Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Plutonis posted:

lmfao the new chainsawman

it's too fuckin good. i almost feel spoiled having part 2 run concurrent to the anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Plutonis posted:

lmfao the new chainsawman

th like four pages before that where yuko tells asa she killed that guy nd she sits there not saying a word. this manga's too good

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

2 weeks to the anime!!!!!

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

please keep ramping up the insanity in a high school setting

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021
I'm really biased towards edgerunners for being a flcl/dead leaves hybrid adaptation of a setting I really like. But chainsawman is probably going to outshine it for me. It's so good.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm sure chainsaw man will blow my entire rear end off, but I finished watched Edgerunners today and really liked it. Anyway I patched Cyberpunk on my Xbox because of it lol.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

The show got me to finally start my replay of the game that I had been holding off until the expansion comes out. As someone who loved and defended the game since day one it’s been cool to see it get this reappraisal based off just how kickass the anime was. I wonder if they’ll make more seasons, I respect a show that’s just one-and-done and doesn’t stretch itself too far but I also think it could work if they make it like an anthology thing where there’s no character or story crossover between seasons, just a series of different stories in Night City

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I’m looking forward to the payoff when is proven correct about Denji being chainsaw man

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

EmmyOk posted:

I’m looking forward to the payoff when is proven correct about Denji being chainsaw man

I knew that from the beginning.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I meant when war is proven correct :negative:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

que sera sera posted:

I knew that from the beginning.

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I got the tude now posted:

Have you posted anything you’ve made yet?

Here’s the first pair of tongs I tried to make a couple months ago but they’ve only been good for using as a roach clip lol.

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021
that's cool

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX2I8KgV4SQ :black101:

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

gently caress yeah dude

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Wormskull posted:

I been addicted to the album Have Moicy! lately.

It's one of the GOATs. If you like folkier stuff too, the holy modal rounders stuff from the 60s is great

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

It's one of the GOATs. If you like folkier stuff too, the holy modal rounders stuff from the 60s is great

Yea it’s become probably my favorite ever.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

rewatched the Big Lebowski over the weekend and also a movie called The Kid Detective which starred Adam Brody and was surprisingly good

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

rewatched blade runner and watched the the new one before they left netflix because edgerunners had me craving more of the same kind of thing. original is great as always but I found myself liking the new one a lot more than I thought I would, a lot of moments with creeping dread that I found worked for me. however, it is too drat long and leto's character was a flop for me.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Yea it’s become probably my favorite ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjU83jXqzVg

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Sleng Teng posted:

rewatched blade runner and watched the the new one before they left netflix because edgerunners had me craving more of the same kind of thing. original is great as always but I found myself liking the new one a lot more than I thought I would, a lot of moments with creeping dread that I found worked for me. however, it is too drat long and leto's character was a flop for me.

the soundtrack of 2049 really works well with that creeping dread part and agree about Leto.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

BR2049 kicks rear end but Leto sucks. He should stop being in movies

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

He is so bad. Audibly groaned when he appeared on screen because I had no idea he was in the movie lol.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

emphatically this

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

That part was originally written with David Bowie in mind, casting Leto in it is just bizarre

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Fortaleza posted:

That part was originally written with David Bowie in mind, casting Leto in it is just bizarre

This fact gives me psychic damage when I think about it, but I don't think the weird mystic guru character would have worked that well for the film even if it was Bowie. Didn't really feel related to the rest of the film but it was a cool mood piece that went on too long. Like most of the film lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

absolutely this, he sucks poo poo 100% of the time

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

We watched a Denzel Washington movie a few months ago called The Little Things which sucked rear end but Jared Leto was cartoonishly bad in it. Also Rami Malek was overacting like crazy and sucked as well

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I hope Dune pt 2 is full of gorgeous scenes that go on too long and it's like 4 hours

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Fortaleza posted:

I hope Dune pt 2 is full of gorgeous scenes that go on too long and it's like 4 hours

this

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fortaleza posted:

absolutely this

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Fortaleza posted:

Having not seen the first one yet: absolutely.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fortaleza posted:

:hai:

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Here’s the first pair of tongs I tried to make a couple months ago but they’ve only been good for using as a roach clip lol.

Badass lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/burchy_boy_/status/1574829607039033344?s=46&t=UTSMB0jW5PACgd6goPC22g