Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I’m going to forge tomorrow morning, weather permitting. lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Here’s the first pair of tongs I tried to make a couple months ago but they’ve only been good for using as a roach clip lol.

You could use it to tweeze off your nuts.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You could use it to tweeze off your nuts.

I already did. Next.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Wormskull posted:

I’m going to forge tomorrow morning, weather permitting. lmfao

Stay safe brother

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Wormskull posted:

Here’s the first pair of tongs I tried to make a couple months ago but they’ve only been good for using as a roach clip lol.

this is cool

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Fortaleza posted:

I hope Dune pt 2 is full of gorgeous scenes that go on too long and it's like 4 hours

I just hope the visions/dreams don’t look like unreal engine tech demos this time, especially since there’s a lot more of them

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

paul + ringo ftw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6QJioezlAo

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

lol youtube just recommended this to me yesterday too. Paul goes pretty weird on Little Child

Nowhere Man is probably my favorite Beatles bassline that I had never appreciated until I saw a random video about it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo-Yb1Pd-yM

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

RIP Coolio
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPO76Jlnz6c

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

gently caress. Memories of rapping this song in offbrand JNCOs at my elementary school talent show.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

https://twitter.com/alyankovic/status/1575312521497452546?s=46&t=ashzcWyOd64Jfs8roRdIqQ

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
One of my best friends I met in a kitchen made mussels for coolio and coolio called him out to personally compliment him. Honorary chef status forever

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

gently caress, this one hurts. I got to meet him when I was working a really lovely bellhop job, he stayed there one night for a gig and he was incredibly cool and gracious to everyone. spent a lot of time hanging out with the staff and just chilling, no pretension or ego at all. genuine legend, RIP

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
need a good horror book for october, last horror read was between two fires and i dunno if anything will top it for quite some time

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Nutmeg posted:

need a good horror book for october, last horror read was between two fires and i dunno if anything will top it for quite some time

have you heard of stephen king

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Nutmeg posted:

Ever read any Michael McDowell?
Cold Moon Over Babylon and Blackwater are two of the greatest Southern Gothic novels of all time.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Nutmeg posted:

the troop for some good body horror

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

a Loving Dog posted:

the troop for some good body horror

just read that one too. lent it to a friend and she said she was revolted, ftw

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Cold Moon Over Babylon and Blackwater are two of the greatest Southern Gothic novels of all time.

hmm ill look into them ty

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Seconding McDowell, Cold Moon Over Babylon was my favorite horror novel before I read Between Two Fires. I still need to read Blackwater though, maybe that will be my October read.

Was also thinking of rereading The Haunting of Hill House, that one always haunts me for a while afterward.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Nutmeg posted:

junji ito's my go to october readin, i reread uzumaki about a week before halloween every year

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

been lovin some cowboy horror lately, lol
this one pwns: short story Brian Evenson's Black Bark (audio version in this free promo collection or separate dl)
and currently on Deadman's Road by Joe R. Lansdale (zombie deadwoodish) and Evenson's Collapse of Horses, and then added Blood Meridian to the future reading list

Conrad_Birdie posted:

got Cold Moon recently, stoked

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Seconding anything by Brian Evanson

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Seconding anything by Brian Evanson

woot, I'm loving his stuff so far

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Blood meridian is t he most grotesque action contrasted with the most beautiful prose I’ve ever read

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Seconding McDowell, have only read The Amulet but really liked it

I'm going to read the illustrated Gormenghast trilogy by Mervyn Peake before Halloween

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Blood Meridian is one of the best books I've ever read and I hope I never read it again

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I still remember a great moment in Blood Meridian where another horrible massacre or whatever was being described in loving detail and I kind of rolled my eyes and was like OK, we've done this already, it's getting routine, followed immediately by "oh"

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I made a second tongs and their much better. I binged another blacksmithing show on History called Iron & Fire. It’s sort of informative but mostly it’s about some guy being a redneck. He has a hillbilly buddy who’s pretty funny. And I’m back in that Forged in Fire hole of course. Season 6 almost over.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Blood Meridian is tied with Moby Dick for me. And it’s the best cowboy thing there is probably.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
think im going to rewatch justified

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hype.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Wormskull posted:

Blood Meridian is tied with Moby Dick for me. And it’s the best cowboy thing there is probably.

Moby dick kicks so much rear end

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
stuck inside during hurricane rewatching justified and its still probably the best tv show ever made. incredible how well they captured not just elmore leonards style but his structure too. and every cast member rules as well

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I started watching evangalion for the first time because somehow all the movies and episodes are on Japanese Netflix and prime video with subtitles (which is rare). The tone is so loving somber lol. I thought it was gonna be robot fights non stop with my favourite guys from all the memes.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Evangelion rules. Been thinking it's almost time for a rewatch myself. Enjoy :cheers:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I started watching evangalion for the first time because somehow all the movies and episodes are on Japanese Netflix and prime video with subtitles (which is rare). The tone is so loving somber lol. I thought it was gonna be robot fights non stop with my favourite guys from all the memes.

lol extremely familiar experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Evangelion ftw