Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Mister Facetious posted:

My only issue with stardew is that there's not enough unique dialogue. I want a farmlife game with Hades levels of different lines.

Every character in Rune Factory 3 and 4 has unique lines for every day of the year, plus event reactions. I'm not sure about 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Mister Facetious posted:

My only issue with stardew is that there's not enough unique dialogue. I want a farmlife game with Hades levels of different lines.

Just give it dark souls combat too and make the perfect game

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
I got a gift card at work for being a Good Boy, and it is worth $50.

Because I'm a well adjusted nearly 40 year old man with a family, I have decided to spend the money on videogames.

Here are my options:

1. Use the $50 to buy Metroid Dread (on sale at WalMart for $48, digital)

2. Use the $50 to buy: Yooka-Laylee Impossible Lair, Kaze, Rise of the Third Power, Death's Door, and a MegaMan Legacy Collection. These are all on sale for roughly $50 in total.

Please, thread, only you can help me.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Get Metroid Dread

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Dred

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

could be wrong but i'm thinking Rise of the Third Power and Death's Door will probably have bigger sales eventually and metroid dread will be $48 on sale for a long time or forever

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Get Metroid Dread

this

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Dread is the Dark Souls of Castlevanias

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

I got a gift card at work for being a Good Boy, and it is worth $50.

Because I'm a well adjusted nearly 40 year old man with a family, I have decided to spend the money on videogames.

Here are my options:

1. Use the $50 to buy Metroid Dread (on sale at WalMart for $48, digital)

2. Use the $50 to buy: Yooka-Laylee Impossible Lair, Kaze, Rise of the Third Power, Death's Door, and a MegaMan Legacy Collection. These are all on sale for roughly $50 in total.

Please, thread, only you can help me.

Thirding, or whatever, Metroid Dread.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Ty

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Upsidads posted:

Dread is the Dark Souls of Castlevanias

Wrong it’s Hollow Knight

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I would like a Stardew where you move three times as fast, have four times the energy by default, and the day is three times as long

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010
How is Mario Strikers? I've always had a slight interest in those games. I'd probably not play a enough on my own.... But I do need to add some games to my Switch to play with the nephews.

Randomly reminds me of how I've always wanted a similar Mario Hockey game with tons of stuff you can do to the ice, slam into the stands, and ability to go behind the net. I'd like more hockey games and it seems like something that could be interesting and fun.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It’s probably fine if your main usage is playing local with friends. The online options are atrocious though.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Wanted to circle back and thank everyone for the recs for games for my husband to play on the plane. We're leaving early tomorrow. He's been happily playing Cities Skylines this week, and he also has Project Highrise, Two-Point Hosptial, and Roller Coaster Tycoon.

He should be set! Thanks goons. :tipshat:

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Cities: Skylines will suck you in right quick, the first time I played it (on PC, but still) I started a bit after dinner time and next thing I knew the sun was coming up

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Oneshot is out and that's a pretty well-regarded indie from when it was on PC if you're into that kinda thing

fyi it's a somewhat metafictional game in a virtual computer desktop environment thing so a bit like Hypnospace, you might want to play in touchscreen mode because otherwise it has a fucky control setup of right stick controlling the cursor

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I would like a Stardew where you move three times as fast, have four times the energy by default, and the day is three times as long

I do kinda miss when the older Harvest Moon games would only advance time when you were outside...it stopped when you were in buildings or in the mine. I do feel they kinda balanced it out as the series(s) went on though, as now time passes a bit slower but progresses no matter where you are.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Read After Burning posted:

I do kinda miss when the older Harvest Moon games would only advance time when you were outside...it stopped when you were in buildings or in the mine. I do feel they kinda balanced it out as the series(s) went on though, as now time passes a bit slower but progresses no matter where you are.

You should try Littlewood; whether it's day/evening/night is directly based on your remaining stamina metre, so it doesn't progress unless you do work.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
https://twitter.com/NY_Comic_Con/status/1572979063656005632

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i will not be watching that

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Can't wait for a teaser trailer that consists only of a slow pan of an image and the official title.

48 Hour Boner
May 26, 2005

I think something's wrong with this thing

I can't believe Mario is loving dead.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Mario+Rabbids+Minions, the final Showdown

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Chris Pratt as Mario: Mother mia!!

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

MaxDuo posted:

How is Mario Strikers? I've always had a slight interest in those games. I'd probably not play a enough on my own.... But I do need to add some games to my Switch to play with the nephews.

Randomly reminds me of how I've always wanted a similar Mario Hockey game with tons of stuff you can do to the ice, slam into the stands, and ability to go behind the net. I'd like more hockey games and it seems like something that could be interesting and fun.

If you're doing local multiplayer, it's probably fine. The GameCube and Wii versions of the game are way better though. This one was not fun for me playing mostly online.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i will not be watching that

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I will check out clips from the Mario movie of Toad and Bowser, as I like Keegan-Michael Key and Jack Black. :colbert:

Mister Facetious posted:

You should try Littlewood; whether it's day/evening/night is directly based on your remaining stamina metre, so it doesn't progress unless you do work.

It's on my Switch wishlist, thank you for reminding me!

I for one love my farming game machine. :kiddo:

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Do you guys things the movie will be an origin story? Because then it would have to start with mario world 2

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Do you guys things the movie will be an origin story? Because then it would have to start with mario world 2

I guarantee you it'll do the Ryan Reynolds "You're probably wondering how i ended up here", followed by a five minute montage of all the mainline games.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

It should be a shot-for-shot remake of the 1993 movie.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I fell off the AC wagon over a year ago and I keep thinking about going back but I’m scared to because I don’t want my animals mad at me :(

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I fell off the AC wagon over a year ago and I keep thinking about going back but I’m scared to because I don’t want my animals mad at me :(

Once you're gone long enough the animals switch from "where the hell were you!??!?" mode into "oh hey, you're back! what up" mode.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

The Merkinman posted:

Can't wait for a teaser trailer that consists only of a slow pan of an image and the official title.

Imagine working on this movie while constantly looking over your shoulder at Miyamoto, arms crossed behind his back, standing motionless in the corner, smiling at you the entire time

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Well, I did it. Finally bought Smash Bros. even though I'm only going to play single player and own my children. Looked at a Smash for Beginners video and said naw gently caress that.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I've got no real horse in the race since I don't care about the movie, but I'll always be perplexed as to why Charles Martinet was not cast as Mario's voice actor by default, and replaced with Crisp Rat, no less.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Seriously, they really did Martinet dirty on this one. Maybe he just didn’t want the role?

Hearing Mario have dialogue will be weird, but lol imagine if there’s ever a Zelda movie/series and they give Link dialogue

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
ExcuuUUUUuuuuuse me Tingle!

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2hIUzrY0Y4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Mods could probably all do that easily enough, but I suppose that wouldn't be much good if you want it on switch.

At the same time, you basically get to that point after awhile. You end up with with a supply of food for more then enough energy, and you hit a point where enough stuff manages itself that you start going to bed early to move things along. (Which maybe is a bit too real....) The only thing you don't really get is faster movement, I think.