Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

man nurse posted:

Majima Everywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
people talk about the men in 0 that shaped majima...mr libido was the most important influence of all

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 59 days!

man nurse posted:

Majima Everywhere

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
rouge of love with either saejima or majima is untouchable but butterfly is definitely up there as far as karaoke songs go

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I finished Judgement and it's so good. My only real complaint is that the Keihin Gang stuff happens a bit frequently.
I'm just missing two of the side cases. So I'll get back into that at some point soon.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
big fan of kiryu's thoughts under the objective

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

i just unlocked the second school club in lost judgement and this game kicks so much rear end

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
did not think i was going to have this much fun in kiwami immediately after finishing 0, but i am.

loved to kick the poo poo out of those fake injury dudes.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

did not think i was going to have this much fun in kiwami immediately after finishing 0, but i am.

loved to kick the poo poo out of those fake injury dudes.

I came to really enjoy Majima Everywhere cos once you got strong enough to beat him quickly he essentially became a metal king slime. I was pretty much maxed out stats wise well before the end of the game lol

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
yeah i realized that pretty quick that every battle with him is about 50 levels of exp.

he’s currently on break :(

decided to go do all the pocket racer stuff in the meantime.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
I'm really bummed I waited this long to play these games. Unless something really horrible happens Yakuza is gonna be my favorite series of games of all time.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

I'm really bummed I waited this long to play these games. Unless something really horrible happens Yakuza is gonna be my favorite series of games of all time.

People get pretty bummed out at 3 and 4, but they’re not bad games, and I think they hold up pretty good. It’s just after 0 and Kiwami 2 they feel like PS3 games. My recommendation would be to set them to easy. The substories aren’t as good, 5 is where that really took off, but it’s worth it for the stories and characters.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

4 is a bad game and 3 owns.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

pretty much

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

This, but even then I’d say that 4 is only bad by Yakuza standards. While I was playing it I still would have given it like a seven out of ten. But in the couple years since everything about it except the stuff I hated and the cool John Wick scene with Saejima has slid off my brain entirely and I only really remember the bad stuff

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

This, but even then I’d say that 4 is only bad by Yakuza standards. While I was playing it I still would have given it like a seven out of ten. But in the couple years since everything about it except the stuff I hated and the cool John Wick scene with Saejima has slid off my brain entirely and I only really remember the bad stuff

It wasn't THAT bad until the final boss rush, which is the worst I've ever seen in gaming

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

the absolute last boss of 4 is maybe th worst last boss in gaming, just shockingly bad

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

It wasn't THAT bad until the final boss rush, which is the worst I've ever seen in gaming

I didn't think it was anything special until I got to the absolute last guy lol. I ain't finishing that poo poo.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Hated playing through it but looking back it's hilarious, especially if you play 5 right after and it ignores that it ever happened

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fortaleza posted:

Hated playing through it but looking back it's hilarious, especially if you play 5 right after and it ignores that it ever happened

my fave thing is 5 during the amon stuff when they try to call tanimura and he doesnt pick up the one time and they go ehhh. he's probably fine

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

If you put a gun to my head I could not even tell you what 4 was about.

edit: I think the only thing I remember is rubber bullets

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Fungah! posted:

my fave thing is 5 during the amon stuff when they try to call tanimura and he doesnt pick up the one time and they go ehhh. he's probably fine

Lol yeah and he's never mentioned again. A real "he died on the way to his home planet" moment

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I remember the music in 4 being good, especially the training/sparring one

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Fortaleza posted:

Lol yeah and he's never mentioned again. A real "he died on the way to his home planet" moment

If you don't want to be baselessly accused of a crime, don't do the voice acting and mo-cap for a bad character -time.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

4 is a fine game but absolutely the worst Yakuza game, too disjointed and even though Saejima and Akiyama are cool, Tanimura sucks rear end. And the ending boss gauntlet is godawful

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

tanimura sucks so much poo poo lmao. worst protagonist in the series, shinada is 10000x better in 5

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Shinada fucks.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I forgot about the (yak 4 spoilers if you care I guess lol) CIA subplot with Dojima's Twin Brother, lmao so fuckin bad

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It’s kind of insane how much better 5 is than 4 even just a few chapters in

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I forgot about the (yak 4 spoilers if you care I guess lol) CIA subplot with Dojima's Twin Brother, lmao so fuckin bad

Lol I forgot about that too. What horseshit

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

It’s cool that he never shows up or gets mentioned again either

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

That actually may have been 3, they tend to blend together outside of Okinawa

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Starting to think I intentionally blocked 4 from my memory like some kind of trauma

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

That was 3 though. I’m pretty sure, at least, I played 3-6 in a back to back marathon so to some degree they’ve all blurred into one big mega-game in my memory

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fortaleza posted:

Shinada fucks.

misread this and spent five minutes preppin a super pissed off kiryu gif

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Yeah that's 3 with the CIA subplot with Kazama's long-lost twin. I remember because the big bad CIA guy gets grappled by the final boss shouting "hey! HEY! What the hell" the entire time the latter is doing his epic endgame monologue

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Fungah! posted:

tanimura sucks so much poo poo lmao. worst protagonist in the series, shinada is 10000x better in 5

agreed 100%

would be sick if shinada comes back in like a dragon 8...

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Kiryu>ichiban>majima>saejima=yagami=shinada=haruka=akiyama>>>tanimura

Long way of saying all the protagonists besides tanimura r ftw. Shinada absolutely better be a party member in 8

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

holefoods posted:

If you put a gun to my head I could not even tell you what 4 was about.

edit: I think the only thing I remember is rubber bullets

Even the characters don't know, hence the finale just being everyone going uhhh how about we put some money on a roof and the bad guys will show up to get their free money and we can punch them. it can be the roof of the Millenium Tower. do you like that. Kiryu is this a good plan. and then Daigo shows up to fight Kiryu as his final boss and Kiryu is like "Daigo? what are you doing here?" and Daigo is like "I have no loving idea lol"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I appreciate 4 for introducing Saejima and Akiyama to me series and for Saejima telling his buddy to go balls out.

The final boss is kinda poo poo, unfortunately.