Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
i do presume this is uranus for a multitude of reasons but it really makes me wonder the exact anatomy of the ancient weapons and their relation to the void century. are they just the three chiefest weapons of the time with their ownership and use split, so you potentially had uranus on the side of the twenty kingdoms and say, poseidon on the side of the ancient kingdom? that seems likeliest but it would also be cool if they were all of the ancient kingdom and were in specific response to whatever this superweapon is and uranus is as of yet still an unknown. i can't imagine the alternative is true (all being on the side of the WG) considering the original poseidon's role in fishman island history and relationship with joy boy. i wonder if the WG managed to steal uranus and turn the tide. with some devil fruits also boasting worldly destructive power i'm aggressively curious to learn the details of how that entire conflict played out.

also i will never grow out of uranus.

Violen fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Sep 16, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
ahhhhhhh

one piece

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Waffleman_ posted:

He's pretty clearly seeing and reacting to Big Beam here along with everyone else.

We're all just throwing darts here but Sabo could be on a neighboring island or a ship off the coast which would explain why he's looking off to the side while everyone else is looking up... or it's the usual logia bullshit like everyone else is suggesting and he just turned into flames before the island blew... or he's loving dead lol

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Super Rad posted:

We're all just throwing darts here but Sabo could be on a neighboring island or a ship off the coast which would explain why he's looking off to the side while everyone else is looking up... or it's the usual logia bullshit like everyone else is suggesting and he just turned into flames before the island blew... or he's loving dead lol

I honestly feel like if it's meant to be a misdirect, the initial panel would be given more attention, here it's just cut inbetween other reactions. Also like, that would be kind of...a lame asspull.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It's Bon Clay's final sacrifice...

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Waffleman_ posted:

I honestly feel like if it's meant to be a misdirect, the initial panel would be given more attention, here it's just cut inbetween other reactions. Also like, that would be kind of...a lame asspull.

wouldnt be the first one involving Sabo

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Waffleman_ posted:

So in my theory there's a little bit more setup than just the paneling - the Navy acts surprised that Sabo isn't scrambling his signal which could be because he wanted his call to be intercepted so that Navy can overhear him talking about Imu - if he knows that he's being monitored he could have lied about his location

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Sabo escaped by the skin of his teeth and his proximity to the crime will lead to the dastardly Flame Emperor taking the fall for this terrible event.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
wheres the last supernova to strut their stuff in the new world

mad monk urouge

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
hear me out: the reason we got this display from Imu is because the next island has been wiped off the map

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
The clouds darkening and the pillars of light falling upon the island make me think of a lethal rainstorm or a far more terrifying take on a sun god.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

anime was right posted:

hear me out: the reason we got this display from Imu is because the next island has been wiped off the map

The weather they're in was caused by Big Beam loving up the climate!

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Sabos reaction shot is so good, Sabo in danger and terrified is Good Sabo

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So how long until Luffy remembers a third mysterious brother who gets to show up with the fire fruit and then die :v:

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Nuebot posted:

So how long until Luffy remembers a third mysterious brother who gets to show up with the fire fruit and then die :v:

The stump that Ace/Luffy/Sabo drank the sake cups over was their 4th brother, he didn't eat the stump stump fruit he is just a tree man so he can eat the fire fruit and be a flaming tree man.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

socialsecurity posted:

The stump that Ace/Luffy/Sabo drank the sake cups over was their 4th brother, he didn't eat the stump stump fruit he is just a tree man so he can eat the fire fruit and be a flaming tree man.

Oda's done it again!

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
It turns out that aside from Foosha Village and Class Warfare Town, Luffy also hung out in a third location on Goa Island where he became friends with Stumpy

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I have no idea how even gear five Luffy is meant to stop that.

