Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Scholtz posted:

Quick, everyone name the arc we're currently on while hardly knowing anything about it.

You are not allowed to call it the Egg-head Island arc that's boring

The Future Lab Arc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Scholtz posted:

Quick, everyone name the arc we're currently on while hardly knowing anything about it.

Gattai Arc
https://i.imgur.com/jWSq8RV.mp4

Hype for upcoming Franky x Vega Punk robo shenanigans.

We're finally gonna see Big Emperor in full
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G0dahUF_X4

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Future's Future's Future Arc

Gyges posted:

It is interesting how Luffy's protagonist heroics are fundamentally different than the norm in myth/folklore/literature/entertainment. Normally the hero comes in, defeats the evil tyrant, and then fixes everything because they are on a mission from Good or turn out to be the mythic Philosopher King. Luffy instead is interested only in facilitating the people fixing their own problems, and is uncaring of what the people finally decide is right. As long as there is a party and his new friend(s) are fine he doesn't care if the people reinstate the monarchy or form a communist collective.

The lie of benevolent outside actors with no alternative agenda or expectation is made true in our Straw Boy.
There's a precedent for this, it's an archetype known as a catalyst hero. With their character already complete, their role is to facilitate the growth and healing of others.

Amante fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Oct 5, 2022

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4

Scholtz posted:

Franky Rescue Team Arc.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

They are coming out of this arc with the ability to turn the Sunny into a mech and/or spaceship, believe it

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Scholtz posted:

The arc is almost certainly not taking place on Future Island Egghead. The Strawhats and some of SWORD are probably going to team up to save Colby, so it's going to be Pirate Island Arc, Rocky Port Arc, or whichever island they end up fighting at instead.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh my loving god.

He's like the sun.

Forget Oda, READERS KNEW.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

God I seriously wish chapters were easier to navigate on the SJ app. Like, separate the chapters by 50/100 chapters like they do on the Manga+ app and add the fuckin' titles or something, I have to rely on the Fandom wiki to figure out what chapter was what while using the app. Makes searching for specific scenes a pain in the rear end.

I get enraged every time I try to just read it online - the search functionality is really useless. Good luck if it's not a hot new chapter and front and center on the collections they show.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Oh my loving god.

He's like the sun.

Forget Oda, READERS KNEW.

Never noticed before but the straw hat makes a little sun behind his head like a medieval jesus painting.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
IIrC Oda has said that skypeia (not my favorite arc btw) was supposed to be a fractal of the whole story. And he was the chosen one vs enel due to rubber v lightning.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Given how OP the lightning fruit is, do wonder if we'll get an indication of who had it before Enel.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Hey, what chapters did the last episode of the One Piece anime cover? How close is the anime to showing Gear 5?

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
gently caress gear 5 I wanna see the shock wille and damned punk

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Hey, what chapters did the last episode of the One Piece anime cover? How close is the anime to showing Gear 5?

Like a year away from Gear 5 at the rate it's going.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

The anime just finished ch 1014 last ep, so 30 chapters away, which given the anime's recent pacing and use of recap episodes is likely 10-12 months away

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Meanwhile we finally get a new chapter tomorrow!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm hype for the inevitable Franky nonsense this arc is going to involve :allears:

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Infinitum posted:

I'm hype for the inevitable Franky nonsense this arc is going to involve :allears:

:haibrow:

I'm excited for an info dump / breather arc before we get into the race to Laugh Tale. we still don't know where the last poneglyph is but super scientist Vegapunk has built a dragon rock radar to help us find it

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Infinitum posted:

It would be really cool if we got a new franky design.

That was just his old design.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

No, he needs to be a new Jim Carrey character

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
i want to see more giants robots hit things and shoot lasers

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I'm also fine if Franky keeps the new bulkiness but has a synthetic skin/body over it, which is probably the best I can hope for at this point. The exposed mechanical parts just look really awkward and also not particularly interesting, they're just spheres and blocks

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I would like him to keep his Blaster cosplay from One Piece Film Red

"Look out and shout! Ow!"

God imagine if he went full Headmaster with the Thousand Sunny to take on Sanjuan Wolf :allears:

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Spindle nipples.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Eiba posted:

Spindle nipples.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUVyvD4d-dQ

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Infinitum posted:

I would like him to keep his Blaster cosplay from One Piece Film Red

"Look out and shout! Ow!"

God imagine if he went full Headmaster with the Thousand Sunny to take on Sanjuan Wolf :allears:

Straw hats, superior
Blackbeard, inferior

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Nuebot posted:

It would be really cool if we got a new franky design.

That was just his old design.

*Oda dusts off his female Franky design from an old SBS*

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Can Of Worms posted:

*Oda dusts off his female Franky design from an old SBS*

:sickos:

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Gimme a chap doc. I’m hurtin bad

PirateZim
Apr 24, 2005

Scholtz posted:

Vegapunk 2077 (named after the year it finally ends)

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Big Hat Arc

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i42zSqdOl3s

Alabasta trailer for the new OP game

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Terper posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i42zSqdOl3s

Alabasta trailer for the new OP game

Wait this is following the story of OP? I thought the crew went to some island and got depowered and spent the whole game there from level 1

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Meme Emulator posted:

Wait this is following the story of OP? I thought the crew went to some island and got depowered and spent the whole game there from level 1
Yeah but they also ~visit places from their memories~, you can tell by the trailer that it's not them being there the first time, they remember everything

e: people are speculating by some imagery in the trailer that other potential memories will be Enies Lobby and Skypiea

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's Unlimited World Red all over again

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Man the alabasta arc was so good. I'm enjoying seeing blackbeard being set up.

Also lol at Vivi's first appearance being trying to murder laboon

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/LeeandLie/status/1578048310354489344?t=K3Y76FD1owjvfKNoJn64PA&s=19

Okay, this is probably pretty good casting

Also confirmation of dubbed songs, but AmaLee is probably the best person they could get.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

She was already a character in the show a while back (she was Otohime), but that's about as good as you could hope for. Still probably gonna see it subbed for Ado.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Oh heck yeah, now I get to watch it twice…when it comes out on Blu-Ray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
drat that's pretty huge, glad for AmaLee, I used to love listening to her English covers of songs on YouTube.