Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I stopped by a new asian grocery store on the way home from work and bought some sparkling water and I am disappointed that Goku got orange flavor while Nami got mango flavor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/TCBScans/status/1578190954888302592?s=20&t=ocfq_sygF4JZoeivyBjGEQ

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
im holding my breath until the new one piece chapter is out

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Violen posted:

im holding my breath until the new one piece chapter is out

Was nice knowing you friend, hope you're reading One Piece in Skypiea now.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
:rip:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Was nice knowing you friend, hope you're reading One Piece in Skypiea now.

personally hope they're reading it in impel down :twisted:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Anyways here's the chapter https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/4302/one-piece-chapter-1062

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I WAS RIGHT ABOUT VEGAPUNK BEING HIS ENTIRE RESEARCH STAFF

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005
Getting a One Piece tattoo, first session got the first 3 done, going for the whole current on ship crew, and the Sunny behind them. long way to go.

see spoilers for pics :

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
nice tats, also epic chapter

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Odas just completely off the reins
just so incredibly dense with information i cant even start

Luccis back?! And hes....growing a Conscience???

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
there's so much to dissect in this chapter it's crazy.

one thing i want to highlight because there's potential for it to be relevant later

technology that allows for you to interact with and touch light...wonder if there's a certain admiral who this would be useful for taking care of

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
pasta machine is BACK, baby!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Julias posted:

there's so much to dissect in this chapter it's crazy.

one thing i want to highlight because there's potential for it to be relevant later

technology that allows for you to interact with and touch light...wonder if there's a certain admiral who this would be useful for taking care of

Enel comes back only for everyone to have those gloves equipped

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Enies Lobby
Round 2
Fight

:allears:

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
What the hell did Vegapunk do to convince the WG to kill him?! He’s behind so much of their military power at this point. Seems suicidal to end that partnership

That said, I don’t feel exactly threatened by these three versus every SH and a bunch of sea kings…

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005
Awesome Chapter, Vegapunk for next crew member/grand fleet member! The World gov really going all out to end themselves here

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
that was a fun chapter, vegapunk's gimmick is cool

kinda wonder if bonney being held hostage by the world government (we know they had her captive for a long time) was what lead to kuma becoming a cyborg

i suspect the wg think vegapunk knows too much and has outlived his usefulness now that he's made weapons as strong as the seraphim for them. with lucci speculating about lulusia there's probably some wider agenda though

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Ok but can we talk about the cover story?? Kuzan??? That's Kuzan that froze everything right??

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

mabels big day posted:

Ok but can we talk about the cover story?? Kuzan??? That's Kuzan that froze everything right??

probably

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm only aware of it, but i'm getting some Cyborg 009 vibes? if you turn 9 upside down you get 6 and i dunno?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Fecha posted:

What the hell did Vegapunk do to convince the WG to kill him?! He’s behind so much of their military power at this point. Seems suicidal to end that partnership

That said, I don’t feel exactly threatened by these three versus every SH and a bunch of sea kings…

Probs him knowing too much + now that the Seraphim are done the WG don't have a use for him anymore.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

MorningMoon posted:

I'm only aware of it, but i'm getting some Cyborg 009 vibes? if you turn 9 upside down you get 6 and i dunno?

It's basically Pain from naruto. Literally 6 paths for pain, 6 bodies for vegapunk

lih
May 15, 2013

yeah it has to be kuzan. could be blackbeard sending a bunch of his crew/allies to attack whole cake after hearing that big mom was defeated or just gone to join up with kaidou (not clear on the exact timing here)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, Cyborg 009 was 9 distinct individuals, not really the same thing

lih
May 15, 2013

also wonder why the kuma seraph is referred to as a problem child, it doesn't quite sound like he's there to just use as a weapon

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Wait... If there's 6 versions of Vegapunk

