Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Eiba posted:

I hope the final battle this arc is a giant robot fight where the crew works together like the Oars fight.

This time Pirate Docking fails because instead of one member refusing to be a part, Luffy demands to be every part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stuffguyman
Jun 3, 2007
Okay, yeah, this chapter is all well and good, but seriously, where's Smoker already?

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Where's my cool friend Smoker?

Tashigi's here and all these Sword guys. My man's gotta be around.

:hmmyes:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Agreed that this arc seems like it'll be designed to showcase Franky a bit more, which is well overdue.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Will Franky and Vegapunk be the hot new ship?

Things I thought I'd never say about One Piece for $400

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Waffleman_ posted:

Will Franky and Vegapunk be the hot new ship?

Things I thought I'd never say about One Piece for $400

Not until they dock.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
its vegapunk

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
all of the theories in this thread are very compelling, but its vegapunk

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Vegapunk actually making an appearance in the comic is simply too far-fetched for me. This has to be a clone of a robot from the future.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Classic mistranslation, this character is actually Vegapunk's subordinate Balrogpunk.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Can Of Worms posted:

Classic mistranslation, this character is actually Vegapunk's subordinate Balrogpunk.

The will of M. (Bison)

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Stuffguyman posted:

Okay, yeah, this chapter is all well and good, but seriously, where's Smoker already?

:hmmyes:

smoker is boring and he’s completely outclassed. It’s time for more heavy hitters, why should we care about smoker?

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Ubiquitus posted:

smoker is boring and he’s completely outclassed. It’s time for more heavy hitters, why should we care about smoker?

because his pants hunger for more

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ubiquitus posted:

i'd bet dollars to donuts smoker is stronger than every other marine shown in this chapter but we still spend time with them

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Can Of Worms posted:

vega in street fighter is known for having a bunch of teenage women for clones so he can put his soul in them when his current body deteriorates.

anyway, just saying that for no reason.

oh and they're called dolls. there's a character named Doll introduced this chapter.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Warning: The following speculation is based entirely on the fact that Vegapunk is blonde. Theres nothing else to it.

Does anyone else think Vegapunk looks sort of like Sora? If this Punk 02 is Vegapunks granddaughter then maybe Sora was a daughter (and Id personally think in this case that Punk 02s parent is someone else completely, so Vegapunk had more than one kid)

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
So Luffy describes Gear V as being ”totally free”. That’s pretty interesting.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ubiquitus posted:

Because he's very cool. Fought Luffy several times and was winning every fight.

Nobody else has that kinda w/l record against the protag!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ManSedan posted:

Hell yeah it is

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

ManSedan posted:

Luffy gets his chest caved in by Kaido: “wow I feel really free now!”

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

ManSedan posted:

Luffy has to go Gear 5 by not wearing underwear under his shorts

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Gear 5 confirmed to be freeballin’

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Gear 5 confirmed to be freeballin’

No that's Gear X(pronounced Diez)

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Because he's very cool. Fought Luffy several times and was winning every fight.

Nobody else has that kinda w/l record against the protag!

yeah but basically forfeited at punk hazard because he knew luffy would fold him

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Smoker is really cool because he's known Luffy since near the start of his adventure and he's got a kind of respect for Luffy while still being a powerful antagonist. He's a good guy who is willing to tell his superiors to eat poo poo when they're doing something underhanded. Smoker is awesome and the reason Smoker isn't in this chapter is to have him show up in an even cooler scene later.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I hope this is another arc where Smoker teams up with Luffy. Those are always fun.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

thinking about how tight it's going to be when Luffy's assaulting the WG HQ and everyone who respects him with the Navy is like, "keep goin pimp. get his rear end"

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Eiba posted:

Smoker is really cool because he's known Luffy since near the start of his adventure and he's got a kind of respect for Luffy while still being a powerful antagonist. He's a good guy who is willing to tell his superiors to eat poo poo when they're doing something underhanded. Smoker is awesome and the reason Smoker isn't in this chapter is to have him show up in an even cooler scene later.
I'd say Smoker is to Luffy as Garp was to Roger but Luffy has probably completely forgotten who Smoker is for a third time

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

WHAT!!!!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Smoker rules, reread Punk Hazard and really appreciated this moment he had with Luffy.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Tampa Bae fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Sep 25, 2022

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Edit: Nevermind

Larryb fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Sep 25, 2022

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Tampa Bae fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Sep 25, 2022

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Thanks

Julias fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Sep 25, 2022

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

I looked at Zepia's post and they used the timg tag but it didn't shrink, idk if that's a browser problem, a host issue, or a SA issue. I think that's what was screwing with me

I am legitimate sorry Zep, I accused you of something because I can't read

Julias if you can edit yours too nobody will know any better

Tampa Bae fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Sep 25, 2022

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
My bad was phone posting so my tagging was wonky.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

BoosterDuck posted:

yeah but basically forfeited at punk hazard because he knew luffy would fold him

Sure, but consider that I have forgotten most of what happened in Punk Hazard. So to me Smoker is still 2 and 0 against Straw Hat Luffy.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Interesting that everyone else is like Fighter or Member of the Donquixote Pirates and Baby 5 is Servant.

Maybe a hint to what Lao G says about her being convenient and then implicitly thinking of her as a lesser officer than the rest?

Though only Lao G was like that from my reread.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also I was in Japan for 5 days until like 3 hours, and watched Film Red twice during my stay.

1. The film loving rules.
2. Why is JP cinema so loving expensive? IMAX cost JPY 2500 and M4DX cost JPY 3100.
3. The film loving rules.
4. I love Uta and Ado so much.
5. Seriously the movie rules.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Man, I still don't get what Baby 5's deal was. Other than Oda wanted to draw a sexy maid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Also I was in Japan for 5 days until like 3 hours, and watched Film Red twice during my stay.

1. The film loving rules.
2. Why is JP cinema so loving expensive? IMAX cost JPY 2500 and M4DX cost JPY 3100.
3. The film loving rules.
4. I love Uta and Ado so much.
5. Seriously the movie rules.

I am excited to watch it in several months.