Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Edit: Carpentersnipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Veeg’s luck ran out tonight

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Veeg makes a totem that makes squirrels (which you sacrifice immediately for other cards) become stronger after one turn instead of doing it for birds because “I don’t have any bird cards”

https://clips.twitch.tv/DeterminedAffluentNoodleFreakinStinkin-8qhnBj3NrcrXaXiK

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
If the phone number is too much (and from I hear, they’re allowing Cricket wireless users back on, which doesn’t help people in central and South America who tend to have less money and less access to “trusted” wireless companies) I think Actiblizzard should just bite the bullet and go with the root kit if they insist on letting PC players play with others. People really do accept it for Valorant. They’ll accept it for OW2 and Warzone.

It’s either that or ask for a small fee upfront for each registration in the realm of $5-10. Maybe let it come with some ingame currency so that people get something out of it and feel more investment with the game so they’re less likely to cheat.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Escobarbarian posted:

Veeg makes a totem that makes squirrels (which you sacrifice immediately for other cards) become stronger after one turn instead of doing it for birds because “I don’t have any bird cards”

https://clips.twitch.tv/DeterminedAffluentNoodleFreakinStinkin-8qhnBj3NrcrXaXiK

That’s how I thought about it too, because it’s presented along with like squirrels specifically and reptiles and elk or something so I thought it was birds, not flying cards. I beat Inscrpytion like last week, it’s p good. I feel like the best run I had was when I made a totem that gave squirrels 3 blood drops each when sacrificed so I was able to basically immediately play the best cards I had.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

VideoGames posted:

I just cannot accept locking a group of people out of playing a game for the crime of being poor as a decent start to combat cheaters. They could do something else. I also cannot justify giving Activision, the incredibly terrible company, my phone number. I do not play Call of Duty or any of their blizzard games so this does not affect me. This is not something I can give any applause to.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
RE2make continues to deliver thrills and chills. Playing it blind and considering how few safes I opened and obvious puzzles I never found the items to bypass (the stuck library shelf, the diamond locks) before moving past the police station I assume I either come back or some stuff is only possible for the other character (playing as Leon first)

Also its absolutely bullshit that I couldn't just shoot the C4 to make it explode

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Wolfsheim posted:

RE2make continues to deliver thrills and chills. Playing it blind and considering how few safes I opened and obvious puzzles I never found the items to bypass (the stuck library shelf, the diamond locks) before moving past the police station I assume I either come back or some stuff is only possible for the other character (playing as Leon first)

Also its absolutely bullshit that I couldn't just shoot the C4 to make it explode

I'm pretty sure the stuck library shelf is essential, unless you are only actually halfway finished with the police station. If so, you have some fun encounters coming 👀

imo Leon has it a little harder than Claire too

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Wolfsheim posted:

It's pretty great. I played RE3make first and liked it a bit better overall, but cannot deny both games are very high quality.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veegy bumbled his way through the trapper on his first try. it was incredible

https://twitch.tv/videos/1621434755?t=2584s

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

RE3 is prettier and the dodge button is great but it's a pretty different vibe to 2

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

And Jill should skip arm day less often

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

RE3 is prettier and the dodge button is great but it's a pretty different vibe to 2

Yeah, I just like Jill. ;-*

Claire sucks.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Claire sucks.

Claire has kind of an odd face that leaves her alternately looking like a teenager or an adult women depending on the cutscene. She has a grenade launcher though, so all is forgiven

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Yes, we get it, you don't want to play the games and don't really care about them. A lot of people do and the conversation is about trying to make it work while limiting the negative effect cheaters/griefers have on the game so that the people who do want to play the game can enjoy it. This includes a lot of poor people and kids that just want to enjoy themselves, which are the people that are getting screwed by the phone number requirement.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

acksplode posted:

https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news/john-carpenter-loves-fallout-and-sonic-finds-red-dead-redemption-too-hard-3301612

He'll play Fallout 76 but not MGS. Filthy casual. Never ask your heroes what their favorite games are

:smug:

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Claire sucks.

Claire's pretty rad in Revelations 2, and I'd be astonished if you can't get that one cheap this spooky season.

Uh, don't ask about Code Veronica.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I like remake 2 and 3 mostly equally but I like the punched up feel of 3 more. Just feels better to play and looks nicer (they both look amazing though) 2 is spookier and less disappointingly short though.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

bloodychill posted:

Yes, we get it, you don't want to play the games and don't really care about them. A lot of people do and the conversation is about trying to make it work while limiting the negative effect cheaters/griefers have on the game so that the people who do want to play the game can enjoy it. This includes a lot of poor people and kids that just want to enjoy themselves, which are the people that are getting screwed by the phone number requirement.

You doing okay, dude? Quoting veegy's post is not exactly the most inflammatory thing in the world. :shrug:

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

You doing okay, dude? Quoting veegy's post is not exactly the most inflammatory thing in the world. :shrug:

I’m fine. I just find empty-quoting to be annoying, especially when you don’t appear to care about the games being discussed except in regards to some conspiratorial thinking about why a company might do a thing.

“But bloodychill, you’d be naive to think this corporation isn’t harvesting data.” And yet, IT professionals, who are some of the most paranoid people on the planet, will tell you to get over yourself and always use your phone number or an authenticator for 2FA even with companies like Google whose entire business is built on data harvesting.

