High school costs money in Japan

Wait what

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Squidster posted:

Shoot, I think you've just hit on the premise of this season; War is going to bully Asa into flirting with Chainsawman, so he can fall in love with her and get weaponized. I look forward to a blood-drenched romcom romp.

War hasn't discovered yet that Denji doesn't actually know yet what love is.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Japanese high school is optional, requires testing to get into a good school, and isn't automatically state-sponsored. You can get a full ride most of the time without too much effort, at least for public school, but Denji would not know how to navigate the paperwork, I'd think.

Darth TNT posted:

War hasn't discovered yet that Denji doesn't actually know yet what love is.

He knows what love is! He just... has a unique way of expressing it.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
The more we see of Denji being a delightful dipshit in public, the more I fear the other shoe is going to drop and there's going to be some heavy duty pathos going on in his home life, like Nayuta has somehow already aged into a teenager and hates him and she's trained the dogs to try and maul him on sight

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

My theory that Denji + Yoshida = Comedy Gold continues to be proven right. I'm really hoping we get some Persona style slice of life chapters of Denji, Yoshida, Yuko, Yoru, and Asa just hanging out while doing every day high school stuff and being stupid together. Nayuta can come too, she's the group's Nanako.

Persona Protagonist confused why hanging out with their idiot classmate keeps raising Devil social link.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lolling that I was correct about Yoshida playing matchmaker with Asa and Denji. Then realising we’re potentially looking at hayakawa family 2.0

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Yoshida being so prominent makes me worried about him surviving part 2 :ohdear:

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

chiasaur11 posted:

Japanese high school is optional, requires testing to get into a good school, and isn't automatically state-sponsored. You can get a full ride most of the time without too much effort, at least for public school, but Denji would not know how to navigate the paperwork, I'd think.

If the government can afford to hire Yoshida to be his handler, you'd hope they could afford an actual social worker to make sure he gets some help claiming social security, and make sure he has enough life skills not to burn his house down... but given the kind of manga this is, there probably are no social workers.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they are justifiably terrified of denji and sent in what is probably the best living active devil hunter to feel him out.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

If the government can afford to hire Yoshida to be his handler, you'd hope they could afford an actual social worker to make sure he gets some help claiming social security, and make sure he has enough life skills not to burn his house down... but given the kind of manga this is, there probably are no social workers.

Yoshida never said he's working for the government. He said it's not an evil organization like some manga, so it could be the government but we don't know.

Come to think of it, I wonder Chainsaw ate a piece of death too, which is why people seem a little blasé about murderous demons killing tons of people.

LostRook fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Sep 14, 2022

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

OnimaruXLR posted:

The more we see of Denji being a delightful dipshit in public, the more I fear the other shoe is going to drop and there's going to be some heavy duty pathos going on in his home life, like Nayuta has somehow already aged into a teenager and hates him and she's trained the dogs to try and maul him on sight

Okay but that would be hilarious though.

Nayuta: Denji, the dogs and I have been talking and we think it's time you move out.

Denji: What? We've only been living together for like a week.

Nayuta: Alright negotiations have broken down, sic em' boys!

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib
I missed a zero the first time through because I was reading on my phone, but Yoshida just shelled out for over sixteen hours of Denjisitting. I wonder if that's going to prove relevant in the future.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm sure he can get comped for that. he's on the job, after all.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://shonenjumpstore.com/collections/chainsaw-man

Some American merch.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Wonderslug posted:

I missed a zero the first time through because I was reading on my phone, but Yoshida just shelled out for over sixteen hours of Denjisitting. I wonder if that's going to prove relevant in the future.

That’s the standard rate for guys.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I’m curious where Kishibe is in all of this too

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

EmmyOk posted:

I know what character you mean but my brain went to Jojo's Kishibe Rohan instead and the idea of Rohan entering the Chainsaw Man world is too hilarious to ignore now. He'd be so thrilled, so many cool manga ideas.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

symbolic posted:

im losin my fuckin mind

gently caress the bottom right panel killed me, so glad this series is back

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
i'm expecting that there's a good chance that yoshida is working for kishibe

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Kishibe strikes me as the type who stands completely still in a dark cupboard somewhere whenever he doesn’t have devils to kill

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

so am i misunderstanding or are we getting episode one dubbed in english 3 days before it comes out in japan

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I haven’t heard a single thing about a Chainsaw Man dub one way or the other.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

so am i misunderstanding or are we getting episode one dubbed in english 3 days before it comes out in japan

Are you trying to upset me?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

I haven’t heard a single thing about a Chainsaw Man dub one way or the other.

They just announced the dub is going to premier its first episode at NYCC a couple days before the Japanese premier, so episode 1 will be up for streaming at the same time as the subs release.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

EmmyOk posted:

I imagine he has Makima’s job now so he’s super busy

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

chiasaur11 posted:

They just announced the dub is going to premier its first episode at NYCC a couple days before the Japanese premier, so episode 1 will be up for streaming at the same time as the subs release.

Huh, neat. I’m guessing they don’t have a cast list yet?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Looking forward to Denji going on a series of dates with Asa and they keep getting interrupted by devils who want to kill him, but Asa doesn't think Chainsawman is cool so he won't transform cause he doesn't wanna blow his chance to score and we get a zany chase scene instead of a fight.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I can see it in my mind's eye.

Denji likes girls but doesn't know anything about romance (or Asa), so he leafs through some Shoujo manga at a Book Off and cribs all the best-sounding date ideas and Asa hates all of them.

Finally, exasperated, she asks him just to take her someplace he wants to go instead, and they end up watching lobsters fight at a seafood market or something and that's when she falls for him.

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

New trailer just dropped: https://youtu.be/v4yLeNt-kCU

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Every ED will be done by a different artist:

- “ALL KINDS OF KISSES” by ano
- “Fight Song” by eve
- “Deep Down” by Aimer
- “Rendezvous” by Kanaria
- “In the Back Room” by syudou
- “Violence” by Jooubachi (QUEEN BEE)
- “Time Left” by ZUTOMAYO
- “first death” by TK from Ling Tosite Sigure
- “tablet” by TOOBOE
- “CHAINSAW BLOOD” by Vaundy
- “DOGLAND” by PEOPLE 1
- “HAWATARI NIKU CENTI” by Maximum the Hormone

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
So apparently there's gonna be a new ending song for each episode from Aimer, TK from LTS, Eve, Kanaria, Maximum The Hormone, and more

Efb :(

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

So that means only 12 episodes, huh

Also the OP is apparently by the #1 artist in japan rn who also did the second OP for BnHA

Bread Set Jettison fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Sep 19, 2022

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Bread Set Jettison posted:

almost definitely ending on himeno's requiem, yeah

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Also the OP is apparently by the #1 artist in japan rn who also did the second OP for BnHA

Or they only have eds set for one season at a time.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
The ost is gonna be the real poo poo though. That composer is sick and everything I've heard in the trailers has been great.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20Si967iTDk

Official english dub version of last months trailer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I am so pumped for this anime adaptation of the greatest manga of the last decade.