Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

boz posted:

What is this it sound sick

I think Arrival?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

that was a real good short story

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Arrival good as hell

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I thought I had made it to the end of act 1 in DQ11 but it turns out what I was assuming was the end of act 2 is the ACTUAL end of act 1 and just good lord lol. maybe I won’t manage to complete it this year but I’ll still give it a good try. this just isn’t a game I want to rush because that would mess with the vibes

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Inscryption tonight, looking forward to it! I aim to get as far as I can and will really try to understand the mechanics :hai:

Will probably play maybe two or so rounds of TLOUSday as well (if everyone else is!) while I am still figuring out my new commute and having to get up exceptionally early :)

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Nuts and Gum posted:

Replaying CP2077 on PS5 and it really is a great game. The conversations you have with johnny while youre tech od'ing are really well done. I'm glad CDPR is sticking with the series.

Can you all copy/paste your settings for horizontal and vertical camera movement and ADS sens and all? I was trying to get another go at it too, but wow is something weird about the camera movement. It’s either extremely slow, super fast if I hold down a direction, or way too sensitive and impossible to shoot anything when ADS’ing. I would totally love you if you could make this game feel like destiny or just any other fps.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Escobarbarian posted:

Arrival good as hell

Yeah it is!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

VideoGames posted:

Inscryption tonight, looking forward to it! I aim to get as far as I can and will really try to understand the mechanics :hai:

Will probably play maybe two or so rounds of TLOUSday as well (if everyone else is!) while I am still figuring out my new commute and having to get up exceptionally early :)

Toss the schedule and build on what you like best. It's video games.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Escobarbarian posted:

I thought I had made it to the end of act 1 in DQ11 but it turns out what I was assuming was the end of act 2 is the ACTUAL end of act 1 and just good lord lol. maybe I won’t manage to complete it this year but I’ll still give it a good try. this just isn’t a game I want to rush because that would mess with the vibes

Dq11 is long. The 3rd act is optional post game content imo.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The third act is the rest of the game don’t be fooled

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Oh god here we go

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

You died back in jail, everything after Hotto is post game

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I have serious doubts I will ever kill Phrike but I keep trying

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

RareAcumen posted:

You died back in jail, everything after Hotto is post game

Oh. Oh, no.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/jiyunaJP/status/1578278087770648577

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

kirbysuperstar posted:

I have serious doubts I will ever kill Phrike but I keep trying

Give yourself 2x health by saving the big health kit from the store for him. Makes him way easier.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

VideoGames posted:

Excitement!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Challenge level 5 Kaycee's mod in Inscryption currently pissing me off so much, but I still can't stop playing.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

I can almost understand why on, not that I support it mind you.

Allows them to try to deal with ban evades since grabbing new burners is pretty costly after awhile, but this is a purchaseable game right? that means it requires PS+ so there is already a cost associated with ban evasion so I am not sure what it is going to accomplish.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Twibbit posted:

Allows them to try to deal with ban evades since grabbing new burners is pretty costly after awhile, but this is a purchaseable game right? that means it requires PS+ so there is already a cost associated with ban evasion so I am not sure what it is going to accomplish.

PS+ is shared between accounts on the same console

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

PS+ is shared between accounts on the same console

... I wonder if sony allows developers to see whose PS+ account is being shared to ban all future accounts from a game that share it? If they don't they should.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Twibbit posted:

Crossplay was a mistake. At least between console/PC.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I stopped playing DQXI at the start of the third act because I was tired of it. Enjoyed it a lot though.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
A lot of you need to playing the most recent dragon quest... yakuza 7. :colbert:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

JBP posted:

I stopped playing DQXI at the start of the third act because I was tired of it. Enjoyed it a lot though.

That’s totally valid

The only invalid reason to not play act 3 is “but it’s the postgame if you pay no attention to the story threads left to pull and all the remaining plot that happens in act 3”

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

RE: Arrival, absolutely look for the short story collection of Ted Chiang (original title is Story of Your Life), his sci-fi writing is top tier. There's even a story (Understand) that completely shits on the premise of Limitless.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Playing DQXI like a book helps a lot. I treat sections like chapters, so I do the get to town and figure out what’s happening stuff as one chapter and then the dungeon and plot stuff you get at the end is another chapter etc. And much like most actual books I took a break of a few months

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Twibbit posted:

Warzone is free to play, and thanks to forced cross play some PC players have been ruining the experience for everyone. This will hopefully add an element of annoyance to ban evasion that makes it not worth it.

I don’t understand why some people aren’t in support of this.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Sammus posted:

Warzone is free to play, and thanks to forced cross play some PC players have been ruining the experience for everyone. This will hopefully add an element of annoyance to ban evasion that makes it not worth it.

I don’t understand why some people aren’t in support of this.

Because blocking prepaid numbers is telling people who can’t/don’t have phone contracts that they’re worthless to you.

Kind of lovely on its own, extremely lovely if you consider that a lot of those people aren’t in that boat by choice due to having bad credit or just generally being poor.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Sure does suck being poor but at least you can play free games except no you can’t because actiblizz are happy to treat you as a second class citizen because they make lovely decisions about how to manage cheating without thinking about how that might impact their customers

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

“It’s fine everyone has a phone these days”

-some middle class tech bro in an actiblizz conference room full of other middle class tech bros

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Escobarbarian posted:

Playing DQXI like a book helps a lot. I treat sections like chapters, so I do the get to town and figure out what’s happening stuff as one chapter and then the dungeon and plot stuff you get at the end is another chapter etc. And much like most actual books I took a break of a few months

Did you enable the option for towns people to lie to you about things? I played the switch version demo and nearly lost my mind when i saw that, such a great thing to have, when i get round to playing it its def going on for the first run

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
hey man tripleposting while angry at naked evil is my thing

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

The Saddest Rhino posted:

RE: Arrival, absolutely look for the short story collection of Ted Chiang (original title is Story of Your Life), his sci-fi writing is top tier. There's even a story (Understand) that completely shits on the premise of Limitless.

Yeah, Ted Chiang's amazing. You know how short-story collections usually have one or two standouts that make the whole thing worth it? He only writes those ones.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Casnorf posted:

hey man tripleposting while angry at naked evil is my thing

sorry

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

haha you wouldn't want to get as polarized opinions about you as i get now would you its a cautionary hey man

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

veni veni veni posted:

Crossplay was a mistake. At least between console/PC.
Counterpoint: crossplay is great and literally the only reason I'm able to play games with any of my friends

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

History Comes Inside! posted:

Because blocking prepaid numbers is telling people who can’t/don’t have phone contracts that they’re worthless to you.

Kind of lovely on its own, extremely lovely if you consider that a lot of those people aren’t in that boat by choice due to having bad credit or just generally being poor.

Statistically, they probably are worthless to Activision. So why pander to people who aren’t going to pay for their product?

If tying accounts to phone numbers leads to a better experience for the players, and the only cost is a small percentage of the player base, bring it on.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The value of players to companies is a weird statistic, games like Call of Duty need an insanely large playerbase (so basically at any time of day you can immediately get into a game). This does require a large base of players who are playing for free or in a way where you could argue they're losing Activision money, but at the same time their presence is required to make the actual whale players happy and not gently caress off to a different game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Sammus posted:

Statistically, they probably are worthless to Activision. So why pander to people who aren’t going to pay for their product?

If tying accounts to phone numbers leads to a better experience for the players, and the only cost is a small percentage of the player base, bring it on.

This opinion is terrible