Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Luffy and Lucci will become friends in this arc. The threat will be something else!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021
It would be very funny if Lucci decides to try to stealthily take out all the Vegapunks after he learns Luffy is on the island, which in turn leads him into being Caribou'd

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

ragnarokette posted:

It would be very funny if Lucci decides to try to stealthily take out all the Vegapunks after he learns Luffy is on the island, which in turn leads him into being Caribou'd

Stuffed inside a barrel?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Is the manga on break this week?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Is the manga on break this week?

Nope

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I forgot about Franky during Punk Hazard lol. It's gotta be like a whole year of chapters he doesn't show up in, right?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I dont want cp-9 rematches i want cp-0 vs sword. Lets see Helmeppo take on Kaku

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I want stussy to secretly be admiral tier strong

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Stuffed inside a barrel?

Stuffed inside a barrel and carted around as an exposition dump or way to tie in to other plots for a few years, yeah :v:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Man I miss when Zoro would wear the bandana.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
but he wore it in his last fight

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Gah, he did, didn't he? A lot of the raid kinda blurs together to me.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

hatty posted:

but he wore it in his last fight

maybe one of the dumbest ways a character has fought in this manga (compliment)

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

You think if Luffy saw that he would start copying it?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I don’t know what you’re all talking about that’s just the way Pteranodons hunted in prehistoric times

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
As a refresher, Vegapunk is composed of six bodies. They are:
Punk-01 "Shaka" - "good".
Punk-02 "Lilith" - "evil". (with Franky, Nami, Usopp, Robin, Zoro, Sanji and Brook(?))
Punk-03 "Edison" - "thinking/thought".
Punk-04 "Pythagoras" - "wisdom".
Punk-05 "Atlas" - "violence/wrath". (with Luffy, Chopper, and Jinbei)
Punk-06 "York" - "greed".

They are all referred to as his Satellites and use the kanji for cat with the furigana spelling satellite

Speculation: Vegapunk had/has three other bodies which are missing/hiding/dead as a reference to cats having "9 lives"

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Oct 12, 2022

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

Punk-02 "Lilith" - "evil". (with Franky, Nami, Usopp, Robin, Zoro, Sanji and Brook(?))

They are all referred to as his Satellites and use the kanji for cat with the furigana spelling satellite

Speculation: Vegapunk had/has three other bodies which are missing/hiding/dead as a reference to cats having "9 lives"

I think there is also a seventh one, being the main body.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

I would have never seen this collab coming but guess it worked

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

How is the butt plug business these days?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Infinitum posted:

That's insider knowledge.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Kaku will only be redeemed if he goes back to Water 7, gets down on his hands and knees, puts his forehead to the ground and begs forgiveness from the people there :mad:

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

ragnarokette posted:

Oh yeah, that's right: We still have Caribou around to cause schenanigans on this island, too. It'd be fun to get a Caribou vs Lucci moment.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Infinitum posted:

It's plugging along

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Xelkelvos posted:

Why is this spoiled? Chapter got officially released.

Anyway, one of the other bodies will be Kizaru.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Xelkelvos posted:

So there's like less than zero chance that all the satellites aren't some kind of hilariously ironic twist on what they're supposed to represent, right? My guess is Shaka is only "good" by whatever bugfuck insane metric the WG classifies as "good".

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Six Paths of Daft Punk! Really looks like Oda got inspired by them, I wonder if he likes their music and vibe. Daft Punk had some very sci-fi MTVs for their songs.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

So there's like less than zero chance that all the satellites aren't some kind of hilariously ironic twist on what they're supposed to represent, right? My guess is Shaka is only "good" by whatever bugfuck insane metric the WG classifies as "good".

I think the satellite classifications are probably how Vegapunk sees them, not the WG.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also Lilith is very much a nasty crime girl who wants to steal.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Waffleman_ posted:

Also Lilith is very much a nasty crime girl who wants to steal.

So pre-timeskip Nami?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Mraagvpeine posted:

So pre-timeskip Nami?

See, we're already getting our matchups.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
but nami was only pretending to be nasty because of a pool shark

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

That shark walked on land

It was clearly a street shark

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

skipmyseashells posted:

I want stussy to secretly be admiral tier strong

Kaku's line at the end there is pretty funny, since this is Robin's arc (she is an assassin who found new work)

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Oda made a mistake, Edison should be Greed.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Lol at the wiki just making the satellites subtabs.

Also am I the only one who thinks Atlas looks like Uta

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Waffleman_ posted:

Lol at the wiki just making the satellites subtabs.

Also am I the only one who thinks Atlas looks like Uta

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I like Lucci as a villain and I'm glad to see him back; Lucci was, in my opinion, Luffy's pre-timeskip rival, moreso than anyone else. I'd say that he was the pre-timeskip Katakuri in many ways, though slightly more of an archnemesis than a rival. (Luffy continued fighting Katakuri partially because he wanted to, because he felt like he could reach a higher level while fighting him, whereas with Lucci it was more of a necessity, because Luffy realized he was the only one who could handle Lucci.)

Lucci vs Luffy is a straight up slugfest, Final Destination, No Weapons. It's just two guys beating the poo poo out of each other with their special powers. There's no element form, no weapons, it's just fisticuffs (sometimes with claws and fangs).

Lucci has to be stopped, not because he's the Final Boss with the Evil Plan (honestly the schemer is more Spandam), but because Luffy knows that if he doesn't face off against Lucci, Lucci will just go and try to murder the rest of his crew. I'm pretty sure there's a scene where Luffy says that outright, and Lucci actually grudgingly admits respect for Luffy for being willing to put himself on the line for his crew, comparing him (favorably) to Spandam, who just keeps running away and tossing CP9/fodder Marines in the crew's path. There's also the small conversation between the Straw Hats while they keep the attacking Marines at bay where they talk about Luffy instinctively knowing who he needs to fight, and they admit that if it weren't for Luffy, Lucci woulda merc'd them.

Lucci really knows how to get under Luffy's skin. Like, he deliberately causes flooding in Enies Lobby during his fight with Luffy just to further piss Luffy off by putting Luffy's crew in danger. Like yeah, his mission was to stop the Straw Hats from reaching Spandam/Robin, but this just comes off as an incredibly spiteful move intended specifically to rile Luffy up because he knows Luffy values his crew.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Honestly the worst thing about CP0 is that CP9 switched out their loving stylish black suits in favor of less badass white suits. CP9 was so fuckin' cool.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

You got one with the bangs over the eye, another one with the two-tone hair.... :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Uta sings with Ado's voice, Lilith doesn't.