He'll punch it :hmmyes:

Siliziumleben
Dec 4, 2003

The scientists' findings were astounding! They discovered that the powers of the Metroid might be harnessed for the good of civilization!
If Im didn't want to be seen sitting on the throne, maybe they should just not sit on it

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Super Rad posted:

if he looked straight up his hat would fall off

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Super Rad posted:

We're all just throwing darts here but Sabo could be on a neighboring island or a ship off the coast which would explain why he's looking off to the side while everyone else is looking up...

my gut assumption with that shot was that Sabo was reacting to some commotion just outside of wherever he was hiding. so e.g. Sabo was in some safehouse, the crowd outside saw the clouds darken and looked up to see something happening, the sound of confusion and fear outside is what caused Sabo to look toward the door

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
Yeah, at that angle, Sabo could be looking from off island, or looking at the light coming through a window in a building on the island.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Sabo's in the cabin of a boat off the coast, thinking, "wow, I'm glad I'm not over there!

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
I'm in the camp of Luffy's dream is to explore outer space, especially based on the reactions of the crew. It's also in the chapter where a spaceship (probably) appears. He's even looking up at the sky when he says it.

Coming 2034 - One Piece GT takes the franchise in a bold new direction!

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
hm, thinking about it a little bit, i don't think it is a coincidence that we get a chapter where a Big Hat Shadow does a bunch of evangelion beams and also we get a few panels of chopper also wearing a Big Hat. seems like one of oda's little "hey this is something" things

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

DeadBonesBrook posted:

I'm in the camp of Luffy's dream is to explore outer space, especially based on the reactions of the crew. It's also in the chapter where a spaceship (probably) appears. He's even looking up at the sky when he says it.

Coming 2034 - One Piece GT takes the franchise in a bold new direction!

Finally, Enel makes his grand return

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

tbp posted:

hm, thinking about it a little bit, i don't think it is a coincidence that we get a chapter where a Big Hat Shadow does a bunch of evangelion beams and also we get a few panels of chopper also wearing a Big Hat. seems like one of oda's little "hey this is something" things

reminder that monster chopper looks like the yeti cool brothers and they both wear big hats

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
gently caress this poo poo was good. it actually feels like we're starting a new arc and it's invigorating

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

tbp posted:

this chapter neatly threaded so many ideas from the past 25 years of OP that i feel like nothing is off the table anymore, all the uncertainty of post-wano has been wiped way off the table

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
nobody actually dies in one piece so sabo is obviously hiding underground with pedro and tupac

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

would honestly be on board for Tupac to show up. Oda would find a way.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Reminder that today is "Respect for the Aged Day" in Japan, so official release isn't until tomorrow, so an extra day of keeping everything spoilered.

Old men, running the world. A new age.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

There have to be old one piece fans
This delay disrepects them

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Everyone's wondering how Luffy will defeat the big beam, but we all know he'll just slurp it up like a noodle and then burp a cloud of smoke while saying his iconic catchphrase "That's a Spicy Meat-a-ball!"

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Normally not big on scanlations for OP specifically, but the official translation has apparently been delayed today; whats usually considered the 'best' site around here when it comes to that sort of thing?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Normally not big on scanlations for OP specifically, but the official translation has apparently been delayed today; whats usually considered the 'best' site around here when it comes to that sort of thing?

https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/4283/one-piece-chapter-1060

Here’s the link from a few days ago but it’s just a one day delay to keep parity with the Japanese release since there’s a holiday so you might as well wait if you’re not a scanlaton fan.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Last Celebration posted:

https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/4283/one-piece-chapter-1060

Here’s the link from a few days ago but it’s just a one day delay to keep parity with the Japanese release since there’s a holiday so you might as well wait if you’re not a scanlaton fan.

I've read scanlations before, its mostly a combination of wanting to support the official release, since that's an option in this case, and generally trying to stay in the habit of waiting until Sunday so that I'm not waiting as long during big breaks or holidays. In this case IIRC we're still getting a new chapter at the normal time next week and Viz is already getting my money so I don't see a problem with it.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I usually read both so I’m not judging or anything, you just mentioned you weren’t a fan of scanlations so I just figured you didn’t like the translation quality or whatever.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Do you guys think back in Ohara, if Gorosei figures out beforehand how close the scholars to actually find out about the Void Century, IM would have send down Uranus (I'm calling that thing Uranus until it's proven otherwise), instead of a Buster Call? Because I don't think that Gorosei was expecting Clover to say the name of the Ancient Kingdom when they were talking to him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005
I am so upset at this chapter, Caribou knows what luffy's dream is and I dont