Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
Still rocking my 1070 GTX Ti. I first played Quake 2 with a Voodoo card at 640 x 480 waaay back in 1997, so replaying Quake 2 in 2022 with full ray (path) tracing blew my loving mind.

oh and to stay on track,

butt

coin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

PhazonLink posted:

"You’re unable to view this Tweet because this account owner limits who can view their Tweets. Learn more"

lol at social media that allows you to make you own hugboxes.

That’s weird.

Someone used crypto for crimes… again

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

That’s weird.

Someone used crypto for crimes… again

https://twitter.com/videotech_/status/1571595427077672966

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

PhazonLink posted:

"You’re unable to view this Tweet because this account owner limits who can view their Tweets. Learn more"

lol at social media that allows you to make you own hugboxes.

yeah and they didnt even pay 10 buxs

MassiveSky
Apr 5, 2022

by Hand Knit

Ups_rail posted:

yeah and they didnt even pay 10 buxs

:drat:

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

HOMOEROTIC JESUS posted:

I'm also sure that the dominance of the 1060 adjacent cards has led to PC game developers continuing to make sure these old cards are able to run newer games. Maybe with the latest crypto slump and subsequent GPU dump we'll see newer games require more modern hardware as better cards become more accessible.

It's less about this and more the need to make your games work on consoles. The PS4/XBONE aren't exactly beasts these days. Even the next gen consoles are the basic equivalent of a medium-tier gaming rig.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Developers are also targeting 4K now, so 1080p with reduced settings is going to remain feasible for a while with midrange GPUs.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Ethereum Classic is quickly losing what little market cap it had. All the miners floating about lost at sea out there truly have nowhere to go. You love to see it.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Ethereum Classic is quickly losing what little market cap it had. All the miners floating about lost at sea out there truly have nowhere to go. You love to see it.

They moved into what remains as they fight denial to the bottom.

https://twitter.com/DU09BTC/status/1571478758862852096

edit: we're under 19k and I am not confident we are going back over 20 anytime soon.

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Sep 19, 2022

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

notwithoutmyanus posted:

edit: we're under 19k and I am not confident we are going back over 20 anytime soon.

Under 18.5 and still sliding.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Will be very cool if it doesn’t jump up to 19-20 by the time I wake up tomorrow. I’ll be back in 9 hours.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
It’s mourning the queen ok

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

priznat posted:

It’s mourning the queen ok

It's not mourning! It's passed on! This shitcoin is no more! It has ceased to be! It's expired and gone to meet its maker! It's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! If you hadn't tethered it to the peg it'd be pushing up the daisies! It's hashing processes are now 'istory! It's off the twig! It's kicked the bucket, its shuffled off its mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-SHITCOIN!!

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Sep 19, 2022

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
i understood that reference.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Here's hoping the bottom really drops out. Which this TA clearly predicts. Maybe. I mean it could. Possibly.

It just seems like it's missing flags for Mushroom, Mushroom, and Snake.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
BTC doing well. Hope it keeps this run up.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Yeah, did someone go "dump it"?

Criss-cross
Jun 14, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
But what does this development mean for the rainbow chart?

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

busalover posted:

Yeah, did someone go "dump it"?

Most upward price movements are manipulation and almost all abrupt downward price movements are large cashouts

It took a month to figure out Tesla selling caused the huge crash a couple months ago. For a -$1,500 instant drop some large holder decided to exit last night for whatever reason made sense to them personally. Either concerns with the overall economy or the need to cover some other kind of debt. The drop beyond that is your usual bitcoin selling panic as the bots try to deal with a large drop and anyone concerned about the money they are gambling with sells. The daytraders probably jumped from BTC to Tether to "Ride it out" and are buying back in to increase their stake whenever they think the price has bottomed.

