Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Oda wants to go touch grass asap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

hatty posted:

Oda wants to go touch grass asap

"And then the One Piece was found by...oh...let's say...Momo"

*Oda flees Japan in a chopper full of money*

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Hasn't Oda said "the story is entering its final chapter" several times since his break after finishing Wano?

Think this twitter post is just echoing that.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Entering vs Entered

We're officially in the next arc after post-Wano cleanup

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
I'm still waiting for the reveal that Urouge is already like 95% close to the One Piece, must be a reason Oda is saving him for last.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I can't believe One Piece is over. Kind of a lot of unfinished business for a final chapter though.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

IceBorg posted:

I'm still waiting for the reveal that Urouge is already like 95% close to the One Piece, must be a reason Oda is saving him for last.

Urouge is One Piece

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
urouge shares 99% of his dna with one piece

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Uroge is apparently from Birka, based on his wings, which is the sky island Enel is from and also destroyed.

Skypia is my favorite arc so I want that all to be relevant. No idea how it will be though. Maybe he's a refugee from that incident and will be friends with Luffy once he learns Luffy finally beat the guy up.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Not saying what just happened wasn't Uranus but it's power seems a bit out of whack compared with what the others can/likely can do.

It sort of comes back to where did enel get the idea/blueprints for the arc maxim from because it doesn't seem likely be or the skypians created it. Maybe this is something similar except built using kizarus power

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Jose posted:

Not saying what just happened wasn't Uranus but it's power seems a bit out of whack compared with what the others can/likely can do.

It sort of comes back to where did enel get the idea/blueprints for the arc maxim from because it doesn't seem likely be or the skypians created it. Maybe this is something similar except built using kizarus power

Pluton is said to also be able destroy an island and Poseidon gives you completely undisputed control over the seas. If you could command the sea kings in a concerted effort, good luck ever travelling across the ocean again.

Uranus being a orbital sky cannon makes sense to me and it also makes sense that’s how the WG wiped out the civilisation they were at war with. It’s the only way total annihilation on that scale could have happened.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I thought it was the ancient kingdoms with superweapons Vs everyone else who became the world government. This is the only/main reason I think what just happened wasn't uranus

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Asuron posted:

Pluton is said to also be able destroy an island and Poseidon gives you completely undisputed control over the seas. If you could command the sea kings in a concerted effort, good luck ever travelling across the ocean again.

Uranus being a orbital sky cannon makes sense to me and it also makes sense that’s how the WG wiped out the civilisation they were at war with. It’s the only way total annihilation on that scale could have happened.

Pluton is supposed to be a warship so potentially the three were made to complement/counter each other

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I'm still a fan of the idea that the Big Egg has something to do with uranus

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Jose posted:

I'm still a fan of the idea that the Big Egg has something to do with uranus

putting on the most mature disposition i have ever worn i agree.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
it's worth noting that luffy's dream has been mentioned before - it was similarly left out of the ace/sabo flashback & it's pretty clearly the same thing that roger said in oden's flashback (that was also left out), as the first we heard of it was shanks saying that luffy had said the same thing as roger

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

lih posted:

it's worth noting that luffy's dream has been mentioned before - it was similarly left out of the ace/sabo flashback & it's pretty clearly the same thing that roger said in oden's flashback (that was also left out), as the first we heard of it was shanks saying that luffy had said the same thing as roger
any excuse to repost this scene from the anime

https://youtu.be/pxF0qWWTpXs

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
i thought shanks' line about luffy saying the same thing as roger was about luffy's declaration he'd become the pirate king

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Violen posted:

i thought shanks' line about luffy saying the same thing as roger was about luffy's declaration he'd become the pirate king
not quite

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Heck, Roger never intended to be a Pirate King. He was surprised when the world started calling him one.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

luffy's dream is to be an absentee father so hard that a woman has to hold her baby in her for two years

edit: luffy's dream is to troll golden lion shiki to death

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

”To get decapitated by a guillotine! That’s what I want… at the end of my dream…”

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I just realized my favorite subtle joke in this chapter on the reread: Chopper almost dies wearing a cold weather hat he doesn’t even need because he’s already a reindeer. He probably doesn’t even need winter clothes at all!

