Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

just another excuse to harvest data

Im gonna harvest their data with my with my middle finger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice
Wouldn't putting some high bar of minimum games to play before allowing people in to ranked matches do that without the need for a phone number? OTOH the data harvesting argument.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Volte posted:

I couldn't resist anymore and started a Bloodborne playthrough last night and I totally forgot just how bad the framerate is. It's actually tough to look at for too long. My eyes become physically tired. I don't think I would put up with this for literally any other game. Please god let there be a remaster someday.

your eyes will adjust when they are on the inside, friend :cthulhu:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
gently caress I forgot about the Plague Tales

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

withoutclass posted:

Wouldn't putting some high bar of minimum games to play before allowing people in to ranked matches do that without the need for a phone number? OTOH the data harvesting argument.

Flooding the new player experience with cheaters instead is a terrible fix

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Don’t get me wrong it’s loving stupid to force people to link a phone number to their shootmans games too

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice
Have they considered making everyone that wants to play install a rootkit like Valorant? lol

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Tactics ogre is going to be a long rear end game, I think. I recall the psp version being real long anyway.

The games I'm most excited for are the Dead Space remake in December and the other Dead Space remake in January

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Someone I watch on Twitch, played the PS1 version for the first time and it took them over 100 hours.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Tactics ogre is gona fucken rool

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

fridge corn posted:

Tactics ogre is gona fucken rool

Yeah

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

they should only have all that anti cheat stuff for Pc users. Maybe they do. Keep those cheating freaks siloed.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

They made a video game about the rapture?

There was a really bad Left Behind RTS

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Dragon Quest XI owns so so much

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't think that far ahead but this month I would like to finish Maiden of Black Water, Scorn and Rats 2 before Star Ocean 6 comes out.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Escobarbarian posted:

Dragon Quest XI owns so so much

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

History Comes Inside! posted:

Don’t get me wrong it’s loving stupid to force people to link a phone number to their shootmans games too

I thought of a fix: stop making it for PC.

For end of year games I want to finish, it’s my current campaign in TWW3, Inscryption, GOW, Elden Ring, Little Nightmares 1/2 this month, and maybe maybe maybe Pathfinder: Kingmaker.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Frankston posted:

My game of the year list is probably going to be:

1. Yakuza: Like a Dragon
2. Disco Elysium
3. GoW Ragnarok

Disco Elysium slips to the number 2 spot because I haven't played it this year.

Is Like a Dragon really that good? I took a crack at it last night and man, I think I got to control the character for maybe ten minutes out of the first two hours. I gave up when I got out of jail and got ignored by Arasaka at the cemetary, and then drove off with the cop dude. Wasn't feeling like anything very special from the very little I played, just kind of a basic RPG system with an empty open-world?

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Escobarbarian posted:

What games do you want to complete before the end of the year?

I'm not sure I have the rest of the year laid out, but currently my video game horizon looks like this:

Finish Lost Judgment and Kaito DLC
Toem DLC
Outer Wilds DLC
God of War Ragnarok

After that who knows? Maybe I'll be in the mood for Snowrunner if it's snowing out.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I’ve already completed the games I wanted to play this year. Namaste

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

By which I mean none because it’s the PS5 LOL

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Phenotype posted:

Is Like a Dragon really that good? I took a crack at it last night and man, I think I got to control the character for maybe ten minutes out of the first two hours. I gave up when I got out of jail and got ignored by Arasaka at the cemetary, and then drove off with the cop dude. Wasn't feeling like anything very special from the very little I played, just kind of a basic RPG system with an empty open-world?

It starts off really slow but I personally really enjoyed it by the time I finished the main plot.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Going to spend $240 on pre-orders for 4 fighting games to get a digital collectable. Thank you sony.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Fortnite doesnt

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Didn’t someone already point out you only need to buy one of the games for those things?

Also Kojima’s dumb and agreeing with his take is reactionary dad views. There have been dozens of very good adult sci-fi movies since Star Wars came out. Off the top of my head and not including the ones people have mentioned, there’s Ex Machina, both Bladerunners, Voyage Home, Undiscovered Country, First Contact, Contact, Her, that one where the aliens teach a language that causes people to see time non-linearly, Aliens, 12 Monkeys, Fifth Element, Looper, the Matrix, Being John Malkovich, Eternal Sunshine, Sunshine, a ton of animated stuff, and so on

I find it helps to actually be a fan of sci-fi if you don’t want to have a myopic view of sci-fi and zero in on just Star Wars and apparently Zardoz. Kojima might as well hold up the Solar Babies as the kind of movie Hollywood won’t make anymore because of Star Wars.

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Oct 11, 2022

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Okay, that's credits on Xenoblade 3, finally. 96 hours.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

owl_pellet posted:

I'm not sure I have the rest of the year laid out, but currently my video game horizon looks like this:

Finish Lost Judgment and Kaito DLC
Toem DLC
Outer Wilds DLC
God of War Ragnarok

After that who knows? Maybe I'll be in the mood for Snowrunner if it's snowing out.

Plague Tale erasure.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Is Sifu fun or is it like dark souls where it's more "maybe if I smash my face against this wall one more time I'll finally be happy"?

I love fun games, I hate hard games.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
it’s a hard game, with an easy mode

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Is Sifu fun or is it like dark souls where it's more "maybe if I smash my face against this wall one more time I'll finally be happy"?

I love fun games, I hate hard games.

I reject the false dilemma but it's hard

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

bloodychill posted:

elps to actually be a fan of sci-fi i

Larry Niven himself pointed out that science fiction isn't a genre, but a lens. If it doesn't work as the story it is it won't work with space lasers, either.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Vikar Jerome posted:

Me2 is goat, no chop!!!

By chop, I really mean move to next year.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Arist posted:

Okay, that's credits on Xenoblade 3, finally. 96 hours.

Dayum.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Fix posted:

Dayum.

xenoblade 2 lasted me 135 hours (deduct 5-10 hours for time spent idling). these are very big games

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Finally started playing Resident Evil 2 on PS5 and got dragged to the ground and hosed to death by a cop and a second, fatter cop, 10/10

Also having never experienced more than a couple hours of an RE game before I'm sure people have commented on how totally insane it is that the PC just instinctively knows they've used a key to its fullest extent right

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I;m thinking about thos callistos

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Replaying CP2077 on PS5 and it really is a great game. The conversations you have with johnny while youre tech od'ing are really well done. I'm glad CDPR is sticking with the series.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Nuts and Gum posted:

Replaying CP2077 on PS5 and it really is a great game. The conversations you have with johnny while youre tech od'ing are really well done. I'm glad CDPR is sticking with the series.

It’s such a great world and story to exist in.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Casnorf posted:

Larry Niven himself pointed out that science fiction isn't a genre, but a lens. If it doesn't work as the story it is it won't work with space lasers, either.

Genre is just a marketing term anyway, why do you think scifi, fantasy, crime novels get their own section in the bookshop apart from all the rest of "fiction"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boz
Oct 16, 2005

bloodychill posted:

that one where the aliens teach a language that causes people to see time non-linearly

What is this it sound sick