I could be wrong but without the Dow Jones/Nasdaq having a proper multiple-breaker day Bitcoin is probably going to not have a giant 50% loss in value like everyone wants. If this dip is the result of a handful of large owners cashing out then the bots and exchanges will be working overtime to hastily paper over this hole like they have with the last few and billions in mysterious buy orders will go through raising the price $400 at a time until it floats at $20k again. It'll work as long as the cashouts slow or stop.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Descending the stairway to hell. :devil:

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

The Bitcoin Rainbow Chart added a category below Basically A Fire Sale and it's called 1BTC = 1BTC. I wonder what they'll call the next category :lmao:

https://www.blockchaincenter.net/en/bitcoin-rainbow-chart/

normal contact
Mar 19, 2010

chadbear posted:

The Bitcoin Rainbow Chart added a category below Basically A Fire Sale and it's called 1BTC = 1BTC. I wonder what they'll call the next category :lmao:

https://www.blockchaincenter.net/en/bitcoin-rainbow-chart/

Any lower and they'll be out of the visible spectrum...

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Cyrano4747 posted:

It's less about this and more the need to make your games work on consoles. The PS4/XBONE aren't exactly beasts these days. Even the next gen consoles are the basic equivalent of a medium-tier gaming rig.

That and they got major diminishing returns on development. Fancy graffix haven't really been meaning much since the 360/PS3.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
UV band, you can't even see the potential gains.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

normal contact posted:

Any lower and they'll be out of the visible spectrum...

Just keep inventing colours and you can't lose

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Most upward price movements are manipulation and almost all abrupt downward price movements are large cashouts

It took a month to figure out Tesla selling caused the huge crash a couple months ago. For a -$1,500 instant drop some large holder decided to exit last night for whatever reason made sense to them personally. Either concerns with the overall economy or the need to cover some other kind of debt. The drop beyond that is your usual bitcoin selling panic as the bots try to deal with a large drop and anyone concerned about the money they are gambling with sells. The daytraders probably jumped from BTC to Tether to "Ride it out" and are buying back in to increase their stake whenever they think the price has bottomed.

I could be wrong but without the Dow Jones/Nasdaq having a proper multiple-breaker day Bitcoin is probably going to not have a giant 50% loss in value like everyone wants. If this dip is the result of a handful of large owners cashing out then the bots and exchanges will be working overtime to hastily paper over this hole like they have with the last few and billions in mysterious buy orders will go through raising the price $400 at a time until it floats at $20k again. It'll work as long as the cashouts slow or stop.

This is not accurate . There's liquidity pools behind the scenes that do noise algos all day (and cause price to wobble back and forth) so that people aren't seeing real moves. https://www.sfox.com/darkpool/ is an example or https://www.nyse.com/markets/liquidity-programs . Groups like Cumberland and so on manage em. It's why indicators work sometimes and not always.

You can spot large players exiting stocks with options, because that's how they do it. It's quite easy to move 50 or 100m into stocks via options. Same way corporations provide their executives stock options.

When you see a real dump or manipulation pump an example is overnight when prices magically move from a>b with zero trading when the market is closed. Like Spy last week had the worst "gap on 30 something+ years" where it dropped like 3% overnight. But the stock market indices will move because they don't print out of thin air all day.

You won't see the dump for stocks because it'll be in dark pools. When you hear about $5b in dark pools, yeah. This happens on all the big blue chip stocks as well. Crypto? The exact same, gaps are on the BTC1! CME futures chart and the sells are aggregating, the kind of poo poo I showed cryptoquant alerts for where people have exited now close to $6b in crypto since 8/1. Of which only a baby 20m dump today so it'll be slow.

TLDR: doesn't work how you'd think, all this poo poo shows up in options primarily.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I saw this in my Robin Hood email this morning and lol

quote:

Boom earlier, crash later… BNPL giants thrived during the pandemic when interest rates were low and stimmy cash was flowing. BNPL loans jumped from $2B in 2019 to $24B last year (a 12X increase). But as the economy soured and IOUs increased, so did BNPL’s blues:

Gucci to grapes: Mid-pandemic, stimmy-flushed shoppers used BNPL for luxuries like Balenciaga bags. Now 15% of BNPL users are “buying now, paying later” for gas and groceries.