It’s over, the corporate strike forces know where you are and Activision is coming to hold you at gunpoint and make sure you buy all their games and 10000 Call of duty Points. These are intelligently abbreviated CP, which I’m not joking about.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Look, you're a cool dude and I'm not gonna fight with you over Activision/Blizzard. :)

acksplode
May 17, 2004

It is so easy to imagine John Carpenter posting itt. Hey I got a PS5 and I love horizon are there any other good open world games? Don't say RDR2 I couldn't get on the horse lol. I know everyone's down on FO76 for being buggy but I dig it. Imagine if we bullied him into playing Bloodborne. My god

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

It's pretty great. I played RE3make first and liked it a bit better overall, but cannot deny both games are very high quality.

I get the sense that RE3make is more action packed, which may be even better for me? Truthfully I've never liked horror survival games but I have a friend who felt the same and insisted that RE2make is smooth and fluid and action-oriented and approachable enough that it clicked for him, and so far I agree! I bounced hard off the RE1 remaster but I think the ridiculous puzzles and extremely small inventories aren't as bothersome when I'm not also fighting the awkward controls and fixed camera angles.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Wolfsheim posted:

I get the sense that RE3make is more action packed, which may be even better for me? Truthfully I've never liked horror survival games but I have a friend who felt the same and insisted that RE2make is smooth and fluid and action-oriented and approachable enough that it clicked for him, and so far I agree! I bounced hard off the RE1 remaster but I think the ridiculous puzzles and extremely small inventories aren't as bothersome when I'm not also fighting the awkward controls and fixed camera angles.

Yeah, RE3make is more action-y and over the top, and the dodge ability and QoL features are cool. It was neat also because I'd never played RE3 back in the day but had a strong memory of RE2, and the two games intersect in various places. RE3make has a few tedious boss encounters but overall I liked that it was less backtracking and puzzles. I only played Leon's route in RE2make all the way through so both games are about the same length but just paced differently. Jill and Carlos are both great characters, and ridiculously well mocap'd/animated.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

In Carpenter's defense, some of the contextual control poo poo in RDR2 is bugfuck insane.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

acksplode posted:

It is so easy to imagine John Carpenter posting itt. Hey I got a PS5 and I love horizon are there any other good open world games? Don't say RDR2 I couldn't get on the horse lol. I know everyone's down on FO76 for being buggy but I dig it. Imagine if we bullied him into playing Bloodborne. My god
He is used to working in 24fps after all

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i like how an entire play session of Disco Elysium can be just having one conversation with someone. great game.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I wonder if he ever played the ps2 The Thing game

I dunno if he played it, but he's a supporting character in it.

I want a remake of that game so bad, with modern consoles they could 100% deliver on the promises they made for that PS2 game.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

"I can't believe that kid ate that whole pizza" -- Tim Rogers's mom

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

bloodychill posted:

I’m fine. I just find empty-quoting to be annoying, especially when you don’t appear to care about the games being discussed except in regards to some conspiratorial thinking about why a company might do a thing.

“But bloodychill, you’d be naive to think this corporation isn’t harvesting data.” And yet, IT professionals, who are some of the most paranoid people on the planet, will tell you to get over yourself and always use your phone number or an authenticator for 2FA even with companies like Google whose entire business is built on data harvesting.

It’s over, the corporate strike forces know where you are and Activision is coming to hold you at gunpoint and make sure you buy all their games and 10000 Call of duty Points. These are intelligently abbreviated CP, which I’m not joking about.

I personally believe blocking poor people from being able to play a game is a bigger issue than cheating in a game

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
You might think the stratification of society is a problem and that poor people deserve entertainment, however, consider the gamer experience

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Thankfully we’ve established in the previous thread that as long as gamers can game, nothing else matters because something something no ethical consumption

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

goblin week posted:

You might think that poor people deserve entertainment, however, consider the PS5

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
After the MSRP raise I'm not in a place where I dare even consider it

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm not sure what's funnier, watching publishers fumble over the dogshit clusterfuck they have created that is modern AAA GAAS video games, or resident drama queens acting like they have to go take a break on their fainting couch because 2FA is apparently a targeted assault on the poor and not just some flawed attempt at controlling rampant cheating, that also happens to involve games they don't like in the first place.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I had Stray on my wishlist and already had a certain amount of credit on my account, so the wishlist just popped up to remind me that Stray is 20% off, but it's not listed in the deals section or any other sale collection that I can see.

:thunk:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

I had Stray on my wishlist and already had a certain amount of credit on my account, so the wishlist just popped up to remind me that Stray is 20% off, but it's not listed in the deals section or any other sale collection that I can see.

:thunk:

Stray is free in the PSPlemium, so if you have that it might not show up to buy.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Also sad that I did not have stuff setup properly for TLOUSday, but Inscryption was kind of amazing and my luck lasted for SO long. Sadly nothing I could do about that last move, but feel good to have gotten to it :)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Oh, actually, I actually think it's the sales switching over and the store not updating yet. I just thought it was weird is all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Also the 2fa thing is loving dumb I wasn't trying to target BP or VG with that one you both just happened to post right after.