Pirate Docking 6 - Big Emperor
Vs
Scientist Docking 6 - Big Punk

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Fecha posted:

the WG wanting to kill Vegapunk makes perfect sense to me. there is an important piece of information that the WG could only just have learned: that vegapunk didn't dispose of the knockoff kaido dragon fruit, instead keeping it, and it just so happens to have turned up in the hands of the new shogun of wano who is explicitly allied with the inheritor of the sun god mantle (who has just been declared an emperor of the seas).

this same radical pirate is also the one that vegapunk explicitly assisted by acquiescing to kuma's last request. all that, plus the fact that we know this is hardly an alliance of mutual admiration (remember, vegapunk was allied w judge/caesar/queen, some pretty bad dudes), i could see them waiting for the chance to dispose of this person/people. and like lucci says, the lulusia timing probably isn't a coincidence - they've gotten what they want out of vegapunk (the glowing destruction beams probably and the seraphim) so when better than now to take them out

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Infinitum posted:

Wait... If there's 6 versions of Vegapunk

Pirate Docking 6 - Big Emperor
Vs
Scientist Docking 6 - Big Punk

:hmmyes:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Is the Kuma seraphim supposed to be a kid? I guess a giant kid/teen isnt unheard of but Lucci himself is fairly tall too. I wonder if our assumption about the seraphim being kids because they were grown that way is wrong, and they're just whatever age the World Government got their hands on the originals at. We know Boa was captured as a kid, and some tragedy was hinted in Mihawks past which could be related. Kuma wasn't a tool of the WG until he was an adult, so that's probably why his seraphim is like that.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

HERE WE loving GO

Really enjoying the last few chapters of Vegapunk and old characters reemerging. Finally we're getting the payout for 25 years of world building.

e: I agree with post above, Vegapunk is probably seen as a traitor now that they've had robo-Kuma protect the SHs as well as his replica Kaido fruit being used by SH allies.

Sub Harrison fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Oct 7, 2022

lih
May 15, 2013

vegapunk just seems to want to be given the freedom & resources to do science and will happily work for whoever lets him do that

cp0 even commented on seeing vegapunk's artificial fruit back in wano so being suspicious about that is probably part of it too

we still don't really know why vegapunk considered it a failure but i'm guessing it'll turn out to be a really silly reason like 'the dragon was the wrong colour'

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Vegapunk splitting himself into six extra bodies just so he can work on more ideas ALL THE TIME is pretty great. I'm kinda hoping he's gonna end up being a Dr. Hiriluk type, if only because I want him to respect and admire Tony Tony Chopper :shobon:

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Julias posted:

It's basically Pain from naruto. Literally 6 paths for pain, 6 bodies for vegapunk

I was reminded more of Father from FMA. Note the Seven Deadly Sins motif: Lilith is greedy, Shaka is prideful, Atlas is wrathful, and Yoke is presumably lustful.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ready for Yoke to be peak Oda Woman Body.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Ready for Yoke to be peak Oda Woman Body.

I could see Yoke as a male character who has the same parallels with Sanji than Lilith has with Nami. Edison (Flair) is probably the really "sexy" one.

Or maybe I'm overthinking all this.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

What a good chapter!

I love the Vegapunk gimmick, this is going to be a really fun arc. I really like the design of Atlas, reminds me of Tezuka or early Akira Toriyama.

And so many good gags! Lilith getting intimidated by Zoro while the others continue to freak out and/or be charmed by the cyborg sea beasts! Luffy and co pigging out on the automatic food machine! The holograms!

Plus, I'm excited to see CP0 in action. This arc is gonna be great :allears:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

So excited for Kaku to be back.

Also it's been a bit what's Stussy's deal again?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Electric Phantasm posted:

So excited for Kaku to be back.

Also it's been a bit what's Stussy's deal again?

If I remember right, isn't she the Socialite from Whole Cake Island who was actually a secret Cipher Pol agent, the one who tried to steal the Fishman Island chest and got rumbled by :bignews:?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Jerusalem posted:

If I remember right, isn't she the Socialite from Whole Cake Island who was actually a secret Cipher Pol agent, the one who tried to steal the Fishman Island chest and got rumbled by :bignews:?

She was not beaten or anything. But she is also an Underworld Kingpin