Missed payments: ’Flation-stressed folks are increasingly struggling to pay for necessities up front, and more BNPL users are racking up late fees — and failing to repay their loans.

BNPL is buy now pay later but with hella relaxed rules and regulations.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

MarcusSA posted:

This is the most obnoxious writing style, and I hope the author gets worked over by a croquet mallet by their editor.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...
Still the best comment about chart "analysis".

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Zopotantor posted:

Still the best comment about chart "analysis".

that poo poo sums up bitcoin exactly.

an alien civ could find our ashes and see that image and know exactly what happened.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
the only thing missing is the step where you zoom in and out of the chart until the pattern matches the one you're looking for

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

MarcusSA posted:

this reads like something that one of the business bro parcs and rec characters would have written.

"Stimmy" smdh

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Youtube keep s showing some weirdo who is aping the Cartoon network character johny bravo and its always yelling about the coming crash, calls bitcoin bitcorn.

Keeps promoting a trading course for doing swing trade and keeps zooming in on charts and I NEVER UNDERSTAND WHAT HE S TALKING ABOUT.

If you knew how to make money doing trade why sell a course why not just do trades all day.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Maybe select "Do not recommend channel" next time you see those videos on youtube.

It'll be back in your recommendations in two months, though.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

notwithoutmyanus posted:

This is not accurate . There's liquidity pools behind the scenes that do noise algos all day (and cause price to wobble back and forth) so that people aren't seeing real moves. https://www.sfox.com/darkpool/ is an example or https://www.nyse.com/markets/liquidity-programs . Groups like Cumberland and so on manage em. It's why indicators work sometimes and not always.

You can spot large players exiting stocks with options, because that's how they do it. It's quite easy to move 50 or 100m into stocks via options. Same way corporations provide their executives stock options.

When you see a real dump or manipulation pump an example is overnight when prices magically move from a>b with zero trading when the market is closed. Like Spy last week had the worst "gap on 30 something+ years" where it dropped like 3% overnight. But the stock market indices will move because they don't print out of thin air all day.

You won't see the dump for stocks because it'll be in dark pools. When you hear about $5b in dark pools, yeah. This happens on all the big blue chip stocks as well. Crypto? The exact same, gaps are on the BTC1! CME futures chart and the sells are aggregating, the kind of poo poo I showed cryptoquant alerts for where people have exited now close to $6b in crypto since 8/1. Of which only a baby 20m dump today so it'll be slow.

TLDR: doesn't work how you'd think, all this poo poo shows up in options primarily.

You are taking bitcoin technical analysis seriously

drk
Jan 16, 2005
"full cooperation"

FT posted:

South Korean prosecutors have asked Interpol to issue a red notice against Do Kwon, the co-founder of collapsed cryptocurrency operator Terraform Labs, alleging that he is refusing to co-operate with an investigation into the $40bn implosion of the terraUSD and luna tokens.

The Seoul Southern District Prosecutors’ Office said on Monday that it asked Seoul’s foreign ministry to cancel Kwon’s South Korean passport as he was “obviously on the run and has no intention to appear before us for questioning”.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

drk posted:

"full cooperation"

he said "for any government agency that has shown interest to communicate, we are in full cooperation", and I guess the South Korean government doesn't want to use this as an opportunity to open up a dialog about the future, instead just wanting to arrest him?!? Doesn't sound very communicative to me:thunk:

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Hold it right there Do Kwon! Interpol told me all about you
pfft those guys like... totally hate me

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Rectal Death Adept posted:

You are taking bitcoin technical analysis seriously

notwithoutmyanus is a TA true believer; he just feels that the examples posted in this thread happen to be "wrong" TA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Every TA is true. You only need to know which ones to flip upside down.