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Heck, Roger never intended to be a Pirate King. He was surprised when the world started calling him one.
Baiting and switching on the Pirate King thing feels like a really smart move by Oda. Whether it's been squeezed in here last-minute or was always the intention, it fits with ideas that have been set up throughout the series about titles and status in the world vs. the reality of a situation (Buggy achieving the same titles as Luffy by misadventure/hijinks is a great contrast). Think it's been known for a long while that Luffy doesn't care for wealth, fame or power and only wants to be the Pirate King because it's an enabler of his real vision, which makes complete sense because he isn't the type of dude to sit on a throne. It's interesting to me that Garp hasn't heard his real dream, because it feels like Luffy doesn't tell many people as it would probably mark him out as Roger's successor. I wanna know how much coaching Shanks did with this kid lol, I feel like he has been setting him up for years to be Gold Roger v2.0.

Cat Machine fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Sep 20, 2022

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Violen posted:

putting on the most mature disposition i have ever worn i agree.

lol

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
i forgot about the oden flashback update lol

which is unforgivable because it means i forgot something from the oden flashback

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Just read a theory that the flying craft that abducted Bege's ship during the post-war arc (back in issue 594) is the same thing that blew up the island. I had completely forgot about those panels.

I love how much a few panels over a decade ago can lead to big things happening now. It's so much fun to see various mysteries coming to light. I can't wait for some of the crew reunions, especially Brook and Laboon.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Havoc904 posted:

Just read a theory that the flying craft that abducted Bege's ship during the post-war arc (back in issue 594) is the same thing that blew up the island. I had completely forgot about those panels.

I love how much a few panels over a decade ago can lead to big things happening now. It's so much fun to see various mysteries coming to light. I can't wait for some of the crew reunions, especially Brook and Laboon.

Was thinking that too, but it's hard to imagine the WG king having an ancient weapon casually flying around attacking small timers. Uranus makes sense coming out now as the WG's power balance is threatened by former Warlords hunting marines, revolutionaries boldly attacking their home turf and Luffy awakening the anti-god fruit. Imu is ready to give an 800 year reminder why he's the king of the world.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Last Celebration posted:

I just realized my favorite subtle joke in this chapter on the reread: Chopper almost dies wearing a cold weather hat he doesn’t even need because he’s already a reindeer. He probably doesn’t even need winter clothes at all!

Do you think Robin keeps sewing cute clothes for him while they sail from island to island

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Sub Harrison posted:

Was thinking that too, but it's hard to imagine the WG king having an ancient weapon casually flying around attacking small timers. Uranus makes sense coming out now as the WG's power balance is threatened by former Warlords hunting marines, revolutionaries boldly attacking their home turf and Luffy awakening the anti-god fruit. Imu is ready to give an 800 year reminder why he's the king of the world.

Yeah, I didn't think it was the strongest theory. I had just completely forgot about that happening, so it adds another mystery that I am looking forward to discovering.

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021

Plutonis posted:

Do you think Robin keeps sewing cute clothes for him while they sail from island to island

She keeps trying, but they always turn out lumpy and weird kinda like Kanjuro's lovely drawings, which just makes the effect even better.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
break next week. not a shocker

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
I’ve started the weird practice of just reading the first line of spoilers to whet my appetite. Looking forward to this chap. :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Plutonis posted:

I know she has a (at least one) set of arms constantly doing that back on the Sunny, even while she's having adventures with the others/doing her archeology stuff.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Jerusalem posted:

I know she has a (at least one) set of arms constantly doing that back on the Sunny, even while she's having adventures with the others/doing her archeology stuff.

At this point for all we know the real Robin has been on the Sunny the whole time and she just always has clones everywhere

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Eiichiro_Staff/status/1572428809751891969?s=20&t=OvJPV7AjSdguuK0S0jc7rw

One Piece Film Red has earned 15 billion yen ($104,276,010) so far.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

I mean the movie's got Blueno, Kalifa, Katakuri, Shanks, Franky cosplaying as Soundwave, Elvis Jinbei, Gene Simmons Usopp.

It's like the greatest hits of all cool things a one piece movie could be. Of course it made all the money.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

I mean the movie's got Blueno, Kalifa, Katakuri, Shanks, Franky cosplaying as Soundwave, Elvis Jinbei, Gene Simmons Usopp.

It's like the greatest hits of all cool things a one piece movie could be. Of course it made all the money.

Well Stampede was also that but it was also kind of a dumb and bad movie, I haven’t seen Red yet but by all accounts it’s an actual good and comptetent movie on top of all the other stuff.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
going to OP opening nights is fun cause you see everything from old to young people all cheering for luffy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

It's like the greatest hits of all cool things a one piece movie could be.